My Talon Elite-Z

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My Talon Elite-Z

Postby asimo » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:36 am

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a used Talon Elite-Z because it was a good deal and was still in perfect condition. In the past I have only purchased Innova discs because I understand thier rating system and trust in the quality of thier products. The information on Discraft's website about the Talon was a little less than illuminating. I don't really care much for the Discraft rating system.

I am hoping someone on this forum can tell me more about the flight characteristics of the Talon Elite-Z. I would like to know which Innova disc it is most similar to.

Thanks for any help,
Asimo :D
asimo
Noob

Postby K.C. Lofty » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:27 pm

http://www.teepad.bigstep.com/DiscChara ... dsheet.htm

I might not agree with all of their ratings, but It's a great comparison resourse to get an idea of what the discs will do.

Hope that helps.
K.C. Lofty
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:29 am

Z talon is imo, somewhere between a champ eagle and champ firebird, but faster than either one of them. it will work great for straight to hard left and headwind drives... after it gets broken in (may take around a year), it can become a great, predictable straight driver that will finish left.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

the good, the bad and the ugly

Postby asimo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:26 am

I am also interested in good or bad experiences that players have had with a Talon Elite-Z.

Does anyone carry one in thier bag and really love it? Have you made a memorable shot with one?

Is there someone who really dislikes this disk and has some good reasons? What reasons?

thanks,
asimo
asimo
Noob

Re: the good, the bad and the ugly

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:33 am

asimo wrote:I am also interested in good or bad experiences that players have had with a Talon Elite-Z.

Does anyone carry one in thier bag and really love it? Have you made a memorable shot with one?

Is there someone who really dislikes this disk and has some good reasons? What reasons?

thanks,
asimo

I still carry one. Before my predator it was my main headwind disc. It has a very predictable left turn; you can always count on it to come back. Others that have thrown it compare it to a teebird (its beat up pretty good).

I don't find myself using it as often as I used to, but I can still lay it right by the basket.

I like it. The only reason I don't sound more enthusiastic is that there are discs I like better (avengers both x and z).
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Re: the good, the bad and the ugly

Postby Pagan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:23 pm

asimo wrote:I am also interested in good or bad experiences that players have had with a Talon Elite-Z.

thanks,
asimo

I carry a couple of talons in my bag. Mostly for longer straighter sidearm shots. I throw the flick when I want a sharper right turn and talon for a longer slower right turn. I can throw this disc pretty good backhand, and purchased a photon glow talon because I figured that when playing at night I can throw it both ways. I tend to release my sidearms a bit odd. Meaning that the disc is released with anhyzer leaning like this / about 40 degrees and the overstable talon rights itself and flies straight as long as I get enough height to level out.
Pagan
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

talon

Postby twmccoy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:58 pm

I was throwing a 150 Z talon around today and was impressed with it. The disc would cruise long and straight and then fade hard left. For a light disc, this one is nice. I'd compare it to an avenger but with a little more high speed turn.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Re: talon

Postby Pagan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:29 pm

twmccoy wrote:I was throwing a 150 Z talon around today and was impressed with it. The disc would cruise long and straight and then fade hard left. For a light disc, this one is nice. I'd compare it to an avenger but with a little more high speed turn.

Forgot to mention that the flicks I carry are 169 and 174 (photon glo). I do have a memorable shot with a talon. Hole 8 on our course is 407 feet long. the first (and to date only) time I dueced it was with the 169 talon. I was throwing back and forth from 8 pad to pin, then 7 pad to pin in loops practicing and working throws. I landed the talon in a triangle of trees about 2/3 of the way. Just for grins n giggles I sidearmed the tal at the basket around the trees and by the gods it went in! I just stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds thinking no way that went in. I looked closer and yeap it was in the chains! I was so stoked! A 140 foot shot and it went in.

A word of warning about sidearming talons in the deep snow. they have such a thin profile they bury themselves fairly well. I spent over a month looking for mine till the snow melted enough to locate it.

Pagan
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to Equipment