Grip vs Mahal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 am

Mark Ellis wrote:Just sold my Mahal. I bought it and used it for a few rounds but gave up on it and returned to my Revolution bag. I offered it for sale at $20 less than I paid for it and sold it in 10 minutes (at Am Nats, there were lots of potential buyers). Maybe I should have offered it at $20 more than I paid for it??

Now I am considering trying a Grip Bag. It may be worth a few bucks to try it out.

Oh, and I just bought a used cart. Like all bag options, it ain't perfect, even caddies have their drawbacks.


Why didn't you like it? I was really considering giving up my Kong for this bag.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage
User avatar
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: North Alabama
Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby juju » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 am

Mark Ellis wrote:Now I am considering trying a Grip Bag. It may be worth a few bucks to try it out.


I will sell you mine once I get it. Expect a PM in about 6-8 months.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby Mark Ellis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 am

Sean40474 wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:Just sold my Mahal. I bought it and used it for a few rounds but gave up on it and returned to my Revolution bag. I offered it for sale at $20 less than I paid for it and sold it in 10 minutes (at Am Nats, there were lots of potential buyers). Maybe I should have offered it at $20 more than I paid for it??

Now I am considering trying a Grip Bag. It may be worth a few bucks to try it out.

Oh, and I just bought a used cart. Like all bag options, it ain't perfect, even caddies have their drawbacks.


Why didn't you like it? I was really considering giving up my Kong for this bag.


It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just didn't like it as well as the Revo. I gave a review of my impressions on page 15 of this thread.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental
User avatar
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby Sean40474 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 am

Wow, I must brain dead. I forgot I replied after your review. In my defense, I've been high on NyQuil because of a bug I caught over the weekend. My temp has been about 102 off and on for about two days....apologies for the redundancy.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage
User avatar
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: North Alabama
Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby Kscustom » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:54 pm

I have had my mahul over a year now, and love it nothing has went wrong with it no signs of wear, I kinda want a grip bag too now, but I deffinitly don't need one
Kscustom
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:25 pm
Favorite Disc: Flash

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby dgdave » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm

So how do the new Prodiscus bags compare to the grips?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:30 pm

bigger, seems to ride about the same, love the extra pockets on the outside of the drink holders. Only complaint really is the drink holders aren't insulated and if you put anything that sweats in them it will go through the material to the outside pocket.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Previous

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron