I'm Wordgie and I'm a newb....

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: I'm Wordgie and I'm a newb....

Postby new013 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm

unless your dragon breaths fire and melts your opponents disc why do you have one?
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Wordgie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

new013 wrote:unless your dragon breaths fire and melts your opponents disc why do you have one?

It floats. That's really the only reason. I was looking at playing a local course that has three water holes and got it as a security blanket.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby new013 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm

are you aware your name sounds a lot like orgy?
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Wordgie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Yeah. Long story about the name. Unfortunately it didn't come about during hot, sweaty dirty group sex.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby new013 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 pm

it would be such a better story if it did. in high school a certain group of gals called me black stallion, i'll leave your minds to themselves on that one.
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Wordgie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:19 am

I've cleaned my form and my bag a bit to match, but I still have some holes. Male, mid 40's, been playing a year, average D, RHBH dominant, but getting a decent FH.

Drivers:

Moderately O/S:
Champ Orc 171. Not in love with it, but I can sling it fairly well. Definitely not a go-to, but I have a few holes it comes in handy. I'm open to a replacement if there's any suggestions

Stable:
DX Valk 175. Used to be my go to, still bring it out from time to time. If I replace, it'll be for a premium plastic one.
Champ Beast 164. Really like it, thinking maybe needs to be a tad heavier. Perfectly fine with it in my bag

Understable:
Star Roadrunner 170. Probably my most used disc. Keeper.
Champ Sidewinder 175. It replaced my Star SW I lost. Seems a little more inconsistent, intended to be my forehand disc. Comes in handy and still use it, but will swap it with a Star as soon as this one wears out.

Very Overstable:
i got nothing

Fairways:

Moderately O/S
DX Teebird 170. This is really becoming my go-to fairway. Love hitting an anny with it and watching it fly. Getting worn out, probably gonna replace with a Champ

Stable:
DX Eagle 171. I liked this one from the get go. like the TB, will replace with premium later on
Pro-D XL 170. Will ALWAYS have a place in my bag for one of these. Go to sidearm for tight drives off the tee as well as some tunnel shots. Just got it to replace one so it's got some life left.

Very O/S:
Open for suggestions

Understable:
Gonna be a Champ Leo soon

Mids:
DX Roc
Pro-D Buzzz. Roc is slow coming to me, Buzzz is the shit.

Putter:
KC pro Aviar. I have found me a home
Pro-D Magnet. Not bad, just not the Aviar

It looks like I'm only pro-Innova, but that's what's available off the shelf around me. Any input would be cool.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby Wordgie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Added a 167 Star TeeDevil. Threw it several times today and really like it so far. First throw went damn near arrow straight and bounced off the pole under the basket. I have some tweaking to do on the release but I think it'll be a good driver.

I also threw the Beast and RoadRunner a lot today. God, I love those discs!
Wordgie
Noob

Postby Wordgie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Lost the Eagle the other day. I was told that there was a water moccasin seen recently on the hole I lost it at, so my search ended.

Picked up a 174 Star TL. Really REALLY like it.

I had lost confidence in my TeeBird but camped out at two different tunnel holes chucking it over and over until I got better with it. It worked and is now in heavy rotation. I figured longer and less overstable could be what I was looking for it to do to replace the Eagle and it didn't disappoint.

I threw the TeeDevil a title more today and it's really starting to grow on me. Got some good distance and it skips like freakin' crazy! Picked up an extra 30' on a skip that set me up for a birdie.

I also started throwing the Nuke. Still a little bit out of my power level but it's coming along. I can predict the turn a little better and comes in handy for a couple approaches to some trouble holes. One hole is a par 3 but that's if you nail your tee shot absolutely perfect. This one put in the perfect line and the TL got me within 20' for the par.

My Sidewinder is starting to be my big D sidearm disc. I'm getting past 250 now with a good flat release.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby Wordgie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 am

OK, wise and experienced players. I really need input to see if I'm on the right track. Judging by the improvements in my game, I'd have to say I'm getting there, but let me know what holes and overlap I have and how to fix it.

Drivers:

Moderately O/S:
Used to be the Orc. I'm seriously considering the OLF.
I'd also like to add a Pro Destroyer for sidearm distance.

Stable:
Champ Beast 164. I'm using it more and more.
Star TeeDevil 167. Not an every hole driver, but it has it uses. Helped my take a stroke off two different holes. Gotta try it Sidearm.

Understable:
Star Roadrunner 170. When I need an XL shot to go a little deeper.
Champ Sidewinder 175.

Very Overstable:
Thinking Firebird or Pred

Fairways:

Moderately O/S
DX Teebird 170
Star TL 172. LOVING this one! Fun as hell to hit an anny and watch it weave trees.

Stable:
Pro-D XL 170.

Very O/S:
Open for suggestions

Understable:
Gonna be a Champ Leo soon

Mids:
DX Roc
Pro-D Buzzz

Putter:
KC pro Aviar.
Pro-D Magnet.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby keltik » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Hola Wordgie, glad to see you've kept the XL!

Now If you do carry the XL/TL/Champ Leo you will see them all do the same or similar things. If you want a super flippy driver just slam that Pro-D XL into a few more trees. The Champ Leo and the the TL will pretty much be the same. The TL will be a tad longer. If you want to try the Leo for US duties then I suggest DX or Pro. The champ Leos are very straight IME.

Your mids and putters look fine. Your fast drivers may have some overlap but I don't mess with the fast stuff enough to really comment.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Wordgie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks, Keltik!

I've always got space for the XL. I love how it just sits down at the end of its flight. That's about the only thing that I find different about it and the TB. The TB and the TL run identical lines, the TJ just does it farther from what I've seen. They both hold an anny like crazy then dive to the left at the end.
Wordgie
Noob

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion