Crosseyed's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Crosseyed's Bag

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 am

Not updating this post anymore... Thought it would make it easier to pop in and see what's going on, but its just getting confusing to me :-P Check Latest post for latest setup.

Drivers:
169 Pro Leo: Beat up, understable
172 Pro Leo: Basically brand new, stable
168 DX Teebird: Beat up, straight to understable
170 DX Teebird: Newish, Moderately Overstable...
169 Champ Banshee: Headwinds FHs and Thumbers
168 Champ Roadrunner: Understable

Mids:
172 P MD2: Main mid
180 C MD2: Just picked up, plan to try out in the wind

Putter:
175 DX Aviar: Bottom Stamped, VERY Stiff, I have never found another Aviar as stiff as this one. First disc I ever bought, putting only
175 Classic Aviar: Closest I've found in feel to my Bottom Stamp, use this one for drives and upshots.

Utility Discs:
180 DX Stingray: Brand new right now, going to beat in to VERY flippy mid/fairway driver
171 DX Wedge: Brand new right now, boing to beat in to VERY flippy putter/mid
R-Pro Hydra: More confidence on some shots near/toward water. Windy day putting approaching
Pro D Rattler: As promised to Mark Ellis, just giving it some throws and learning how it works
Last edited by Crosseyed0811 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 am, edited 14 times in total.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Re: Crosseyed's got a Brand New Bag

Postby JR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 am

Crosseyed0811 wrote:Took a few months off from throwing discs (getting married and going on honeymoons and such will do that for you) and now I'm back and have started rebuilding my technique. Starting to have some break throughs and am building up a bag as we speak. I'll modify the OP here with the current bag and add comments given the actual changes I make. Feel free to comment and critique as that's why its here... Small bag at first, working my way up to bigger speeds and more discs...

Putter:
174 Grip Pure: Thanks to JR for finally making me try one of these. Its looking as if these will replace my aviars before long...
175 *Aviar Driver: Still in the bag for now until I'm sure the Pure does everything I want it to (already removed my DX Aviars)

Mids:
172 DX Roc: Beat in to hold most anny lines
178 DX Roc: Pretty much new, rather stable, hyzers and headwinds
170+ P MD2: Picking it up today and giving it a tryout. I throw a lot of lower line drive type throws naturally and hoping this fits my style a little more than the Roc.

Fairway Drivers:
168 Star Leo: Straight
169 Pro Leo: Turnovers
169 DX Teebird: Nicely beaten, my comfort disc... Working on a Champ in the same weight to hold this stability longer than I know this one will...

Distand Drivers:
166+ DX Valkyrie: Distance (hopefully). Picking it up today with the MD2, Never really given Valks much chance but I don't have much in this range and don't want to just jump to Wraiths and Destroyers from my Teebird.
169 Star FL: My overstable driver. Flicks, thumbers, and headwinds. Trying this out in place of my usual Firebirds since I don't have any flat champs right now.

I thought that you'd like the Pure. Glad that it is at least making a good first impression. Anything that kicks out a disc that is used for so many world championships must be at least an ok disc :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeah its pretty good so far, probably not gonna replace the BB though, just not stable enough
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Just updated OP with actual weights on the MD2 and Valkyrie I picked up today... We'll stick with this for a month or so if I can play a decent amount and see how things feel out.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Crosseyed0811 wrote:Yeah its pretty good so far, probably not gonna replace the BB though, just not stable enough

May have lied, its more stable than I thought, I think I had some OAT monkeying with it. Put a couple of good snaps on it today throwing both it and my Aviar Driver and both of them held pretty straight lines... Might make it just yet ;)
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 am

Not going to be as stable as a BB, but it's a great disc none the less.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 am

It won't be AS stable, but it just might be stable enough for me. The BB will hang out though until I'm SURE there...
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Edited after last round. Removed 1-5 driver categories while I work things out and sort out what's going where. Removed the DX and Champ tbirds for a more beefy star. Added heavier pro leo to start breaking it in. Added roadrunner to see how it fits in with everything else. Tossed stable roc in the lake, so added another from the stack. Also added the Hydra back because of this in place of the BB Aviar. Main 3 discs = Star Leo, MD2, Pure. They get the work, they will be the cornerstone of my bag from here on out.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 am

Switched back to my Champ Teebird, I like it better...
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Removed:
Valk - just going away for now
Pro Leo - too heavy for my tastes

Added:
DX Teebird - straight distance
Grip Pure - bought one for putting only so I can keep throwing the other as a driver/approach disc

Looking to add:
Champ Leo - The Pro Leo in the bag has a nasty gash that I have not been able to figure out how to fix. Doesn't affect the flight too much but picks up all sorts of grass and debris because in a RHBH throw the gash is against the rotation and not with the rotation if that makes sense. Love the disc but tired of that gash and the headaches it gives me so I want to break my Star into the understable slot and get a Champ to hold the more stable leo flight for a while.

Champ Banshee - think I'm gonna get one of these to replace the FL which was trying out for the Firebird slot. I know the Banshee doesn't exactly cover the Firebird slot, but I think it will do all the things I used the Firebird for (flicks, thumbers, skips) as well as be more useable as a headwind driver and spike hyzer disc in my current power range. Which my power range is currently increasing daily so I may be back up to the FB power sometime, but MAY give a Predator or something a shot at the slot when I start feeling I need something more than the Banshee.

May also wind up picking up a C MD2 and getting rid of the Rocs, the + mold seems to release better for me resulting in more accuracy and consistency.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:38 am

Swapped out the FL for my new Champ Banshee to see how it goes. Its pink, so it should fly perfect ;)
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:03 pm

So I've picked up an Axis and an Ion. Probably kicking out the Pures and MD2. Probably going to get a Vector and kick out my Roc. Also with a change I just made in my throw I'm thinking of switching to heavier drivers for more consistency and availability (its just hard to consistently find 167-169 discs). I have a 174 Star Teebird and a 172 Pro Leo. I had the 2 grip Pures and went and ordered a Zero line pure, and I was disappointed by the plastic. It was not what I was expecting at all, but the wifey may like it...

I see a lot of people talking up using a Vector, Axis, and Fuse combo. But I'm not sure I would need the Fuse myself, I've never really carried an understable mid as I forehand something when I'm wanting to go to the right. Any reason someone could give me to try out a Fuse or some other understable mid?
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Vectors are in and I like them quite a bit... Got a soft Ion and am giving it a shot though I've NEVER been a soft putter person, typically the stiffer the better for me. Might wind up putting the Pures or my old Aviars back in for putting purposes as I struggled in the wind with the Ion.

Haven't really given the heavier drivers a shot yet so the verdict is still out there.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Changed out the bag after Barry Schultz's pro clinic at the USDGC. He talked about learning to throw understable discs and its something I'm now working on doing. Probably taking my stack of Rocs out to the field to test against the MD2's and see which ones do what I need/want.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Nursing a slight knee tweak, but hoping to get out sometime after work for throwing. Been trying for a while to get my game more towards Finnesse > Power... This is probably because power is something I just don't have.. Still probably looking to go more FH than BH on drives as for me its just flat out more consistent. Yes you heard me right, I am working on my Finnesse Forehand game. These are the discs I've accumulated to test and see where I want them to be.

Drivers:
169 Champ Teebird: Straight line Drives
168 DX Eagle X: New, Hoping to learn to work it on FH stuff. Gonna Watch how it breaks in
168 DX Teebird: Slight turn, great for powering down and/or hyzer flips
169 Champ Banshee: Useable overstable for me. Headwinds and overhead stuff.
168 Z Avenger SS: New, hoping to work my understable stuff here.

Mids:
(Giving my MVP stuff a shot again)
179 Vector
179 Axis
170 DX Spider: BEST FH disc I've ever thrown that wasn't a driver. Very workable (in fact I don't think I knew what workable MEANT until I started flicking this thing) Also great for approaches BH or FH and outside the circle runs at the chains.

Putters:
171 M Ion: Driving Putter, giving it a shot again
172 Pro D Banger GT: have 2 of these, Identical color and weight, never thrown for anything but true putts.

Utility:
Still beating up a DX Stingray and DX Wedge to have some REALLY flippy discs for utility purposes.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion