Girlfriends bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Girlfriends bag

Postby money 21 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 pm

i just ordered a couple x surges ( by accident wasn't looking at my order right). they are 150 class and my wife is cushing them.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby ashley » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Sounds like she is driving it about as far as I am. My main go to drivers are a 166 Leopard, 163 Teebird and a 163 Valkyrie. I also have a 162 Orc, but it is more of a wind disc and hyzer disc. Also, I am at 4400 ft elevation, so when I was playing at 700 feet, I had the best success by stepping them all up about 4 grams. For anhyzers I prefer a roadrunner 169. My favorite mid range is a max Cobra, that baby glides forever. I also LOVE my rhyno for long approach shots.
ashley
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: valkyrie

Postby JHern » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm

My wife throws Gazelles and Cyclones really really well. I've seen her sink shots up to 200' on a number of occasions. She has an 11X KC Pro Gazelle and a high-dome ESP Cyclone (both around 160).

She also throws my thrashed 175 Star Valkyrie wonderfully as a driver. She won CTP at DeLa on hole 27 (top of the world) with that disc, chained out of the basket (near ace!). She also carries a Star Roadrunner, but she hasn't really shone with that disc yet.

For putters, we both use Wizards.

Note that ladies usually prefer to carry smaller bags with fewer discs.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby money 21 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Note that ladies usually prefer to carry smaller bags with fewer discs.[/quote]
my wife has a fade crunch box and carries a 150 champ valk, 150 x surge, 154 maximizer, 128 classic roc, 166 cham avair and 175 birdie. plus she can put her wallet cell phone and water bottle in the bag. most of the time i think the bag is a purse she puts a couple discs in, but she loves it.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JHern » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:30 pm

money 21 wrote:
Note that ladies usually prefer to carry smaller bags with fewer discs.

my wife has a fade crunch box and carries a 150 champ valk, 150 x surge, 154 maximizer, 128 classic roc, 166 cham avair and 175 birdie. plus she can put her wallet cell phone and water bottle in the bag. most of the time i think the bag is a purse she puts a couple discs in, but she loves it.

My wife has a small tough vinyl bag she got at a conference. It is large-purse sized. She carries about 7 discs (Medium Wizard, SuperSoft Wizard, Gazelle, Cyclone, Roadrunner, Valkyrie, Starfire), a towel, a metal drink bottle, and then there is a zipper pocket for her most important stuff (wallet, phone, keys). Its perfect, I've really looked for better bags for her, but I haven't found one yet (except for a large vintage hippie leather purse at a used shop...they wanted way too much for it).

So yeah, ladies love to carry bags that are similar to purses in size and character. Its comfortable and natural feeling for them, and is never a bother unless they try to pack too many discs.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby mickas » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:07 am

My girlfriend has been rocking a fade crunch I got her and she has increased her distance to about 310-320 feet, she still throws tons of cheetahs (carries like 6 in the bag) and 1 dx valk, 1 champ valk (overstable), 1 star teebird (straight to left), and that's pretty much her bag, she has 1 fuse and some magics in there also but they don't see much sunlight except for upshots/putting. She is roughly 850-870 rated (we'll see after the update).
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby Hyzerline49 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:04 pm

and she completely tore it up at the MCO! way to go Mal... you too sam, awesome shootin!
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:51 am

mickas wrote:I've often pondered the idea of dropping the weights on her discs also but she doesn't like the lighter ones, she really prefers the predictability and she seems to grip lock a lot more with lighter discs. I'll give it another try and see if we can make some progress, again I'm appreciating the feedback guys!
"Grip lock" is a good thing. Like Blake said in an earlier thread it usually means you're finally gripping like you should. After that you do need to readjust your timing, but it's worth it.

Other than that the bag looks pretty nice and workable. I agree with the Banshee notion, it probably works better than the Firebird at sub 300' ranges. And if I were to suggest a disc, a GL River might be worth a look at some point.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby mickas » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 am

she's actually been getting enough stability to handle any wind out of a teebird she's been throwing lately. Great shooting to you too ben, great first adv win!
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby Hyzerline49 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 am

mickas wrote:she's actually been getting enough stability to handle any wind out of a teebird she's been throwing lately. Great shooting to you too ben, great first adv win!

thanks sam! teebirds have been a good addition to both mal's bag and mine also!
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby ashley » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:26 pm

mickas wrote:she's actually been getting enough stability to handle any wind out of a teebird she's been throwing lately. Great shooting to you too ben, great first adv win!

Sounds like she is playing well. I have a friend that loves to throw cheetahs as well. She loves the shark for approaches. I prefer a Cobra for the approach. Has she thrown a leopard yet? It took a while to get one in my bag, but I love it.

Also, I know the 150's take some getting used to, but I can get far more distance out of my 150 Valk than any other disc. If I am looking for straighter, I throw a 163 Valk.
ashley
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: valkyrie

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion