the bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the bag

Postby colombo117 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:46 pm

how do premium leos and ls's compare?

They look very similar to the untrained eye, just wondering what both would serve in your bag?
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby zj1002 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:04 pm

the Q-Polaris LS is a stable(as in straight with a left finish) fairway driver. If I need a fwy driver to finish left, it gets used. These are from about 2003 so it is the late CEish stuff that is more stable. The Q-Polaris gets called a "baby teebird' by those that use it(kind of like a TB/EX mix).

The two do overlap on some lines but it has to do with how I need the disc to finish. Most of my drivers go straight 330+ before the fade starts to show up. The leopard finishes on the line I put it on and doesn't really fight back left unless I nose up a throw. To make things crazier I just added a seasoned CE-QJLS in the slot that the TD/OLS had occupied. It was like seeing an old friend again. longer than the Leo/LS and can work any line. I really like fairway drivers haha
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:23 pm

11x KC - putts only
3x JK Pro Aviar - up shots, touch shots, non-traditional putts(spin, anny, anything non-push).
DX BB x2 - one trashed, one new. both throwers
12x KC - stable thrower

QMS x2 - one beat(my #1 mid), one new. both orange, stiff, opaque. my favorite QMS run
SMS - 2006 stamp, firm/stiff blend.
Q-Sentinel x2 - one heavy/stable, one light/straight(ish).

CE Leopard - my main fairway driver. flat lazers mainly
EXP1 x2 - one new, one beat
CE QJLS - hyzer flip, anhyzers, rollers.
11x FB - gotta have one

QOLS
QOLF x2 1.1 and 1.2
E* Wraith
Star Max

so yeah Roc's aren't out of the bag forever, but at least with this current lineup. I still will keep some DX in my car for courses that need the Roc. Same with the QPLS. Both discs are still in my rotation, but haven't been thrown much. I have started to see a pattern with all these discs. I haven't really changed the core of my bag aside from a few random tests(ie Warrior). I might not carry them for every course but I definitely will always have 1-2 on hand in my trunk
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Been a while since my last post

11x KC Pro Aviar
Omega AP 1.11 - straight thrower
Omega driver - flippy thrower
12x KC Pro - stable driver

QMSx2
Q Sentinel
KC Pro Roc
DX Roc

QJLSx2 - 1 CE for hyzer flip-> turnover, 1 flat QJ for laser shots
EXP1x2 - both used. hyzer flip with fade
11x FB - mainly FH duties

QOLF 1.1
E* Wraith
1R* Xcal
Quasar
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:29 pm

lost my wraith. changed some things up and using some beat Xcals, and seeing better results.

11x KC Pro Aviar
Omega AP 1.11
12x KC Pro Aviar

QMS x2
Q Sentinel X2
DX Roc
4x Kenny Glow Roc

QJLSx2
EXP1x2
11x FB

QOLF 1.1
1R* Xcal x3 - one stable, one straight, one beat
Quasar
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:48 am

sort of having to change things up

Omega SS 1.30 x2 - putts
Omega AP 1.11 - drives
CE Qmega - drives

QMS x2
Qsentinel x2

QJLS x2
QPLS x2
EXP1 x3

QOLF 1.1
QOLF 1.2
QOLS
Quasar x2 - 171, 175

having to use the gritty omega 1.30's for now. trying to hoard some old omega ap's so that I can have a firmer putting. using the qmega for headwind putts because I learned yesterday that my omega ss will get beat down in the wind.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:18 am

Getting sponsored?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:45 pm

something like that :D
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Got some sweet APs from Booter. Putted pretty solid with them for the first time today. Left the 11x's in the dust!

1.9 Omega AP 171g - putts inside 25-30 ft
1.30 Omega SS 170g - jump putts/straddle
CE Qmega 174g - touch approach shots inside 200ft. capable of all angles(surprisingly)
Sirius Omega 175g - Hyzer approves, drives off the box

QMS x2 - 1 new, 1 beat
Q-Sentinel x2(sanny) - 1 straight, 1 new
Aurora MS - trashed utility mid

QPLS - new
EXP1 x3 - 1 new, 1 straight, 1 flippy
QJLS x2 - flat clear "QJLS" run

QOLF 1.1 - stable
SOLF 1.1 - straight flips
QOLS - longer QJLS shots
Quasar x2 - big big big BH/FH hyzers

Looking to add a Sirius MS for a mid with just slight left fade, or possibly will beat up a Sirius Sentinel(will try both honestly). The beat up Aurora MS hasn't really seen much use unless I need an out shot, and I think the flippy QMS can cover it. Will probably just have it hanging around for certain courses.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:34 pm

I always check your updates, keep 'em coming.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby zj1002 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Steve wrote:I always check your updates, keep 'em coming.

I can admit this. The switch from KC's to Omega's(of all types) was harder than I thought. Throwing the Omegas is actually cleaning up my form. I was really relying on the fade of the KC's and it apparently added some torque to my putter throws. The torque still shows up in rounds, but I am learning how to throw these omegas nice and smooth. The putting transition wasn't all that hard. I had switched to more of a pitch putt(similar to Brad Williams, but not quite Nikko because I ain't that flexible) and the stiff Omegas seem to fit well with that style.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Finally got my bag set up the way I want it.

Omega AP 1.9
Omega SS 1.30
CE Qmega
Sirius Omega

QMS x2
SMS - stable MS shots
Q Sentinel x2
Sirius Sentinel

QJLS
QPLS
EXP1 1.7 x3
QOLS x2 - 175g, 170g
SOLF 1.1
QOLF 1.1
Quasar

Added the SMS and S-Sentinel. The SMS definitely has the stability I was looking for, much more than some of my new CE-QMS. I have mentioned a few times that the MD2 = MS, well in this case the SMS flies just a tick less stable than an S-MD2. The S-Sentinel is kind of excessive right now, but I am trying to beat one up so that I don't feel a big loss in my bag if I loss a beat up Sanny QSent. Added a lighter QOLS to give me a more workable OLS. The 175 still gets some nice fade coming out of a flip, so I needed something that will hold the turn all the way to ground. It is also one of the pearly QOLS, which are my favorites because the plastic is a bit firmer. I have felt some really gummy QOLS that are flippy even when new. Dropped my stable QJLS because the QPLS covered the same shot and I also had 3 EXP1's in various stages so most of my left fading fairway shots were already covered. My game has improved a lot in the last week, mainly because I am now forced to stick to one brand. I spent so much time rotating through discs that my confidence wasn't always there when I threw some of the discs. Completely confident I can pull off every shot with this lineup, especially now that I have the Quasar at my disposal.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Decided to fill up my innova comp bag just for shits.

Putting Only:
Omega AP 1.9 171g
Omega SS 1.30 170g

Driving Putters:
Omega AP 1.? trashed
CE Qmega 174g
Qmega "appoved"

Midranges:
Sanny Q-sent x2
QMS x2
SMS

Fairway Drivers:
QJLS x2
QPLS
EXP1 x3

Distance Drivers
QOLS x2
QOLF x2
SOLF 1.1
Quasar x2
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 am

Omega AP 1.9
Omega SS no run firm
Omega Driver
CE Qmega
Sirius Omega

Sanny Q-Sent x2
QMS x2
SMS - this thing is still surprisingly stable. It has been a nice patch over for not having a Roc. Will get a lighter weight

QJLSx2
QPLSx2
EXP1x2

QOLSx2
QOLFx2 - 150g, 171g
SOLF 1.1
Quasar x2

The 30mph wind kicked my ass yesterday on putting. I am have had a really hard time using Omegas when it is windy. I don't really like the feel of Sirius or Qmegas as putters which are plenty stable for windy situations, but it is just a mental block. Having to really learn every disc, knowing that I am committed to them, has also been mentally challenging. In the past I could change up certain drivers when something was working, now I need to master them. Field work is becoming ever more important for me
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 pm

finally found a setup for my putters that I like

Omega AP 1.9
Omega SS no run
Omega AP 1.11 x2 - 1 turnover, 1 stable
CE Qmega
Omega Driver - flippy, trick putter

Sanny Q-Sent x2
QMS x2
SMS

QJLS - flat
CE QJLS - flippy, rollers
EXP1 x2

QOLS x2
QOLF x2
SOLF 1.1
Quasar x2

going back to the AP 1.11 was a nice change. The 1.11's have slightly concave domes, where as the Sirius is just flat. They fly more like my KC's(control/speed wise).

Also had a revelation about why I had lost accuracy and about 40 ft on my throws. I literally just dropped my forearm down an inch, rather than doing a flat pull. I had experimented with Nikko style driving, but it led to a lot of early releases because his motion is a bit circular if you get bad timing. I did learn from it that my body can create a lot more power by dropping my forearm, but still keeping my elbow out. It allowed me to lock into my lines easier and I got a ton more nose down. I had been having a lot of issues with nose up and stall outs, but this pretty much fixed it. A days of good throws with an all millennium bag was all I needed to give my full confidence to my bag
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion