Nose up. Arggh

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Nose up. Arggh

Postby SouthernGolf » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm

I was talking to some buddies that throw real long about their grip and they all said to put the thumb out on the flight plate. Wayy out on the flight plate. I gtabbe a disc to check it out and without a doubt it felt very awkward.

I did notice that it was comfortable to have maybe half an inch off the rim and my distance actually increased. But so did the height of the flight path. For about half the round I couldn't figure out why it was happening, then I remember the thumb on the rim helped with the nose down.

I'm wondering about suggestions for being able to keep my thumb off the rim bit still get a nose down release
SouthernGolf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega SS P&A

Re: Nose up. Arggh

Postby keltik » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

I generally put my thumb on the "crease". it's the part where the inner rim meets the flight plate. you should probably read the threads stickied at the top of this section to learn the rest of the throw.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: Nose up. Arggh

Postby Itchy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 pm

I put my thumb so that it and my index finger pinches the disc through the flightplate. I put the rim of the disc in the seam of my hand and cock my wrist all the way down and keep it all the way down throughout my entire throw.

Getcha Read On!
http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml#nosedown
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Return to Technique