Disc Golf Review Disc #3 - MVP Ions! (Order Sent)

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Golf Review Disc #3 - MVP Ions! (Order Sent)

Postby xare » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Really can't wait to get my hands onto the new transparent Ion so I can give it a fair shake again. With PDs being slated to be done again before the end of the year, any plans for a next featured artist and company? Aothiom/Lat64? (I'm scared to guess which mold though... River?). Millennium? Gateway? Discraft?
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Classic Cobra

Postby Timko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 am

Probably Discraft, as Charlie at GGGT gets a great deal through them. No idea on the stamp or a timetable, but probably not until 2012.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby what'shisname » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 am

xare wrote:Really can't wait to get my hands onto the new transparent Ion so I can give it a fair shake again. With PDs being slated to be done again before the end of the year, any plans for a next featured artist and company? Aothiom/Lat64? (I'm scared to guess which mold though... River?). Millennium? Gateway? Discraft?

Whoa whoa.... PD's are coming again? And soon?
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Timko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 am

Sometime before the end of the year hopefully.
Timko

Postby Itchy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 am

Timko wrote:Probably Discraft, as Charlie at GGGT gets a great deal through them. No idea on the stamp or a timetable, but probably not until 2012.

If it is Discraft, is it going to a super popular mold, or showing love to some of the over looked molds? I'm a really big Cyclone fan but don't hear a ton of stories about people throwing them. Nukes would probably sell well though.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby jubuttib » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Itchy wrote:
Timko wrote:Probably Discraft, as Charlie at GGGT gets a great deal through them. No idea on the stamp or a timetable, but probably not until 2012.

If it is Discraft, is it going to a super popular mold, or showing love to some of the over looked molds? I'm a really big Cyclone fan but don't hear a ton of stories about people throwing them. Nukes would probably sell well though.
If it's Comet or Cyclone I'll get some. If it's Challenger turso will splurge on them. If it's anything else I'll probably skip.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Flipflat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Wasn't there talk of a run of DGR Rattlers? With a big stamp of Mark Ellis's face on them?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby xare » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Flipflat wrote:Wasn't there talk of a run of DGR Rattlers? With a big stamp of Mark Ellis's face on them?

Seeing as nobody wanted a 1994 vintage Cyclone (black, even) with a green stamped Lizard Lawyer on it for $9.99 from Leopard, I'm guessing that's just a joke floating around. :D

If it's Discraft, it's probably Buzzz, Predator, Comet, or Nuke. Really can't see anything else selling that well, and if it's the Predator, it'd fit in with that mythical DGR bag that's been floating around for years now. Here's the DGR-stamped bag so far: Ion, Roc, PD. I think it lacks an overstable disc, and a fairway disc (yeah, yeah, power down on the PD, but not all of us can do that quite well). Just my guesses here.

Zone, Challenger, Drone, Stalker, Hornet are some other options but I really don't see them getting a lot of love, except for the Zone, which is such a niche disc that it probably would fit into the DGR theme. ESP ghost-stamped Zones would be awesome. AWESOME.
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Postby Leopard » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm

just spitballin' here, but how about a Predator stamp where DGR shows DGCR its junk? it'd be eye-level. get it? strike while the stroke is hot here timko!
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby xare » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Leopard wrote:just spitballin' here, but how about a Predator stamp where DGR shows DGCR its junk? it'd be eye-level. get it? strike while the stroke is hot here timko!

Win.
xare
Tree Magnet

Postby BCR-9er » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I have the latest update regarding the status on the DGR Ions for you all. We got them all stamped this weekend and they turned out great!

Unfortunately, we will not be able to get them sent out tomorrow (Monday) as promised. Our crew has been extremely busy with the Axis pre-orders, which took more time than anticipated. However, rest assured that the DGR Ions will be a priority late mid to late this week and we should have them all sent out by next Monday. Good news though is that many stores will have the Axis this week before September 16! Be sure to keep an eye out for them.
Brad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
BCR-9er
Tree Magnet

Postby moorent » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm

drat.

I was hoping to have them for Lewisville this next weekend.

At least I'll have them for ever and ever.
moorent
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby Someth1ng » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:52 pm

you should have told us that it would take a week to stamp. You had everyone expecting them this week.
Someth1ng
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Timko » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:00 am

I appreciate Brad's honesty with the situation. He's got a major release rolling out for MVP, and he could have simply told me something else like they're going to take a week to stamp. He's a stand up guy for being up front about it. I hope the Axis release goes well this week, and I'm sure the DGR community really looks forward to our Ions!
Timko

Postby Redisculous » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 am

Timko wrote:I appreciate Brad's honesty with the situation. He's got a major release rolling out for MVP, and he could have simply told me something else like they're going to take a week to stamp. He's a stand up guy for being up front about it. I hope the Axis release goes well this week, and I'm sure the DGR community really looks forward to our Ions!

AND the release of the Axis!

Perfectly understandable delay.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements