Disc Golf Review Disc #3 - MVP Ions! (Order Sent)

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Golf Review Disc #3 - MVP Ions! (Order Sent)

Postby jc39499 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:19 am

BCR-9er wrote:Our crew has been extremely busy with the Axis pre-orders, which took more time than anticipated.

Great, looking forward for DGR Ions and Axis. What are the weight ranges for the first run Axis that are being shipped this week?

Thanks! Jamie
jc39499
Noob

Favorite Disc: MVP Ion

Postby cmrichar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 am

jc39499 wrote:
BCR-9er wrote:Our crew has been extremely busy with the Axis pre-orders, which took more time than anticipated.

Great, looking forward for DGR Ions and Axis. What are the weight ranges for the first run Axis that are being shipped this week?

Thanks! Jamie
The first runs all weight approx 177-180. We plan to fulfill other weight variety with production runs thereafter.
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet

Postby Someth1ng » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:29 am

Timko wrote:I appreciate Brad's honesty with the situation. He's got a major release rolling out for MVP, and he could have simply told me something else like they're going to take a week to stamp. He's a stand up guy for being up front about it. I hope the Axis release goes well this week, and I'm sure the DGR community really looks forward to our Ions!

I appreciate the honesty as well, just believe he needs business lesson 101. Under-promise and over-deliver! Its not like it was some surprise that the Axis was coming out on the 16th. But whatever, I can use the 2 Ions I currently do for one more week of DG.
Someth1ng
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby rooneytunes » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am

Someth1ng wrote:I appreciate the honesty as well, just believe he needs business lesson 101. Under-promise and over-deliver! Its not like it was some surprise that the Axis was coming out on the 16th. But whatever, I can use the 2 Ions I currently do for one more week of DG.

Are you listening, MVP? There's a nugget of wisdom that could really turn around your customer relations... :P

My vote is for the Predator as well if the new DGR disc will be chosen from Discraft's lineup. Predator >All else from Discraft

On a totally unrelated note, we need a "you're a douchebag" emoticon. I think it will really liven up the discussions here.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Amateur » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Someth1ng wrote:I appreciate the honesty as well, just believe he needs BIG business lesson 101. Under-promise and over-deliver! Its not like it was some surprise that the Axis was coming out on the 16th. But whatever, I can use the 2 Ions I currently do for one more week of DG.

FTFY

At the time when orders were being taken for the DGR Ions the release date of the Axis was a suprise, as was the date the DGR Ions would ship.

Under promise and over deliver in the business of disc golf, you will be amongst the company of Quest.
Over promise and under deliver will put you in the company of GripEQ.

But promise and deliver will put you amongst the likes of MVP and Gorilla Boy. Exceptional products made by DG fanatics, for DG fanatics.
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Someth1ng » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Amateur wrote:
Someth1ng wrote:I appreciate the honesty as well, just believe he needs BIG business lesson 101. Under-promise and over-deliver! Its not like it was some surprise that the Axis was coming out on the 16th. But whatever, I can use the 2 Ions I currently do for one more week of DG.

FTFY

At the time when orders were being taken for the DGR Ions the release date of the Axis was a suprise, as was the date the DGR Ions would ship.

Under promise and over deliver in the business of disc golf, you will be amongst the company of Quest.
Over promise and under deliver will put you in the company of GripEQ.

But promise and deliver will put you amongst the likes of MVP and Gorilla Boy. Exceptional products made by DG fanatics, for DG fanatics.

No MVP knew the 16th was the date for the Axis last week when they said if we get the orders by Thursday Night they can ship on Monday. But really its more of a disappointment on not getting my new toy then a real complaint.
Someth1ng
Noob

Postby Itchy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Way I see it, we all knew it was a pre-order so when they get here, they get here. Not sure why the debate. Actually, I thought it'd be longer than the expected delivery is now, so I'm happy.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby discspeed » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Someth1ng wrote:
Timko wrote:I appreciate Brad's honesty with the situation. He's got a major release rolling out for MVP, and he could have simply told me something else like they're going to take a week to stamp. He's a stand up guy for being up front about it. I hope the Axis release goes well this week, and I'm sure the DGR community really looks forward to our Ions!

I appreciate the honesty as well, just believe he needs business lesson 101. Under-promise and over-deliver! Its not like it was some surprise that the Axis was coming out on the 16th. But whatever, I can use the 2 Ions I currently do for one more week of DG.

Their "business" is getting the Axis to stores as it's their major release. Stamping Ions for us is charity for DGR, and one I'm pretty sure is costing them time and money that they wouldn't trouble themselves with for anyone else.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Leopard » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:59 pm

gotta hit double-digits in post count before DGR High and Mighty Mode :lol:
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Someth1ng » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 am

discspeed wrote:
Someth1ng wrote:

Their "business" is getting the Axis to stores as it's their major release. Stamping Ions for us is charity for DGR, and one I'm pretty sure is costing them time and money that they wouldn't trouble themselves with for anyone else.

Duh! So perhaps a better statement would have been. "We would like to get the order Thursday night so we can start the stamping process, however with the Axis coming out on the 16th, we probably won't be able to ship until after then."

Does wanting a company to set realistic expectations absurd?
Someth1ng
Noob

Postby discspeed » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:15 am

Someth1ng wrote:
Duh! So perhaps a better statement would have been. "We would like to get the order Thursday night so we can start the stamping process, however with the Axis coming out on the 16th, we probably won't be able to ship until after then."

Does wanting a company to set realistic expectations absurd?

I think it's absurd to make condescending comments towards a great business with an even better track record when it comes to communication with the online community and delivering on promises, especially when they are stamping special discs for us to help fund this site. Brad made an optimistic statement, realized his error and quickly corrected that statement. Suddenly he's being "schooled" on how to run a business? This is the kind of stuff that makes representatives from the manufacturers NEVER want to tell us anything. DGR is usually much better in this regard than other sites, which is why Brad and Chad feel more comfortable posting here. I'd like to keep it that way, so we should try and be polite and understanding and not make them feel like any info shared could be a potential mistake.

You are obviously new to this site, though one never knows how long a new member has been lurking. I welcome you to the site and I hope that you take my words as a friendly reminder as I'm not trying to single you out or put you down as there are many worse offenders that post here. I just know the MVP guys and I know they are paranoid about situations exactly like this one and it makes them even more tight lipped about any developments prior to the release date.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am

Who gives a crap, you're still getting sweet ions in a week.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Vinglehoff » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Someth1ng wrote:Does wanting a company to set realistic expectations absurd?

does wanting a total n00bface (n00bface recognize n00bface) to not get their panties in a bunch (i know ... its a long way up that business101 high horse) about something entirely understandable absurd? does absurd? WELL???

rock on MVP. the real DGR lurkers salute you.
Vinglehoff
Noob

Favorite Disc: my putter

Postby Leopard » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

discspeed wrote:This is the kind of stuff that makes representatives from the manufacturers NEVER want to tell us anything.

i preach this like the #1 rule of disc golf marketing (related to and followed by "never offer preorders"). the sense of entitlement in the DG demographic is off the charts insane... you can't tease anything beyond like 15 minutes of availability. hype kills.

excited to see custom art on MVP plastic :)
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Timko » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

MVP did us a huge favor with this run of Ions.

1. We were able to purchase them for what the major retailers get them for.
2. I got a huge discount on my dye because they made them at the same time as the Axis dyes.
3. They're shipping out the discs for us, without taking a percentage of the profits.

MVP are all around good guys, and have an amazing business model. There are a number of ways they could have chosen to handle our transaction, and they're good enough I expect to be doing business with them in the future.

So quit your bitching.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements