Critique my driving please

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Critique my driving please

Postby bschook5 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks!

Ive been playing about 6 months now, longest driver I use is PD's in various plastics. I am usually pretty accurate but would like to add some distance to my drives.

Can throw PD's 350-375
Buzzz 300-325
Ion 250-275

bschook5
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Critique my driving please

Postby DsmDisc » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Firstly, you are doing a lot right. Keep working at it. The main thing I notice is it looks like your strong arming. Your pull-through is a consistent speed, you're not getting much acceleration coming into the hit. You seem to be missing the elusive 'shoulder pause.' The shoulders should stop rotation momentarily when the disc gets to the chest area, causing the arm to whip out. If you're able to incorporate that pause, it should help eliminate the strong arm issue.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Postby JR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Your torso is along for a ride only when you don't twist the hips and turn the shoulders back left in the reach back and to the right just before the hit. The closer the disc is to the chest and the farther out the elbow toward the target before the chop the better. Except you absolutely must prevent straightening the shoulder to elbow line fully to prevent the chance of an injury and certain pain.

If your left leg is up in the air when the disc leaves it robs power unless it is kicked to the right side of the right leg.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bschook5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Been doing the Right Pec drills and Hammer drills and just trying/working on different things for a week now. I think my throws look alot better now but still needs alot of work. Here are some updated videos from this morning, all discs used were Buzzz's. Dont really think im getting any or much snap on them right now but ive been throwing consistently about 25ft further.

bschook5
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 am

My previous replies still apply. I'd kick the left leg harder to front right. The elbow could move a few inches more forward prior to the elbow chop. If you accelerate the elbow motion faster toward the target the elbow will be in a better position and you'll get a more powerful snap. You could add speed to every motion. As control approach shots go this is ok form. Except the annies from planting the final step too far to the left on a couple of throws. There was a difference between throws in there.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby LumberJack » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Looks good. Maybe be a lil more patient with your upper body and be lighter on your feet. Try getting up on the balls of your feet more.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Bradley Walker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:14 am

Exactly applies to the video I just posted.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 am

May I use your video for my Facebook page?
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby bschook5 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Just now saw your post Bradley, yeah you can use my video if you want. Im gonna go out tomorrow and work on your drill, thanks for posting it.
bschook5
Noob

Return to Video Critique