Small Innova bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Small Innova bag

Postby jubuttib » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:34 pm

So, the Ace Race is coming up and with it I'll be getting a Discraft Weekender bag. Supposedly it'll hold 6-8 discs so I'm finally making a second bag, straight up Innova and mostly slow. Here's what I have in mind:

Putter:
Either a DX or R-Pro Aviar (in the form of a D-P1 or a P-P1)

Mid:
Champion Coyote (the Roc doesn't really agree with my grip and I can power down on my fairways when I need more overstability. I really like my old Coyote, it got me my first ace.)

Drivers:
Pro Leopard
Champ TeeBird
E* TeeBird
Star Eagle-X
Champ Eagle-L (this would probably go out if I want to work my old Champ Beast)
Champ Banshee

Any obvious holes? Will it actually fit the bag (I figure it might since I only have 1 putter and 1 mid)? Ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Small Innova bag

Postby jubuttib » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 am

No one is saying anything, so I guess that means the bag should be pretty solid? =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby biodarwin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 am

Your making a smaller bag for a shorter course, do you really need both the eagles and the teebirds? I also have a small bag used for ace runs etc... However I have more mids and putters and way less fairway drivers. Maybe our ace race like courses are shorter than yours?
Orc | Valkyrie | Teebird | Leopard | Buzz | Aviar
Buy/Sell/Trade??? http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16798&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
biodarwin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc,Leopard,Teebird

Postby MDP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 am

Have you thrown any of the new Roc+? The plus grip might be more agreeable for you. They're not supposed to be terrible. Might be nice to have for shots you want to finish more left than the Coyote, and for headwinds.

Drivers look like there's some overlap, but it's fairly even across the stability spectrum so there isn't one that especially stands out. Was this intended?
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 pm

biodarwin wrote:Your making a smaller bag for a shorter course, do you really need both the eagles and the teebirds? I also have a small bag used for ace runs etc... However I have more mids and putters and way less fairway drivers. Maybe our ace race like courses are shorter than yours?
No no no, you got me wrong: The point is that I'm getting a new smaller bag from the Ace Race, so now I'm thinking of stuff to fill it with later. I've been wanting an all Innova bag for a long time, ever since going almost all Discmania last year (for the record I also want an all Discraft bag, all Latitude bag etc.)
MDP wrote:Have you thrown any of the new Roc+? The plus grip might be more agreeable for you. They're not supposed to be terrible. Might be nice to have for shots you want to finish more left than the Coyote, and for headwinds.

Drivers look like there's some overlap, but it's fairly even across the stability spectrum so there isn't one that especially stands out. Was this intended?
I have tried the Roc+ in R-Pro and to be honest the grip wasn't any better or worse. I actually should have written "the Roc didn't agree with my grip", I really disliked them before and had problems throwing them, but I've tried them out a couple of times this year and they weren't that bad. I could get used to them if need be. If I put it in I'd probably drop the E* TB and beat it in on the practice field, or I'd lose the Champ TB until the E* got seasoned and showed it's true character.

Three of the drivers are older ones that I've actually had in my bag at some point, namely the Leopard, the Beast and the Champ TeeBird, the others are almost brand new ones that I got for testing purposes. My rationale goes like this: The Leopard gets it's spot by being way more understable than the other ones. The Eagle-L is longer than the TeeBirds or the SEX, and it'll eventually beat in to replace the Leopard (hopefully) which, being Pro, has a limited life span. The Champ TeeBird is arrow straight, 0 HSS and at most 0.5 LSS, and I love it for straight shots, but it can't do anything else. The Star Eagle-X is a complement for the TeeBird, it has some turn and a hefty fade, can shape lines better than the TeeBird, but it simply can't fly anywhere near as straight as the Champ TeeBird. If I want to take the Beast out for a walk it'd replace the ChEL as a max D disc. The Banshee is a Banshee, it takes care of wind and utility duties. The only odd one out that doesn't have a specific role is the E* TeeBird. It doesn't turn like the SEX and has similar fade, maybe a touch less. At this point I'm mainly interested in seeing how it'll beat in. It has a huge dome so if it beats to straight like the Champ it'd be excellent.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion