nutsac dg bag, good or bad ?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

nutsac dg bag, good or bad ?

Postby speedcraz-3 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 pm

i only throw like 5 discs and this bag seems very high quality kinda pricey though, anyone own one?
speedcraz-3
Noob

Favorite Disc: nuke

Re: nutsac dg bag, good or bad ?

Postby Jsw » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:25 pm

They're pricey but will last forever. So to me, it just depends on your style of play. If you only use it as a transitional bag while you are learning and adding more discs to your bag - it will outgrow it before you really got good value out of your investment.

However if you are mostly just a casual player, playing quick rounds for relaxation and don't want to be burdened with the extra weight - I would go for it.

To me, they are ideal for casual players to have something that will last, and look "cool".

Not that you can't play tournaments with a NutSac. However having something a little more spacious and conventional is better(extra room for scorecards, pencils,towels, sunscreen,bug spray, etc).

I opted for a FADE crunch box because I wanted to have the extra room for misc. shit and a water bottle.

TL:DR = If you are just starting out and that's why you have limited discs, Get a Crunch Box w/ Straps. You can always upgrade the bag later and keep the straps. If you are damn sure you just like to use a handful of discs for the foreseeable future and like the style of the NutSac, get one.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby Wordgie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:49 pm

I was torn between the Fade Lite and the Crunch Box. After visiting Disc Golf Center I decided on the Lite. Same quality construction, same capacity (I've got 9 in the main compartment with room for a couple more) and has the bottle pocket. The only thing it doesn't have is the extra compartment on the end opposite the drink pocket. If you can live without that, you're only looking at around $14. Still has pen holders, mini pocket/scorecard holder and a zippered pocket on the inside of the top flap.

Just another option if you're looking at expanding your arsenal and saving some cash.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby Pwingles » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

they look fucking retarded, im sure they perform as advertised, aesthetically they are ridiculous
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby speedcraz-3 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:46 am

ive actually been playing for almost five years i just dont feel the need to carry more than 5-7 discs
speedcraz-3
Noob

Postby singularity » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:41 pm

My friend owns one and loves it- but I find it's too small for my own use. I also like a marker pocket. One thing I will say is it is made with the utmost in quality. Like they say, you get what you pay for.

.singularity
singularity
Noob

Favorite Disc: Aviar

Postby Dogma » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm

If you've been playing for 5 years and like the look of it then get one. For me though, even if I didn't carry more than 5 discs I'd still want a place for a water bottle, and a decent sized pocket for a light jacket, food, whatever. I think a Revo Mini or GB Spider Monkey is more versatile and still super light, but everyone has different wants/needs. Nutsac seems more stylish than practical to me. And I use the term 'stylish' loosely.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Dogma wrote:If you've been playing for 5 years and like the look of it then get one. For me though, even if I didn't carry more than 5 discs I'd still want a place for a water bottle, and a decent sized pocket for a light jacket, food, whatever. I think a Revo Mini or GB Spider Monkey is more versatile and still super light, but everyone has different wants/needs. Nutsac seems more stylish than practical to me. And I use the term 'stylish' synonymously with the words "ugly as shit".

FYP
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby speedcraz-3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 am

ive decided on a crucnch box
speedcraz-3
Noob

Postby Lamp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Yeah the nutsac is overpriced. Even if you went with a Fade Lite, it would be a hell of a lot better than a nutsac. You basically get your money's worth with everything other than that POS.
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion