Deliciosity

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Deliciosity

Postby LumberJack » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am

Gorilla Boy Silverback.

1-172g Opto xXx - lightly seasoned and still pure beef (trick shots, flicks, tommys, etc)

1- 174g Z Predator - well seasoned (headwind beater, money skips, flicks, spikes)
1- 174g Z Predator - fresh (new headwind beater and spikes)

1- 172g Star Wraith - fresh (reliable distance)
1- 167g Pro Wraith - lightly seasoned (my bomber)

1- 171g P PD - seasoned (probably my most thrown driver)
1- 172g P PD - worn (was my most thrown driver, turnovers, power down , etc)
1- 171g S PD - lightly seasoned (reliable distance)

1- 170g Champion Leopard - seasoned 7.5/10

1- 180g Proton Vector - it's taken a couple of weeks but i'm liking it more and more.
2- 180g DX Roc both bottom stamped, one is 6/10 the other 4.5/10

1- 175g Medium Warlock (firm, glossy yet still grippy)- seasoned (Warlocks, nuff said)
1- 175g SS Warlock (rubbery) - seasoned
1- 175g SS Warlock (firm and grippy) - seasoned
Last edited by LumberJack on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Deliciosity

Postby LumberJack » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:35 pm

It's a good bag. I've taken the Aftershock and the Fuse out and tossed in a Vector, a few old dx Rocs and a champ Leopard. I love Leopards! And lately I've been working and digging the Vector too, especially flicking it. The Aftershock's lil bead tore my finger up flicking it. I want to try an Ion but I have so many Warlocks and there isn't anything wrong with my game throwing Warlocks. So, unless the Warlock gets discontinued and my stash disappears... I probably won't be changing putters anytime soon.

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Postby Lamp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Good to see you're set on the putter slot (wish I could say that for myself), that can be a problem for a lot of people, knowing what the best disc is for you for approaches and putts. One of my two wizards has been phenomenal and sometimes I'll throw a magnet into the mix. Some people say that switching around too much can mess up your game, but so far, everything has acted nearly identical while inside the circle so my job now is to find out which of my putters is the best for long approach shots and off of the tee.
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby Apothecary » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 pm

you should be able to maintain so long as you change up to a different putter of similar flight characteristics. i kill it with ions and wizards. put a magic or apx in my hands and watch me flop around like a fish out of water until i practice for a couple weeks with it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Lamp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 pm

How long have you had the silverback LJ? And how has it been holding up? I know the wait with orders from GB can be frustrating but it seems to be worth it if you aren't in dire need of a bag.
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby Hyzerline49 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:39 pm

does your worn P PD overlap your leopard at all, or do they have completely different purposes or distances?
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby LumberJack » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 am

Lamp wrote:How long have you had the silverback LJ? And how has it been holding up? I know the wait with orders from GB can be frustrating but it seems to be worth it if you aren't in dire need of a bag.

2 full seasons and too many rounds to count. It's only seen the snow once, however, but plenty of rain and mud. The only thing wrong is that my iron ons are starting to peel off :(

LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Postby LumberJack » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 am

Hyzerline49 wrote:does your worn P PD overlap your leopard at all, or do they have completely different purposes or distances?

I don't push my mids out all that far, so I put the Leopard in as a comfort disc. If the shot is over 300 I'm probably going to throw a Leopard or PD or most likely a Predator if I can get away with it. I have some overlap in my bag and I'm perfectly content with it. The star Wraith and S-PD overlap a bit. The Leopard and worn P-PD overlap a bit and the worn Z-Pred shares duties and shot similarities with all four of those.

The Leopard and P-PD work nearly identical lines with the PD being 30' or so longer on the same line. The Leopard handles a stall a lil better because it's not as nose sensative. They both glide for days and range pretty well for faster discs.

p.s. my wishlist = Discraft to start punching out x-Predators again! I could conceiveably throw an all Predator/Warlock bag. Now that's minimalism!

I want to throw a Sword, Boatman, King, the ABC mids and an MD2. So many discs, so little time. Having a job and a family really gets in the way of spending all day at the park... :P

LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Postby Lamp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 pm

You'll like the king, I don't have a power arm by any means and it added easy distance right off the bat. I've never had a problem with wide rims on discs, so if you're a person that can also get around that easily then it should feel pretty comfortable. I'd imagine that it will be even better once I get it to beat in more.

I've also been meaning to try out the sword and boatman, love VIP plastic, and have also seen some pretty good reviews on the two.
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby LumberJack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 am

Droped the PD's, the Wraiths and the xXx. I don't plan on playing in any tournaments and about the most serious I get around here is Dollar singles/doubles.

I replaced the Wraiths with a pink esp Nuke and a pink x Nuke. The x Nuke is poppy top and flat bombs. It probably won't last long but it crushes right now.

I replaced the PD's with OLF's, 2 MOLF and 1 QOLF. Love them. And all three are 1.1's.

I've also droped in an 11x Firebird and I've been throwing the 2011 Discraft Ace Race disc, I love it. It does 200' with a flick of the wrist... lol.

Droped the Vector and put my rocs and Aftershock back in.

so...

1 - 175g blue 11x champ Firebird

2 - 174g reddish/orange z Predators

1 - 172g pink esp Nuke
1 - 170g pink x Nuke

1 - 173g orange QOLF
1 - 171g white MOLF 8/10
1 - 171g orange MOLF 6/10

3 - 180g white Rocs 7-6-4.5/10

1 - 180g dayglow green proline Aftershock 9/10

3 - 175g blue Warlocks

1 - 179g peach esp 2011 Ace Race disc (not pdga approved but fun as hell, great catch disc too)

LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm

This thread title is misleading. I have nothing to do with this bag.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:40 pm

i like how you are sticking to certain molds. how stable is the new ace race disc?
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby LumberJack » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm

On a Millennium kick lately. Dig the sparkle sparkle Quasar, picked up a couple m Astras and a QJLS. Took my Rocs out to throw some MD2's. And And And... I picked up a soft and medium Ion.

LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion