New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 am

The drink holders easily accommodated European 1.5L bottles, so you should be OK for beer bottles.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby goodwin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Cool, thanks for the info. Seems like it would handle beer duties ok, I have a Revo now and usually carry 3 ipa's in one side pocket with the option for one more in the other pocket with everything else already in there. It would be nice to have some smaller pockets to seperate phone, keys, etc.. instead of shoving everything in one open pocket like I have to do with the revo. My buddy has the Mahal but it just seems like a lot of bag for my needs. He also has to loosen one strap every time he takes the bag off which seems annoying to me. On shorter holes or courses I hardly even use both straps as it's more work to constantly be taking it off & on in such a short amount of time. For anyone with the new Grip please keep us up to date on how it's holding up to wear & tear.
goodwin
Noob

Favorite Disc: 4x jk aviar

Postby what'shisname » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:16 pm

So I loaded this thing up tonight to see what it could hold.

And the contents...

1 PD2
2 Flows
5 PD's
2 TD's
1 Vision
2 Fuses
1 Core
2 Pains
1 Zone
2 Ions
1 Voodoo

And the rest...

A 40 oz Kleen Kanteen, 3 towels, L hoodie, k-way, mini, bug spray, sunglasses, pencils, sharpies, nail clippers, keys and a wallet. I'd have had my phone in there too, but I took the pictures with it. I could have also had my other water bottle in there if I wasn't too lazy to go to the car.

I wouldn't normally carry all of that around but it's going to be nice to have the room in there as the winter comes. Even fully loaded the bag rides nice and feels light compared to my revo team bag. The inside pockets, especially the pocket behind the grip logo on the front are great.

We'll see how it holds up, but I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with it so far.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Deebo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 am

Any more info on the second runs? On the waiting list and wondering about the investment...
Deebo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 am

Been working and holding up great, nothing to complain at all at this point.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Timko » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:29 am

Yeah, I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, and it's solid. The inside stretched out a bit more, and can hold another driver comfortably.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby zenn0913 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:51 pm

J said I should have a chance to buy mine this week. I CANT WAIT!

Sent from my SGS-t959 using Tapatalk
zenn0913
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 am

I was just wondering how the new runs of these bags are holding up for everyone. I just got word that I'm up to purchase one (been on waiting list) and was trying to get some feedback from here before I pull the trigger. Thanks.
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby dstearns5 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:54 am

Mixed Bag Madness wrote:I was just wondering how the new runs of these bags are holding up for everyone. I just got word that I'm up to purchase one (been on waiting list) and was trying to get some feedback from here before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

I have had mine since July, I think, and zero problems.
dstearns5
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE TL

Re: Re: New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Postby zenn0913 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Mixed Bag Madness wrote:I was just wondering how the new runs of these bags are holding up for everyone. I just got word that I'm up to purchase one (been on waiting list) and was trying to get some feedback from here before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

I got my two tone a few weeks ago and have been using it for every round. Honestly I love this bag. I fits and rides so well that I've been able to play 36 holes several time with much less fatigue and back pain. The back pain alone was worth it for me. I had been using a revolution pro bag with gel straps before and I would be sore 2/3 of the way through a round before and guaranteed the next day.

I'm considering getting some Phoenix quad shocks for next summer on really hot days. Otherwise I plan to use my grip through winter as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
zenn0913
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby uNicedmeMan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:04 pm

dstearns5 wrote:

I have had mine since July, I think, and zero problems.

x2. Love the bag.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby zj1002 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:09 pm

I rocked my 2nd run for about a month. The only thing wrong with the bag was the amount of dirt on it. It is the best backpack on the market(the 2nd run), but it just wasn't my style in the long run. the durability is not an issue anymore. I switched because I prefer a classic disc golf bag(open top) and would rather save up for a Golf Mahal that can give me backpack support and the more open top
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Semi-necro bump. Just saw that the signature Nate and Val bags are $300 a piece and the special colors are $260. Wow. Are these bags still holding up for everyone? It's hard for me to get away from my 4 year old revo carolina bag that's still in beautiful condition. So what's the consensus amongst all the GripEQ people these days?
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby Star Shark » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 am

Only had mine for about 2 months. It's solid thus far.

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby chainbanger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:45 am

I am just curious if anyone is having issues with their second run where it is starting to Frey where the straps meet the actual bag? Other than that mine is great. I think I have about 25 rounds on the bag so far
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment