Jay Reading's pull cart

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Jay Reading's pull cart

Postby discthrower3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello all, I was made aware of this forum from CJ (thanks CJ). The picture above is the actual box. They are very strong. I made about 6 of those carts about a year ago. Because of some early flooding at my house this year and a hectic schedule, I was unable to continuing making them. However, I am in the process of making some more with a slight modification. I am hoping things work out and I can have some finshed in August some time.

If you are interested in one let me know. They come in black, orange and green (camo sort of)

Bob Prenot
Discadde
discthrower3
Noob

Favorite Disc: The one that aces

Postby CJ39073 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm

I called Bob who lives in Winona MN. He is the one who has been making the carts. I have had a cart for going on 2 years! Since I have had the cart, I hardly ever use my bag anymore. The cart makes a great seat!! I have dragged this cart all over Wisconsins most wooded coarses and it works great! Absolutely no issues! I just got off the phone with the maker of these carts (BOB P. out of Winona MN) to alert him to this thread. I will leave it to him to give you guys further info. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. My advice would be to get one if you can! My advice if you were thinking of building one is to just buy this one. Reason being, is after parts and man hours your going to be close in price to what the Disccaddie would cost you. That is just my opinion.
CJ39073
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz

Postby juju » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey Bob,

Post some more pics if you have any. These are really nice and some more pics will give people an idea of how well they are made.

One thing about this box compared to the igloo is that the pole has to be much more angled because of how the box opens (igloo had a hinge opening that didn't require room behind the box). Maybe this is something you have already addressed though.

I know there are probably a few people in the TC area who'd be interested.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby mickas » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

CJ brought his into the shop today and I looked it over, very good craftsmanship, worth every penny.
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

mickas wrote:CJ brought his into the shop today and I looked it over, very good craftsmanship, worth every penny.

And how many pennies are they? :mrgreen:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby discthrower3 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:41 am

juju wrote:Hey Bob,

Post some more pics if you have any. These are really nice and some more pics will give people an idea of how well they are made.

One thing about this box compared to the igloo is that the pole has to be much more angled because of how the box opens (igloo had a hinge opening that didn't require room behind the box). Maybe this is something you have already addressed though.

I know there are probably a few people in the TC area who'd be interested.

For some reason I can't find my pictures I had of it inside and out. I will definitely post some of the new batch when I get them done and pricing.

Thanks for all the great reviews!
discthrower3
Noob

Postby ziggy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:
mickas wrote:CJ brought his into the shop today and I looked it over, very good craftsmanship, worth every penny.

And how many pennies are they? :mrgreen:

Estimated $150
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Steady 26542 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks Ziggy!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby discthrower3 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:58 am

Hello all, just wanted to give you an update to those that are/were interested in one of my carts. Unfortunately it has been taking longer than I had hoped. Had some issues that are now resolved, but because of this I will be looking at mid to end of October. I am truly sorry that they did not get finished in time. I hope you will still be looking to get one.

Thanks,

Bob Prenot
discthrower3
Noob

Postby juju » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks for the update, Bob. Keep us posted...
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby discthrower3 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:35 am

Hello, I wanted to give you an update. Anyone interested in a cart I have a few made at this time. With money tight, I was able to make a few and will make more if I can sell these. Here is a link to what they look like. http://discadde.weebly.com/discadde-carts.html

Qty's available 2-orange, 2-black, 2-camo.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks, Bob
discthrower3
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion