Should Chris make the secondary color Black

Yes
69%
Yes
31%

Total votes : 111

Re: Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Postby dehaas » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Is there any wait for a spider monkey? I'm looking for a nice small bag for putters and midrange bags and I think this is what I want.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:Just got my LE Silverback today!! Sweet bag! It seems to have about a disc more room in the main compartment than my Chimp. Very nice indeed. Those side pockets are very large as well. The only problem I have with it is that I can't find my run number. :lol: Thanks for a great bag Chris!

Nevermind. It was under the flap. Sweet 16! :mrgreen:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Apothecary wrote:
gorillaboy wrote:
mejlholm wrote:It's been almost two years since I bought my Simian and I've been very happy with it. It should be a second production run, if I recall correctly.

The original straps that were included has served me well until now, where they are becoming a bit uncomfortable in the heat where I dont wear so many layers of clothers.

Therefore I'm considering my options for replacing the straps. I've tried replacing the straps with my (very old) phenix quadstraps, which didn't really work. Should I get new quad straps and try again? Are any people using this or do you guys stick to the included straps?

Furthermore I understand that the straps have now been replaced with some of higher quality on the second version of the bag. Will these be compatible with the old bags and would it be possible to order these seperately? If so do you have an estimate of the price (including shipping to europe).

the sim has changed now and is made with the straps sewn in permanently so there is no option now for using quads.

had my recent run sim for over a year (averaging probably 36 holes/day) now and i couldnt be happier with it. i was worried about the limited options with the attached straps, but theyre really cushy and break in to conform to the curvature of the shoulders nicely. outside of the color getting sun-bleached (mine is "wine and grey") on the top/seat area, it hasnt shown an iota of wear. i considered putting feet on the bottom of it to raise it off the ground or do a plastic dip...glad i didnt. completely unnecessary. the courses i play are largely rocky/sandy and eat up most bags. the material on the bottom isnt going anywhere

two places where minor tweaks could be used: the bottle holders are too loose for the amount of stuffing you put in them. this has resulted in all of the padding building into a chunk so im left with an insulated ball thats not doing a thing for 70% of the bottle.

second is i feel the area under the disc storage area is underutilized. i stuff my shirt in there sometimes or pop a can of beer when my side pockets are full (very rare...i love the real estate available in the side pockets), but the area is tough to access, even when storing only 11 discs in the main area.

minor stuff. the sim is the best bag on the market, hands down.

if you've had your bag for over a year then it is the old style, I did not start making the new style until feb of this year. the area under the main compartment now has a zipper to access the bottom for storage. the straps did not become permanent until the style change happend and the side pockets are even bigger now.

Roc Lover wrote:id really like to have a sim, but for someone who carries 11-13 non putters, but 3-5 putters, is there enough storage for all those things and other items, water, towels, clothing etc? Right now i have a Dual Pack, traded a grip for it cuz the grip didnt have the necessary storage for my over abundance of putters but the side pockets were plenty big for pretty much anything that wasnt a disc. Right now, the Dual Pack has the perfect amount of storage with that top pocket, can hold my 3-5 putters, shirt, towels etc. I would gladly rock a Sim if it had the necessary storage. Love my Kong, I think im spoiled :)

yes theres room for all of that stuff in the sim
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 pm

dehaas wrote:Is there any wait for a spider monkey? I'm looking for a nice small bag for putters and midrange bags and I think this is what I want.

what ever is on the store for spider monkeys is what i have made up and in stock of those right now.
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby Apothecary » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:19 am

gorillaboy wrote:if you've had your bag for over a year then it is the old style, I did not start making the new style until feb of this year. the area under the main compartment now has a zipper to access the bottom for storage. the straps did not become permanent until the style change happend and the side pockets are even bigger now.

i got no zippered bottom section but permanent straps. :\
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby what'shisname » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 am

Apothecary wrote:
gorillaboy wrote:if you've had your bag for over a year then it is the old style, I did not start making the new style until feb of this year. the area under the main compartment now has a zipper to access the bottom for storage. the straps did not become permanent until the style change happend and the side pockets are even bigger now.

I've not seen the new sim, but the "removable" straps on the sim that I had would have needed to been cut to remove them. The new sim looks a lot different though, the pockets on the side go all the way up.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby gorillaboy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Apothecary wrote:

that cant be cause i never made them that way on that version of the sim.. they should be held on with velcro under the straps that the shoulder straps go through. you should be able to undo the velcro to slide the straps out.
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 pm

the auction for the LE Sim to help raise money for Gabe Harder is now going on over on ebay!
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby Apothecary » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 pm

i cant seem to find the auction. would you mind providing a link?

edit: nevermind. found it.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am

Warning: I'm going to win this auction.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby lowracks » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:29 pm

gorillaboy wrote:
dehaas wrote:Is there any wait for a spider monkey? I'm looking for a nice small bag for putters and midrange bags and I think this is what I want.

what ever is on the store for spider monkeys is what i have made up and in stock of those right now.

So, there's really no wait for Spider Monkeys at this point? I'm looking to add to my GB collection.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby lowracks » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Also, does anyone have any comparison pictures of a Silverback next to a Chimp?
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby Apothecary » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:57 am

fyi theres a little under 12 hours left on the LE Sim auction.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby rwmurrow » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Chris, Just curious, What number bag are you on?
Destroyer,PD2, Firebird, Teebird, Gator, Roc, Challenger
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Chris updates over on talkdg.com quite a bit. Go over there and check it out.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment