Fanter's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fanter's Bag

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 am

I love my silverback. Looks like you have a lot of the same discs in yours too. If you QMS doesn't straighten out then try one of the gummy ones. I think they are straighter out of the box.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby fanter » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:10 am

Steve wrote:I love my silverback. Looks like you have a lot of the same discs in yours too. If you QMS doesn't straighten out then try one of the gummy ones. I think they are straighter out of the box.

I'm sure it will straighten out. I've only played a couple rounds with it but I really like how it grips. Where could I get my hands on a gummy one?
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Steve » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 pm

fanter wrote:
Steve wrote:I love my silverback. Looks like you have a lot of the same discs in yours too. If you QMS doesn't straighten out then try one of the gummy ones. I think they are straighter out of the box.

I'm sure it will straighten out. I've only played a couple rounds with it but I really like how it grips. Where could I get my hands on a gummy one?

They are getting harder to find but try Discgolfcenter. I had asked them once over the phone and they had one or two. I also saw some at walmart today. They wanted $14.76 for them. Does yours still have the sharp flashing on the bottom? If it does practice some skip shots in a parking lot with a buddy.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby fanter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 am

I'm still waiting to sell my PDGA bag since I got the Silverback, so in the meantime I decided to fill it with discs I like but don't have space for in my regular bag.

Putters:Wizard/Voodoo

Mids: Buzzz, Drone

Fairway: 2 dx Teebirds, Champ Teebird, Opto River

Distance: Opto Flow, GL Flow, SDS
fanter
Tree Magnet

Postby fanter » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Warlock
Buzzz
Eagle

Shooting some great rounds with this setup. I'm not competing much right now so I decided to break my bag down a little. I've started hitting 400' with Eagles, started experimenting with rollers and throwing the occasional thumber with Eagles. Valkyries are still great to have around but they haven't been essential, and honestly my Eagle throws aren't too much shorter than these, which worries me a little bit.

I've been wondering about working my grip strength. Does this usually lessen/eliminate early slips?
fanter
Tree Magnet

Postby fanter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Been a while. Still on the quest to achieve great snap. I've had good and bad days. Come graduation, I'm definitely going to invest some time into field work. Here's the lineup until I start hitting it hard.

1x Condor 196g (fits in the secondary putter pocket of my Silverback.)
2x Magic- 167g, 175g, I use these for putting only
2x Z Comet- 173g new, 180g worn
2x Champ Eagle L- 167g, 174g
2x- Star Eagle- 172g, very similar, but I favor one so it will beat in more
1x Champ Eagle 11x- 175

The Condor may not remain in the bag, even though I love it. There's some obvious overlap with a Comet. I may add a Roc/Sentinel, but really don't mind powering down on an Eagle to get a good fading mid shot. Because I'm cutting off at "speed 7," I've also considered adding a Teebird for lasers and more angular lines.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion