Bag o' lowracks

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bag o' lowracks

Postby lowracks » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Take a look!

Distance:
Valkyrie (1 Star, 2 Champs) - star is still pretty stable, while the champs are a little more beat up. used mainly for hyzer flips, downwind distance, and just distance in general. I max out with them at about 440'.

Firebird (Champ) - overstable. headwind distance driver.

Fairway:
Eagle (1 champ, 2 Stars) - champ is moderately overstable (will come back reliably when turned) and the stars are seasoned to beat. I max out at around 400', but will use them up from 250' or so if the line demands it.

Midrange:
Roc (2 KC, 1 DX) - used for roc like things. I max out at about 330' and will use them from as low as ~200ish

Putters:
DX Aviars - throw them about 280 and use them for pretty much anything under that if the ceiling is low enough.

The biggest thing I notice is that I have a gap in between the Firebird and Valkyrie. I'm thinking of getting a Starfire for headwind/moderately overstable distance. What do you think?

edit: I should also note that I don't like speed 11 and higher. I have small fingers and generally can't get a good grip. Speed 9 is optimal, but I can do 10 just fine.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Re: Bag o' lowracks

Postby fanter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

It's nice to see someone else using Valkyries for max D. I get mine to around 400' right now. I carry a QOLF as a moderately overstable driver between my Valkyries and Predators. It's a speed 9 and comes in a variety of plastics. I have an MOLF right now that flies like a super long Star Eagle. The Q holds up well in wind. My experience with them in S is limited, but the one I had was flatter and glideless.

An Avenger might also be good in that speed range.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:36 pm

PD, Avenger, Starfire, Northman, OLF, Riptide, Surge, Tsunami, I think you could probably pair any of those with a Valk and they would compliment it nicely
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 pm

in order to bridge the gap, u would need something that is just slightly overstable. i think that u nailed it with the starfire. the orc, avenger, pd, beat esp pred... would also be good choices. but it is up to you. it looks like you enjoy throwing innova, so maybe both the orc and starfire could find their way into your bag.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby lowracks » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Been awhile.

Distance:
Orcs
Valks
Firebird

Fairway:
Eagles
Leopards

Mid:
Rocs

Putters:
PnA's

Thinking of bumping up to a Wraith and replacing my Orc that has now seen better days. Got a new glow firebird and that thing is awesome. Also considering adding a Rhyno for windy approaches. Not really throwing any further than before... having trouble getting to the next level in distance. I think in order for me to do that I need to start experimenting with distance lines. Currently I don't throw those too well. Need more practice. My putting is the strongest part of my game by far... it's been getting me through otherwise shitty rounds lately.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion