WTTOS: guitars

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

WTTOS: guitars

Postby swel304 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 am

Carvin DC727 (seven string) neckthrough, stringthrough, swamp ash body, 5 piece maple/koa neck, ebony fret board, abalone dot inlays, sprezel locking tuners, strap locks, clear finish, tongue oiled neck, high end tweed hardshell case. I replaced the pickups with a dimarzio blaze 7 at the bridge and an air norton 7 at neck. The guitar is set up with controls that give you 32 possible pickup combos. When i rewired it I used one of the coil tap switches as a kill switch and just the 3 way for selection. It can be returned to coil taps if you are a sound tweak addict and I also have the stock pups (c7's I think they are called) If you are interested in them. I have owned two DC727's and I don't think there is a higher quality seven string to be found for less than 2500$. That is more than double what this guitar cost custom made and brand new from carvin. I don't have it in my hand this minute but I believe it hast 2 or 3 little dings on the back and one by the knobs, all of which are almost completely invisible from a foot away because of the awesome wood grain patterns. The only real cosmetic/functional flaw is that the saddles are getting rusty and a few of the height adjustment hex screws are frozen inside them. it's still playable and that is fairly easy to fix or get replacements for. being swamp ash it is SUPER light, and when you pick up the case it feels like there is no guitar in it. Great axe, I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it anymore.

ESP LTD AX-2E (six string) neckthrough, stringthrough, mahogany body, walnut top (headstock too), 5 piece neck (maple/mahog? never could locate that spec), ebony fretboard with (likely synthetic) abalone dots, all the hardware is black nickel plated but the plating is starting to wear off on top of the bridge where the picking hand wrests for palm mutes, esp stock pickups (supposedly passives modeled after the emg 81/85, black covers that just say ESP), fitted esp hardshell case. Nice dark, ballsy tone. plays well, I just cant get myself to use it regularly because of its weight (similar to a mahogany les paul weight). I have duncan live wires in it now but I am taking them out. I can replace the stock pickups or just leave it empty so its ready for your own (recommended). there is one small ding on the inside of the lower horn, but again barely noticeable because of the wood grain.

I will take cash offers on these but what I really want is to trade them for something more compareable to my 20 year old rrv that really needs a rest. I would trade one or both for a high end jackson/charvel or one of them for a mid level jackson/charvel. Paint isnt really an issue, but i wont pay top dollar for something I have to repaint. Ideally I would like the pro/pro rrv that is white with black bevels and maple fretboard with black inlays, but ill be suprised if I even get one response for trade so... i can dream lol
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Re: WTTOS: guitars

Postby swel304 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:11 am

Here is a pic of the carvin. I don't remember why I took it off but I do have the other knob. I also have the two saddles that aren't in the pic. I took them off to try to clean them up.

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DsmDisc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 pm

I would give my life for that guitar. I have always, ALWAYS wanted a Carvin 7-string. You are my hero for even owning it. Sadly, my cash is too short to take it off your hands.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Postby swel304 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm

ive actually had 2 dc727's. the other was mahogany with transparent blueburst over a quilt top, floyd, ect.. really awesome guitar but just wasnt getting the use it deserved (just like this one).

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Garage Sale