tell me what you think

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

tell me what you think

Postby Fenrir » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:49 am

been playing since the beginning of last summer so I'm still pretty new at this if you guys can just give me a few pointers that would be awesome

Putters
2x Omega supersofts for putting and really liking um
Pro pig-177g mostly for driving or maybe putting if its real windy out
Soft wizard-171g just got it to try it out and its not as soft as i wanted
Soft magnet-175g jumpers
Soft magnet-180g some stuff off the tee

Mids
proton vector-177g if its windy or i want some fade
Z glo buzzz-175g off the tee most stable of my buzzzs
Z buzzz-178g most used buzzz for sure its good for anything 320 to 220 depending on the line
Crystal z buzzz-177g so beat it flips a lil bit and will hold a anny even without a lot on it

Drivers
Champ teebird-175g a bit used but still good into the wind trying to beat it up
Champ teebird-175g back up
Dx teebird-169g lil bit more beat in for anny lines and such
Dx teebird-168g pretty beat will flip up from hyzer and hold a turn really well
E* teebird-175g new but my most used driver trying to season it up a bit
2x Z preds-170ish(i haven't got to check um yet) got um to replace the fb and I'm liking um a lot

I'm trying to find a good replacement for the pig as its now OOP
trying out orcs or wraiths for all out bombs what can do more with just one mold?

EDIT 9-9-2011
added omegas
got rid of wasp for vector
got rid of fb for preds
lost a dx tbird :(
added a champ and E* tbird
Challenger-Comet-Roc-Eagle x-Leopard-Predator
Fenrir
Noob

Favorite Disc: z buzzz

Re: tell me what you think

Postby Fenrir » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Did an edit
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:18 am

R-Pro Pig is in production i hope.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fenrir » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 am

It still is in r-pro ya sorry I just don't like the feel of r-pro
Plus I kinda feel like I want something that can do more lines as I driving putter
Fenrir
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 am

The JOKERi from Prodiscus is a flat, fast and lower profile putter. It resists turning really well, even in harsh headwinds, but doesn't have a meathook fade. It's a really reliable and workable driving putter, even in Basic, and as it beats it loses the fade but retains the high speed stability. When new it flies straight to moderately overstable, and works great for anhyzer throws you want to straighten at the end. It's also really great for forehand shots. You might like it as a more workable substitute for the Pig.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:09 am

Jokeri in Basic plastic vs Pig... touch better glide, touch less fade, just as HSS, grippy plastic in Basic, slow turning overhead = better piggy. Premium's flight is closer to Pig.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:20 pm

7ontheline wrote:Jokeri in Basic plastic vs Pig... touch better glide, touch less fade, just as HSS, grippy plastic in Basic, slow turning overhead = better piggy. Premium's flight is closer to Pig.
Been ages since I last threw a Pig but it definitely faded more than my Premium JOKERi. A new Basic isn't that different from a Premium, neither fades all that much if you give them some spin.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Fenrir » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:33 pm

I was thinking about wizards but I feel like from eveything I hear its hard to find ones you like.
Just read up on the JOKERi and it seems sweet.
What do you guys think get 1 in each plastic and beat the basic one in a bit?
Fenrir
Noob

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 pm

I suggest buying the Basic first and remember the fade it has when new and then decide later if that amount of fade is something you want to have going forward. If the Pig fade is something you need every round then for sure by the Premium. I have a Premium but its not in the bag as the Basic has it all covered for what I need. I bag a lot of different molds so the Basic Jokeri get limited play but its my goto for short upshot flicks, short flexs as jubuttib described earlier, and upshot spikes that I need to stop on a dime. If the wind was ever kicking in Memphis I'm sure I'd reach for it to handle some putting as well. I personally bought another Basic Jokeri as back up just in case a stanky pond swallows my seasoned one.

I'd trade you my Premium but whenever I pick it up the plastic just feels too good to let it go... however, if you don't like the Preds shoot me a PM as I'd like to try one out as a better gliding utility flick disc and possible replacement for one of my Firebirds.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 am

Fenrir wrote:I was thinking about wizards but I feel like from eveything I hear its hard to find ones you like.
Just read up on the JOKERi and it seems sweet.
What do you guys think get 1 in each plastic and beat the basic one in a bit?

Win.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Ok then I'm gonna prob grab 2 in basic and 1 in premium ASAP
And sorry 7 I fell in love with the preds as soon as I tossed one
Fenrir
Noob

Postby Fenrir » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:04 pm

ordered a esp pred, gl river, basic jokeri and a pro d buzz to see how they work out
Fenrir
Noob

Postby Fenrir » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:21 pm

been a long time since i updated the bag so here we go

Putters
2x pro d challenger-171g putting and some tee stuff if its not to long
ion-175g off the tee for anything longer

Mids
proton vector-177g if its windy or i want some fade
2x dx roc-177g-181g one is starting to get seasoned nicely, starting to be my goto mid
Z buzzz-179g i know I'm breaking every law of disc golf by having roc's and buzzz's but its hard to let go of a mold you've had 2 aces with.

Drivers
E* teebird-175g just put it back in the bag it should be nice when i beat it in
2x Z preds-169g-174g one is starting to get nicely seasoned the other is for hard headwind
star eagle x-171g not sure if i should be tossing this or teebirds
champ leopard-169g got it for something that turns idk if i really like it
champ sidewinder-165g overhead shots i know it seems crazy but i know what its gonna do everytime
2x pro wraith-173g-172g beat up and newer
e* wraith-172g got it to stay more stable

so here's the thing i feel like i want something that's more workable then the wraiths i was thing maybe DD's in p and s I've heard they have a harder fade when new.
my max is maybe 350 so I'd like to stay with something speed 11 or under but sometimes think of taking out anything above fairway speed.
any help would be great thanks
Fenrir
Noob

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:38 pm

There is a lot of hype around the PD and the versatility of the mold in the various plastic selections, a good place to read through would be "The Gospel of the PD":http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12278
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Vector, Buzzz and Roc overlap. Buzzz and Roc not totally. Because the Buzzz flies farther and turns tighter and faster they have different uses. For harder fades and winds the Gator works fine. It is shorter than the Roc so that helps in ranging some shots.

TB and Pred might not need the Eagle in between. Beast is more workable than the Wraith. With the Beast and the Leo the Sidewinder will probably be redundant.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion