Re: PDGA guy who people don't like vs guys who don't like hi

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 am

biscgolf wrote:liar...

vegan ray's likes:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings

also snuff films and potpourri...

well don't the brown paper packages contain snuff films?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Triflusal » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:16 am

VR also likes:

ASS
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby veganray » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:23 am

BUSTED! You gents know me all too well. I do like this type of movie:

and this:

and (doesn't everybody) the delightful catchall Jeopardy! category.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Re: PDGA propaganda

Postby Solbo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 am

the_lung wrote:Hey Solbo, I was NEFA member at one time so get your facts straight, dickwad.

Looks like I have to add you on Ignore on this message board, and apparently Adam Smith as well. Funny, then I wouldn't be able to see a majority of posts in this thread. :lol:

Epic douchebags like Veganray, underparmike, Solbo, etc. are merely burrs in the saddle of the tens of thousands of people who are out there trying to grow the sport of disc golf. Their lives seemingly revolve around spewing almost daily negativity, hate, and ridiculous conspiracy theories on internet forums. Some of their behavior is so bizarre that I often wonder if they have serious depression or bi-polar issues. They are the very definition of internet tough guys, and when you actually try to interact with them "in the real world" they of course say nothing to your face. (serious anxiety issues, perhaps?)

If there's one thing I'm guilty of, it's a lack of sensibility...because I choose to call them out on their bullshit. Somebody has to stand up for all the volunteers that they denigrate, so I do it. But even I have my limits and eventually I realize that there are more important things in life like my wife, my son, my friends, my band, etc. Eventually there comes a point where you just have to tune out the inane ramblings of crazy people. I'm no psychologist, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks end up in either a mental facility or prison someday. In the meantime, I make more room for the important things in life. :thumbup:

Laughable... who's the crazy person? I never once talked shit about the PDGA, or any of it's volunteers. Our argument was over the NFL and the "rivalry" between the Steelers and Pats, look up the last few meetings to see if it actually qualifies as a "rivalry" :lol: ... This guy is delusional when it comes to football, that's where we are at odds, I have never denigrated anything to do with the PDGA, disc golf or growing the sport in discussions with LaGrassa.. So don't lump me in with that crowd... it's really funny actually that he thinks he's above being called an "internet tough guy" yet, you read this post and it's the EPITOME of what an internet tough guy does, belittles his enemies, (calling us crazy, calling us depressive and actually assuming some of us may be bi-polar), then actually taking information off of another message board (yes, I do have an anxiety issue, but it's not serious) and making light of it hear to a national forum... nice jab :roll:

I like underparmike and veganray b/c they have been involved in the inner workings of the PDGA before, and likely know a little more than alot of people on this board, I also believe Steve Timm has been posting on this thread and he's a great guy as well, I've played golf with him before and I surely think he could vouch for my "character" off the message boards, I don't act like I do over on NEFA, b/c frankly, I really don't know many people on this board personally. I know a significant portion of the people that post on NEFA, thus feel free to speak how I want over there, and for the most part, there are no hard feelings. As for the hate I "spew", it's only to typical steeler fans, this is how I picture Jeff LaGrassa...

The Prototype Steelers Fan

1. Backwards Steelers hat. Not only is this more intimidating, but Ben Roethlisberger wears his hats in this fashion, so it must be cool. (Ed. note: it isn’t.)

2. Incredibly corny, yet timely novelty t-shirt. Alternate shirt for game day: “On the Road to Sixburgh”.

3. Duffle bag from a previous Super Bowl, thus letting everyone know that this ain’t his first rodeo.

4. Colored, reflective sunglasses protecting his eyes from giving any clues about his motives. Hint: They likely aren’t friendly. Or legal.

5. Gold chain, just to let you know that he’s got it like that.

6. Superman tat. Why in the world would this guy feel the need to have a Superman logo on this leg? Ask your mom, bro — she knows why.

7. Bluetooth. Because one hand is reserved for a Terrible Towel and the other an IC Light.

8. Pencil-thin chinstrap. Much like how the male gorilla’s back hair is silver, this strap of facial hair is used to distinguish the male Steelers fan from the female. Despite this bit of brilliant evolution, there is still oftentimes confusion.

9. Steelers tat. This guy loves the Steelers for life and now NO ONE CAN DOUBT THIS!

10. Matching shorts and shoes. Because you gotta look good out there when you’re begging for autographs, am I right, ladies?

hell I have two other really good friends that put up with my barbs over there about their steelers, that also haven't accused me of being a hate-monger or anything like that, it's b/c their grown-ups. This guy is not. Clearly. Neither is he a good sport, we have Packers fans over there... after babbling all week and talking smack did he come and congratulate the Packers fans for a game well played? Nope, he came on and created his wonderful signature... shown below...

Pittsburgh Steelers: Played in the Superbowl 2 out of the last 3 years!

Patsies: Have done jack schitt from 2008-2010.

Classic huh? He's proclaiming the amount of SUPER BOWLS his team has been in! Wonderful, how'd they do this past February, I can't remember because of the lockout, no one remembers the LOSERS! Loser.

Guy hates the Pats more than he likes his Steelers, it sooo funny, and he says he has a life, you should have seen the epic breakdown/arguement we had over how succesful the two teams drafts have been... he's already got Maurkice Pouncey in the HOF, Dennis Dixon was a great pick :roll: , Rashard Mendenhall is a GREAT workhorse back, one of the best in the NFL... TWO of the best LB's in the league in Lawrence Timmons and Lamar Woodley :lol: one of the, if not the BEST Punter in the league (when healthy) Sepulveda... future STUD DE Ziggy Hood :lol:

So, as you can see, I don't have any problem with how he is involved with the PDGA or promoting the sport, b/c I am against the sport growing at all, just became the Vice President of the Cape Cod Disc Golf Club, already well on our way to 501(c)3 status, with full disclosure of how our monies are spent... trust me, they'll be put into the community and disc golf courses on the Cape, not into flying our officials everywhere on god's green earth for events.. must be nice... We already have 30-35 paying members for a club that started this year, have already raised enough money to revamp the course, rent woodchippers, hold a day of burning, fix tee pads and the like. Have already been commended by the local police, town and community for the effort we are putting forth to fix the image of our sport, holding a camp for kids next month, holding our first tourney and an ace race this year, (first time the course has had either in probably 10 years) ... local newspaper has already done a half page spread on us, got interviewed for a full page spread for publication for this week. So, yep.. I don't try to grow the sport, I am a hinderance b/c I tell you how much your Steelers blow. Never spoken a word about your role (whatever that is) with the PDGA or anything against the PDGA... GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. Oh yeah, played about twice in the last month, I got more to worry about than disc, a sick mom, a 6 month old baby at home, doing about 3-4 renovations at my house right now, a full time job and other things, I guess I can agree with one thing... there are more important things in life. :roll:
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby Solbo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 am

veganray likes cooking non-vegan meals (very tasty BBQ) for meat eaters. I know he likes that.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.