WalMart trail shoes

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

WalMart trail shoes

Postby bsstarnesj » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:10 pm

me and a friend purchased disc golf specific shoes in march.
he purchased merrils for $120, i got walmarts for $20
we play every day together and my walmarts have held up better than his for way less of a price.

any responses to this??
p2 - roc - leopard- firebird - pd
bsstarnesj
Noob

Favorite Disc: pd

Re: WalMart trail shoes

Postby keltik » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 am

I'm starting to think it is mostly psychological. I've played in all types of shoes. $20 up to $150. I've had cheap shoes that lasted "forever" and expensive shoes last 2 weeks and vice versa. I think when we pony up the big bucks for name brand shoes we freak out when anything happens to them. with the $20 K-Mart/Wal-Mart/Target shoes we just put them on and don't think about it until they explode. and when they do we just shrug our shoulders and say "eh it was only $20, you get what you pay for."
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby bcr123psu » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:37 am

I wear a 14W. I don't have the option to buy cheap shoes. That said, my Merrells have held up just fine.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Ironhide » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 am

Also to add to what keltik is saying. People might treat the shoe differently cause they are more expensive and think they can take more of a beating. But also there are lemons in every product. So your friend could have bought just a bad pair and you happened to buy a decent pair. As long as they work for you, its a better deal.
My Bag: DX - Aviar Putter - 170g & 175g | DX - Shark - 168g | DX - Roc - 168g & 175g | Pro-D Buzz - 170g | Champion - Leopard - 171g | Star - Teebird(TL) - 171g | DX/Star - Sidewinder - 168g/171g | DX - Beast - 170g
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc & Shark

Postby keltik » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:59 pm

bcr123psu wrote:I wear a 14W. I don't have the option to buy cheap shoes. That said, my Merrells have held up just fine.

I feel your pain. I have wide feet too and Merrells are the ticket.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

keltik wrote:
bcr123psu wrote:I wear a 14W. I don't have the option to buy cheap shoes. That said, my Merrells have held up just fine.

I feel your pain. I have wide feet too and Merrells are the ticket.

I'm sporting a 15. I buy whatever I can find for a decent price...
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby bsstarnesj » Sun May 01, 2011 9:05 pm

i have seen something that zappos does if you buy salomans they offer a year warranty and you can return when they wear out!
anyone know anything about this?
p2 - roc - leopard- firebird - pd
bsstarnesj
Noob

Favorite Disc: pd

Postby niuvalleycane » Fri May 06, 2011 5:19 am

niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rusch_bag » Fri May 06, 2011 6:47 am

There is a columbia outlet store like 15 minutes from my parents house so I have been getting all of my shoes for real cheap there. I'll spend around $30 and get a decent pair of shoes and if they do break I don't care cause I did not spend that much.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby LoudinT » Thu May 26, 2011 10:28 am

I've had uncomfortable cheap shoes in my days and I've had uncomfortable expensive shoes in my days. One brand that I always wanted were Doc Martens but they just don't fit my foot well. I think everyone is different and every foot is different. Overall though I think I've had better luck with durability and comfort with brand-name shoes over WalMart or other low-cost shoes. Right now I'm looking at hiking shoes at Shoemall.com and was wondering about what brand is best between Salamon, Merrel and Keen?
Loudin - Waiting for the rain to end.
LoudinT
Noob

Favorite Disc: Hurricane

Postby mliguori » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 am

shylshela wrote:What is the best wet cat food you can buy at wal mart? And before you give me the lecture may I just say: I live in a small town rural area, even the wal mart is is a 40 minute drive, and to get to a petco or petsmart is about 2 hours one way so I can't get there to buy food for my cat. So this is my question: what is the best kind of wet cat food you can buy at wal mart?

A) Meow mix?
B) Which lecture are you fearing exactly? The anti-walmart one or the one about posting questions about cat food on a disc golf website?
C) How the heck did you find this site and this post to ask this question?
D) Thank you for spicing up this little corner of the site with a topic a dare say no ones brought up before.
mliguori
Noob

Favorite Disc: Crosshair

Postby optima » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 pm

How come Walmart sells a Sidekick 2008 for less and T-Mobile sells it for more? Walmart sells a sidekick 2008 for 68.88 for a 2 year contract While T-Mobile sells it for 149.99 for a 2 year contract. I am planning to buy the phone next weekend. I wanted to know if they skip features at Walmart or Is the phone fake?

Favorite Disc: GSGSAG

Postby LumberJack » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 pm

You have to sign a contract for shoes? Abort Abort!
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear