300 ft max. about the same distance with buzzz or teebird

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

300 ft max. about the same distance with buzzz or teebird

Postby lovelust » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Here are a few clips of me throwing. The 1st video and the first and final throw in the 2nd video seem to have the best snap, but most of my shots are nose up which I think is killing my distance/glide.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z231/babinkaman/?action=view&current=100_3952.mp4

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z231/babinkaman/?action=view&current=100_3953.mp4

Anything you see wrong with my throws, or any advice you can give for me??

thanks
lovelust
Noob

Favorite Disc: Magic

Re: 300 ft max. about the same distance with buzzz or teebi

Postby new013 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 pm

i'm not an expert... but it's obvious you have nose angle issues, that's probably why you are throwing your discs about the same distance. Mids are less affected by nose angle than drivers.
Last edited by new013 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby MDP » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Nose up release could be caused by a couple of things (or a combination of things). Make sure when you grip, your wrist is tilted down like you're pouring a pot of coffee.

Second, you're not getting you're weight shifted all the way through. Your torso should finish even with your plant leg, or even in front of it. From the videos you're not getting your weight to your front foot, and that can cause noose-up issues.
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby lovelust » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:29 pm

MDP my friend, great advice. I never noticed until you said that. I can see me knee bending, almost buckling, right when the power is there. If I get my weight over it and power through with my leg I bet I will be doing some damage very soon.

Thanks man!
lovelust
Noob

Postby JR » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 am

Fixing the knee bend and getting more weight forward helps a lot but you also pull slightly down to up from reach back to rip. And you need to wrestle the wrist down in the snap portion of the throw. Your hips, shoulders and arm swing don't seem that explosive in the acceleration.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby lovelust » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Ya I look pretty weak throwing it...kinda like a nice fluffy toss, not explosive like you said. I was messing around letting the disc get further towards my right shoulder before whipping around, and it seemed to have a good effect. I'll try to get some more video once I get some improvement.
lovelust
Noob

Return to Video Critique