Can't get pull through and acceleration right

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Can't get pull through and acceleration right

Postby SouthernGolf » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:31 am

SouthernGolf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega SS P&A

Re: Can't get pull through and acceleration right

Postby JR » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Yup you're right about your analysis in another thread of not getting the elbow forward. You do indeed flail around with the arm because of the latter and missing "the pause". Which is described several times over here check out the search function. Your plant step is a few inches too long. You are not the worst offender in raising the right leg from the hip before the plant step lands but there is some of that. You are also right about accelerating early but there are some long throwers in Finland that say that they get their longest tosses by accelerating at full power when the plant step lands. Those guys are very muscular so they may be accelerating until after the release. YMMV. I'm not there and throw shorter so i can't say from personal experience which is the longest form to throw. With my limited power i can't top the distance i get from late acceleration with an early pull. This is the first season when i've not lost significantly with an early pull. I worked out in the winter. Things may change with time once i gain more power. That remains to be seen in the coming years. That is if i don't start getting slower. I'm so old that it will be an issue soon unless i've already passed my prime. I'm too close to eligibility for masters division.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique