Question about a correct push off with back foot

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Question about a correct push off with back foot

Postby weedjj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:25 am

Hey all,

I was in the body gear forum researching new shoes when I read a thread that got me thinking. I have worn out my old merrils by wearing a hole on the right side of my left shoe beside my big toe. I throw RHBH and I always thought that was just where my foot pivots and didnt give much thought about it. However, when I look at other peoples shoes, I seldom see wear in the same place and it sounded from one guy talking about the other foot throwing sidearm that I may have a case of toe drag. Is this more the case, or is this a normal place to wear out a shoe? If I am not getting a correct push off, what can I do to fix it? I just dont want to go drop some money on a nice pair of shoes again if I am going to blow them out on the side of the toe again. Thanks!
weedjj
Noob

Favorite Disc: River

Re: Question about a correct push off with back foot

Postby Wyno » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:53 am

The hole is probably from dragging your foot, that's pretty normal, but may be a sign of not getting your weight forward properly. if you kick off with the side of your toe, something is wrong :-) try kicking your foot up like Beto in the right pec drill video.
Mark Ellis wrote:Most sins can be erased with a blunt edged disc.

Main Bag: Z Surge SS, Z Pred, N Volt, E Vector, N Axis, P Ion, P Anode. Touch bag: XLs, Comets, Rattlers
Wyno
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Re: Question about a correct push off with back foot

Postby pg043 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:32 pm

I think a lot of people unconsciously drag their back foot after the hit to give themselves a little balance
PDGA #36459 | Destroyer | Xcaliber | Leopard | Teebird | Banshee |Drone | Buzzz | Wizard
pg043
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Return to Technique