P2 putter - Psycho

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

P2 putter - Psycho

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 pm

This thing has been getting a lot of play from me lately. I am throwing the D plastic off the tee and putting with it. My local shop has the S plastic as well and I'm going to pick that up this week. Any differences between colors in either plastic? Any praise you want to throw out?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Re: P2 putter - Psycho

Postby Amateur » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:33 pm

The Avair has been a successful putter for years. Props for that.
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Amateur wrote:The Avair has been a successful putter for years. Props for that.
1. Aviar. 2. What has this got to do with the P2?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Right...I thought P2 was the aviar X top which makes it more stable than the classic
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Amateur » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:47 pm

1. I'm soorey my speleing eror was bought to lite. ION is much eaiser to spel.

2. I thought the P2 mold was just an amalgamation of the Aviar, which has been a successful putter for years. Why wouldn't it's son be great. It's not revolutionary, but it can't be much better that an Avair.
Amateur

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:Right...I thought P2 was the aviar X top which makes it more stable than the classic
Seems like it. A beadless big bead, so to speak. There was a theory at one point that it was a regular Aviar but with an added spacer, but I think that has been debunked.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Triflusal » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:05 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Tossin' in Memphis wrote:Right...I thought P2 was the aviar X top which makes it more stable than the classic
Seems like it. A beadless big bead, so to speak. There was a theory at one point that it was a regular Aviar but with an added spacer, but I think that has been debunked.

any profile pictures of it compared to a regular beadless aviar? I thought it was a beadless one with a spacer, but im not sure either
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Amateur wrote:1. I'm soorey my speleing eror was bought to lite. ION is much eaiser to spel.
I'm touchy about that particular one right now. I just spent 5 minutes on DGCR...
Amateur wrote:2. I thought the P2 mold was just an amalgamation of the Aviar, which has been a successful putter for years. Why wouldn't it's son be great. It's not revolutionary, but it can't be much better that an Avair.
Oh, I see, carry on. And FWIW, I do like it better than other incarnations of Aviar. It's almost as HSS as a proper BB, but finishes straighter, and there isn't a bead. It does desperately need a stiffer P-Line version (which have been done but not released)...
Triflusal wrote:any profile pictures of it compared to a regular beadless aviar? I thought it was a beadless one with a spacer, but im not sure either
Best I can manage at the moment, my proper camera is starving for electricity. P2 on the left, P1 (regular Aviar) on the right. The P2 has a noticeably blunter rim.

EDIT: Don't know why I wrote bulkier when I meant blunter... I blame lack of sleep.
Last edited by jubuttib on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Triflusal » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

it looks like the top and bottom mold pieces are a little blunter than the regular one. maybe it is the X top...
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby Amateur » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Interesting. I may have to try it. I like the beaded flight of putters but really don't care for the bead feel in my hand. I have resorted to Challengers which have the smooth bead feel. I also like the flat/clovered top. I've been auditioning putters for a couple months now, but I always skipped Discmania. I always thought the P1 was an Aviar and the P2 was a small bead Aviar (Omega).

How's the dome on these P2's? They look a bit domey.

*edit: I can only buy them online, so I be weary. Plus I've spent like $200 on putters in the past 2 months and have liked 2.
Amateur

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:47 pm

That's probably not dome you see in the pictures, but the result of a macro shot. Mine were flat.

Great putter! I would have kept mine if they released a stiffer plastic. The D line holds up well, but gets a little soft for my liking. The S line is a bit slick for me, so I didn't realy like it...and I sure did try to like it, because I kept it in my bag for a few months.

Until a stiffer blend of the P line is released (think stiff, tacky KC Pro), I'll be using a different putter. Maybe in the cold winter months the D line will make it's way back into my bag...
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:That's probably not dome you see in the pictures, but the result of a macro shot. Mine were flat.
Well, partly macro, but mostly it's just that the shoulder slopes a long way (like Aviars do). You're right that there isn't any actual dome to speak of.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby himynameismatt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Great putter. It would probably be my main putter if it wasn't so damn soft. Mine were getting chewed up by the baskets which is good enough reason to drop them imo.

The S-Line Variety was much too slick for anything but off the tee and long approaches. However if they came of with a stiff p2 I'd be all over that.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Loop » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:59 am

himynameismatt wrote:Great putter. It would probably be my main putter if it wasn't so damn soft. Mine were getting chewed up by the baskets which is good enough reason to drop them imo.

The S-Line Variety was much too slick for anything but off the tee and long approaches. However if they came of with a stiff p2 I'd be all over that.

Wait? what? huh? where?
What is this strange patch of soft Psychoes you speak of? All we have here are these crazy hard ones! :shock:
Hell I throw one with my dog, and the plate of it has been punctured multiple times by Dobermann fangs, yet its still stiff as a brick and flies like one too, no understability whatsoever.

Compared to the first run, or the 2nd run, these new Psychoes are HARD! And take eons to beat into straight fliers...Which is why I love my old First Runs. :)

I throw pretty much every shot under 250ft with them P2s. First Runs for straightness / putting, beat 2nd run for turn-overs / annies and Psychoes for high headwind / hyzers.

Love this disc, definitely the cornerstone of my bag of tricks.
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby JR » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:42 am

Loop wrote:
himynameismatt wrote:Great putter. It would probably be my main putter if it wasn't so damn soft. Mine were getting chewed up by the baskets which is good enough reason to drop them imo.

Wait? what? huh? where?
What is this strange patch of soft Psychoes you speak of? All we have here are these crazy hard ones! :shock:
Hell I throw one with my dog, and the plate of it has been punctured multiple times by Dobermann fangs, yet its still stiff as a brick and flies like one too, no understability whatsoever.

Compared to the first run, or the 2nd run, these new Psychoes are HARD! And take eons to beat into straight fliers...Which is why I love my old First Runs. :)

I throw pretty much every shot under 250ft with them P2s. First Runs for straightness / putting, beat 2nd run for turn-overs / annies and Psychoes for high headwind / hyzers.

Love this disc, definitely the cornerstone of my bag of tricks.

Whatwhatwhat?????? Why haven't i heard of this before? Holy erection!

Hey guys i can't grip hard slick plastic either. Consistently and especially in cold conditions. That is why i use bees wax.

P2 does not have a dome it is flat topped. S-line fades a little more than D in the earlier versions but the S is soft in the flight plate. Rim is stiff enough for durability.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Next

Return to Equipment