Working Stiff's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Working Stiff's Bag

Postby BrotherDave » Mon May 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Roadrunner and light Valks? That strikes me as odd. If I was going to carry a XD for short annys I don't if I wouldn't just rather carry a Rattler or Polecat since I'm using it as a touch disc.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Working Stiff » Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 am

A Rattler or Polecat would have been an option to try there, but I think I have one of each. I've got a leftover stash of XD's from when I threw them, so I started with what I had and it worked. Sometimes it's that simple.

My driver set up is a work in progress. Right now it's not progressing very well. I've got drivers that on paper that should fly the same that don't and drivers that shouldn't fly the same that do. I might just go back to throwing Cyclones all the time. That was easier, and I can claim that I'm "discing down."
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Just updating, since this is as good a place as any to track changes.

Distance Drivers
(2) Pro Starfire 168g
Stable Control Drivers
(1) ESP Cyclone, 168g
Understable Driver
(1) Beat Pro D Cyclone, 168g
Overstable Driver
(1) Z Predator, 169g
Mids:
(1) X Comet 177g
(2) Z Comet, 172-177g
(1) Millennium Sentinel MF, 176g
(1) Q Sentinel 176g
Putters:
(2) DX XD 168-175g
(1) DX Big Bead Aviar 172g
(1) 9X KC Pro Aviar 172g
(1) Yeti Pro Aviar 172g
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 am

which starfire mold are you throwing?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby xare » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Unless he's specifically searching out the freak Pro Starfire runs, the Pro Starfire is always the SL mold.
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Classic Cobra

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:34 pm

One of them is a Starfire. Actually, I guess if I believe everything Innova says it's a freak SL that cooled in a way that makes it more fly more stable and look like a Starfire. The other one is an SL.

I have to stop buying crap off the Internet.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Eh, I just had to type it to cause a problem. I had a "Tin Cup" moment, so I don't currently own any Pro Starfires. :roll:

I also have Rocs in the bag. I don't remember doing that, but OK.

Distance Drivers
(1) E* Roadrunner 169g
Stable Control Drivers
(1) ESP Cyclone, 168g
Understable Driver
(1) Beat Pro D Cyclone, 168g
Overstable Driver
(1) Z Predator, 169g
Mids:
(1) X Comet 177g
(2) Z Comet, 172-177g
(1) DX Roc, 176g
(1) KC Pro Roc 177g
Putters:
(2) DX XD 168-175g
(1) DX Big Bead Aviar 172g
(1) 9X KC Pro Aviar 172g
(1) Yeti Pro Aviar 172g
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 pm

what do you use the BB aviar for and the yeti pro for? Do they overlap for you? I like the yeti pro but it overlapped too much for me with my straight BB aviars.
Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:11 pm

I tried out Yeti's just to try them out. I liked them, but I really didn't find them to be all that unique from a broken in BB Aviar. It might have a little less glide, but not a ton less. My home course has a small reservoir with a pin placement on the levee, and if you go long your disc is gone into the deepest part of the reservoir. When you putt with a 9X KC, it's nice to have a throw-away putter that you really don't give a crap about if you send it to a watery death. The Yeti fits that bill pretty nicely.

Do you think Crawford should have come up with that ball? I've heard a lot of people say that, but I think that's a tougher ball to catch than it looked like. It's kinda stupid to try to lay the collapse on him when their starters sucked so hard in September anyway, but I suppose when you are a $142 million bust you have to expect it. It was a fun night to watch baseball, anyway. Of course I can say that since my crap-ass team actually managed to luck into the playoffs.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Crawford couldn't have gotten that. I loved last night. Watching my O's break the heart of every boston fan's heart was so great.
Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 pm

It never dawned on me that Crawford should have come up with that ball when I watched it live. I was surprised that I heard so many people complain about it.

That was some awesome baseball. The Bosox seemed in good shape in Baltimore and Tampa was down seven to the Yankees, then Boston was in a rain delay and Tampa was down one, then you get the down to the last strike homer to send the NY/Tampa game into extras, then all of a sudden the Red Sox choked and a minute later BOOM Tampa wins. Through most of it the prolonged agony of Atlanta fans drug on with the Phillies/Braves game in extras. If the Cardinals/Astros game could have had some drama the night would have been a heart attack waiting to happen.

The most awesome part of the night was in the Tampa game when Johnson came in and the announcer said "You know they are bringing him in for one reason, the long ball" and they flashed his season average of something like .112 right at the same time. The whole thing seemed ridiculous and then he hit the ball out. Crazy.

Imagine how pathetic a team you would have if you could pair up Boston's September pitching with Atlanta's September hitting. That would be epic.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 am

My favorite thing from that night was right before Robert Andino hit the game winner for the O's was Gary Thorne saying "the baseball gods must be laughing right now". Then Andino hits the winner and Jim Palmer just starts laughing.
Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Funny things happened this fall:

a) The craptastic Cardinals won the World Series. I don't know whether to be happy or embarrassed. For the record, there is NO WAY that ball gets over Cruz's head. You are in the big leagues. Your team has a two run lead and is one strike away from winning the World Fucking Series. No ball gets over your head. It can't happen. I don't care how many home runs he hit in the post season, Nelson Cruz should have been summarily executed.

b) Lake diver guy called me and gave me my Pro Starfires back. I also took a stupid shot with a RR that I had no business taking with a RR and left it 35' up in a tree, and some random dude got it down and left it on my desk at work. Weird.

c) It's the off season so I have weird stuff in my bag, the weirdest being a Wolf. I can't quite figure out a use for a flippy disc with no glide, but they make it so it has to have a use, right? I'm really intrigued by it. I've been throwing it on second shots after I've thrown a Comet or XD and 90% of the time I think "good Lord this disc sucks." They have been making them for years, though. They really can't suck that bad. I find myself compelled to find a use for it. It's making me practice my backhand roller more, which is a shot I've really lost the feel for. Maybe something good will come of it. Maybe it's a waste of time.

Distance Drivers
(1) SOLF 1.2 168g
(2) Champ Valkyries 160ish/170g
Stable Control Drivers
(1) QJLS 1.8 (it's not yellow), 168g
Overstable Driver
(1) Z Predator, 169g
Mids:
(1) DX Wolf 172g
(2) Z Comet, 172-177g
(1) Q Sentinel, 176g
Putters:
(1) DX XD 175g
(1) Medium Ion 175g
(1) X Link Ridge 175g
(1) Yeti Pro Aviar 172g
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby keltik » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Wolf? Really?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Dude, there has to be a use for it. They CNXed the Puma and kept the Wolf. There has to be a reason.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion