P2 putter - Psycho

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: P2 putter - Psycho

Postby jubuttib » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 am

You're saying the current Psychos are stiff? Nice!
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby himynameismatt » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 pm

There are stiff P2's? All the ones I have are very close to R-Pro, all the other ones I've felt or seen was very close to R-Pro. If it was just a lil more DX Aviar or stiff KC Pro. But it isn't so I went back to my soft wizards.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Hoey » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:48 pm

I love this putter so much... it's got the stability I need, without a bead, which fits my game better, personally speaking.

The S-Line though is a bit more stable, and I tried to like it, but it was just a bit too much. So I bought a stack and keep cycling "driver P2s" in and out, while keeping my pretty beat first runs as putters only. They hold up pretty well... I guess that's because I don't hit too many trees :roll:

And after reading this thread, I've noticed that the newer ones we've received here at MSt have gravitated towards the stiffer side, but are still pretty flexy imo... it is possible we're missing out on stiff ones... I'm not sure.

I also still send my monthly notice to discmania's facebook page for PP2's...
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby Loop » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:15 pm

himynameismatt wrote:There are stiff P2's? All the ones I have are very close to R-Pro, all the other ones I've felt or seen was very close to R-Pro. If it was just a lil more DX Aviar or stiff KC Pro. But it isn't so I went back to my soft wizards.

I would love me some more of those r-pro types, kinda like the good First Runs. The current Psychoes are indeed stiff, tho I wouldnt compare them to KC-pro, I still say theyre pretty damn hard. KC-Pro P2 would be da shizniz tho!! :shock:

Luckily I got a lil batch of softer Psychoes, with super grippy plastic. They beat in pretty nicely, and wont get slippery when wet, nor in Moon Valley conditions (ton of sand). :)

Damn you people, you made me dream of a KC-Pro P2 now! :D
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby jubuttib » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Loop wrote:I would love me some more of those r-pro types, kinda like the good First Runs.
What the? The good and only FR D-P2s I remember were stiffer than regular DX and had a sort of waxy, matte finish and feel to them. But they were sort of R-Pro like in that when flexed they felt more springy, guess you could call it rubbery instead of plasticky.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:23 am

Mine are very rubbery and soft. I used them strictly as a putting putter for two weeks or so before the basket wear and floppiness were just too much.
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Postby Loop » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 am

jubuttib wrote:
Loop wrote:I would love me some more of those r-pro types, kinda like the good First Runs.
What the? The good and only FR D-P2s I remember were stiffer than regular DX and had a sort of waxy, matte finish and feel to them. But they were sort of R-Pro like in that when flexed they felt more springy, guess you could call it rubbery instead of plasticky.

There were a ton of different FRs. Some were really flexy and grippy, some were really hard and slippery, and some were in between those types. Ok maybe R-Pro is indeed softer, but compared to i.e. previous R-Pro Rocs, the plastic was pretty similar. My main putter is pretty soft, with a caved in top and that matte finish that gives it a really nice grip. Most of my FRs are like that, some are gummier and some a bit plastickier. But I do have one 177g, hard as a porslin plate, white one too. Naturally I dont use it tho, since its overweight and all.
Loop
Tree Magnet

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Should mention mine r-pro like ones are red and the plastic feels like a red r-pro dart.
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:52 pm

By the way Loop, what sort of R-Pro were you referring to?
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Loop » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

Im not sure what the current R-Pro Rocs are like, if I remember correctly theyre a bit slickier these days...
But the RP Rocs from last year were kinda like my main putters.

So in short, R-Pro Roc, from a year ago, like plastic. :)
Loop
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 am

Makes more sense now. I thought you meant the floppy R-Pro used in R-Pro Aviars/P-P1s etc.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Booter » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 am

so im liking the p2s now,for how long i dont know :) i tried the s line before but gave up on it quickly.i regret not tossing the d lines at the time so now i am and i like them. not too soft and not stiff but i would love to see a p line p2. so far these have been working good in these "colder" rounds when my thumb tends to slip off premium putters .

how is everyone else liking them? an insight to p lines coming?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Joz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:40 am

I like my P2s. I go back and forth to Ions, but for now they're in my bag. I putt with the older d-line P2s (non-psycho stamp), and I have one that is beat to hell that has become my main putter. I like the s-line for short drives or FH shots.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Booter » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:41 am

Whats the diff between old p2s and new p2s in d line?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Joz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 am

Booter wrote:Whats the diff between old p2s and new p2s in d line?

Compared to my psycho-stamped ones, mine are a little stiffer. The old ones I have are a hunter orange.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment