DGR clinic/lesson in Dallas, TX

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DGR clinic/lesson in Dallas, TX

Postby Blake_T » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:28 am

so i might be heading to Dallas sometime in april or may to do some clinics/lessons for a weekend.

in order to fund the trip because i'm poor and it isn't worth $300 to brad to learn how to putt, the idea is to have 10-12 people attend for a clinic of me doing my spiel and then a large block of time set aside for personal attention for any technique people have questions on (driving, approaching, putting, specific shots, etc.). it would happen on either the saturday or sunday of that weekend or possibly both days. the other option would be lessons on one day and then a casual round the other day to cover things like course management, shot selection, etc.

would be looking at ~$30 a person to cover travel expenses and food. if anyone has spare frequent flyer miles to burn, that would be a plus and count as payment.

the exact date will not be known until i get a feel for if this would work for people and/or if there are people interested.

a couch/floor to crash on is possibly available for people who would be coming in from out of town.

pm me if you would be interested in this.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Donkeypuncher » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:26 am

I would definitely throw down $30 for a clinic in dallas, and I might have a few friends that would do it also. Might be a good idea to post a sign at local courses to see if there is any interest.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 am

I would probably be willing to make the trip.
its a 6 hour trip, but I could plan that out and make it happen. :)
Not a definate yes, but if given enough time ahead, I can definately work it out to be there.

You might wanna contact Brian Mace of Maceman. He's running along I-10 right now doing his Maceman Doubles Pro/Am tournament series on his way to Bowling Green I beleive. He's from the Dallas area if Im not mistaken. He can probably get the word out a little if you're lookin to reach some more ppl. He also throws some pretty big tournaments around there. I can message him to see if he can help in any way if you'd like.
:)
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Jones » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 am

I would be up for it, the best time for me would be from May or anytime after that. Preferably the summertime but it gets hot here in Texas then :/.
-
These new discs are dumb...
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby RustyP » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:52 pm

I'll throw in my $30!

I promise we'll show you a good time in the Lone Star State ;)
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Jerry R » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Sorry for the threadjack - when does the DGR tour come to Portland? :)
Jerry R
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Q Sentinel

Postby some call me...tim? » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Yeah, or Seattle even. C'mon Blake, you KNOW you want that Cajun Chicken Club...I'll even buy one for you if you can help me break 400'. :lol: (I'm only partially kidding, BTW...or maybe not at all)
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:13 pm

Seriously, I wish I lived in Texas.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby scoot_er » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:27 pm

I'll make the Trip just to Phuck with ya Blake.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:38 pm

i was in portland/seattle in march '06.

please PM me if you would be attending the april/may thing if the dates work for you so i can confirm a headcount to see if it is feasible. faster it gets done = better prices on plane tickets.
Blake_T

Postby matchu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:47 am

any excuse to get out of town works for me.
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Blake_T wrote:i was in portland/seattle in march '06.

please PM me if you would be attending the april/may thing if the dates work for you so i can confirm a headcount to see if it is feasible. faster it gets done = better prices on plane tickets.

Dude, that was like, a YEAR ago. Surely you've got to be getting hungry again. And besides, you know there's way better times to see the PNW than March. :D

Anyway, just as a tip for Blake and any others that are looking at flying, I've found this site to be helpful http://www.farecast.com/. They basically try to predict what the pricing trends are for airfare and advise you if you should buy now or wait. Also, i've found http://www.kayak.com/ to be the best site as far as actually buying tickets.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby deaddisc » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:02 pm

First off, I wish I lived anywhere near TX to take part in this. Alas I will have to wait till you come up to the northeast, or until I leave this wonderful state. Anyways there is a guy named Norm Fitzgerald that just moved back to RI from NC and seems to be a pretty good guy in the NEFA world. He just started a Disc Golf specific travel organization so I figured Id give it a plug too. I dont know him at all, so dont think it is something like that. I just thought that it may be another possible outlet for people to find good deals that are specifically geared towards DGers, here's the link.

http://www.discgolftraveler.org

Sorry for the threaddrift, but it seeme to go along with what Tim was talking about.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:47 pm

i have received 2 pm's so far, neither of which had absolute certainty.
Blake_T

Postby mothrows » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:31 pm

If you want to drive instead of fly, I would gladly pay $50 bucks for a session and set you up with a place to stay and meals in Kansas.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Next

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements