Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park - Dubuque, IA

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park - Dubuque, IA

Postby chkiaar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:12 pm

My wife and I recently played this course on a trip back home. Being novices, the course was challenging right out of the block. The concrete pads were great to tee off from though sloped and slanted. The course is heavily wooded with narrow fairways, steep and hilly terrain and lots of blind dog-legs. (great to hone your skills)

The thick undergrowth made finding your disc difficult as you tried to avoid the poison ivy. A very clean course with lots of trash cans. Some fairways criss-crossed. A very peaceful course with lots of wild life.

Don't know if I'll play it again. It was challenging, as looking for your disc gets old. Great way to get in shape as you combine hiking with disc golf. Other players were friendly and helpful
chkiaar
Noob

Favorite Disc: valkarye

Re: Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park - Dubuque, IA

Postby SouthernGolf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:39 pm

After living in Mississippi for 22 years my family just moved to Dubuque on account of my dad Getting hired by IBM and when I visit I wanted to check out local courses. This one sounds good! Any reviews for others in the area?
SouthernGolf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega SS P&A

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 pm

either head up to Madison or down to the Quad Cities.
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby kamekora » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 am

How does one encounter a career without connections? I am desperately seeking an opportunity to work with wildlife, but I don't have any connections and I don't know where to start!!! I've contacted one place via email without any responses yet. I am a nurse, but I want to work with animals ((yes, I'd like to be like Steve Irwin was or Jeff Corwin or any of the countless other wildlife warriors)). I live in Southern New England.

Postby Cory Greenleaf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:07 pm

If you want good courses in Iowa head to the quad cities for sure. Theres both camden parks on the illinois side. and in davenport, iowa theres eastern ave park. If you want more details go ahead and message me!
Cory Greenleaf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Frenzy

Return to Courses