My bag.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My bag.

Postby zepphead33 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Did this once right when I joined and had no idea about how far I was throwing, kept changing my mind and the thread just became a huge clusterfuck. So here we go again.

I am too lazy to post weights. Drivers hang around 170g, Rocs 175g or more, putters are max weight.

Drivers:
Star Eagle- Forehand disc. My forehand is not long, but pretty accurate.
Barstamp Eagle- My workhorse Eagle. Throw it a lot. Can hit about 355' pretty consistently.
Z Flash- My distance driver. Best throws are probably 365 or 370'.
DX Leopard- Short turnovers.

I need a long understable disc and a wind fighter. Thinking Valk and Firebird, but I am open to suggestions.

Mids:
DX Roc- Overstable with fade.
DX Roc- Slightly overstable with no fade.
DX Roc- Understable.
Champion Roc- Have not thrown yet, it was cheap and had to buy it. Will update when I know what it does.

I probably push Rocs out to 325' most of the time.

Putters:
KC Pro Aviar- Putter.
KC Pro Aviar- Driving/approach putter. I only drive with a putter if hole is under 225' or so.

Annnnddd go.
Disc Golf (n)- A hidden gem in the world of sports even the gimps with the limps can play.
zepphead33
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: My bag.

Postby fanter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:25 pm

I don't think of my Valkyries as understable drivers until they're pretty beaten. I have a two-ish year old champ that is still very straight on a flip. The only really understable one I have is a Star that skidded more than once along a concrete culvert. Also, I think it will probably fly similar to your Flash, which does have more high speed stability, but not enough (I would say) to render it much different from a Valkyrie. What kind of flight do you get out of your Flash? Do you release it with hyzer and let it flatten out?

Roadrunner is a great understable driver. I've thrown some max weight stars that are surprisingly controllable on a hyzer-flip.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby zepphead33 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 pm

OK, I was under the impression Valks were understable new. I throw my Flash with just a little anny and let it flatten out, and it flies dead straight. Tried Roadrunners and Sidewinders, and did not like either of them.
Disc Golf (n)- A hidden gem in the world of sports even the gimps with the limps can play.
zepphead33
Noob

Postby zepphead33 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Gee, you guys sure are helpful.
zepphead33
Noob

Postby keltik » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:25 pm

long and understable: Vision, A-SS, RR, Beat X-Avenger
Wind fighter: That S.EX should do fine. Predator is nice.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby zepphead33 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 pm

I am going to replace that bar stamp Eagle with a Champion Eagle, and that will be my wind fighter. New Champs are pretty good in the wind. DX Leopard is in water. Replacing with Pro Leopard. Bag:

Drivers:
Star Eagle- Forehand disc. My forehand is not long, but pretty accurate.
Champion Eagle- Wind fighter/ workhorse Eagle.
Z Flash- My distance driver. Best throws are probably 365 or 370'.
Pro Leopard- Short understable.
I might try out a Vision, would not mind having some Swedish plastic.

Mids:
DX Roc- Overstable with fade.
DX Roc- Slightly overstable with little fade.
DX Roc- Understable.
Champion Roc- Have not thrown yet, it was cheap and had to buy it. Will update when I know what it does.

I probably push Rocs out to 325' most of the time.

Putters:
KC Pro Aviar- Putter.
KC Pro Aviar- Driving/approach putter. I only drive with a putter if hole is under 225' or so.
zepphead33
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion