OCCUPY WALL STREET

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

OCCUPY WALL STREET

Postby richardmmill » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:28 pm

I thought this is something everyone should know about since the media will not broadcast anything on it. SPREAD THE NEWS!

http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbuster ... emand.html

http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution
Xcaliber - Boss - SL - Whippet - Mako - Pig - Aviar pna
richardmmill
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star SL

Re: OCCUPY WALL STREET

Postby vonDrehle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Some1 else click that top link I don't trust it!
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby dgdave » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Here's a screen grab of the page

"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby vonDrehle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Ok all clear :D.

Anytime I see Ad in the URL of a webpage my cheeks tighten.

Also my phone does not do that!
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Postby MDP » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Oh, a Guy Fawkes mask.

I hope the cause is for the establishment of a radical Catholic state and it's not just a horrible appropriation of a historical figure...
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby vonDrehle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:03 pm

radical Catholic state

That just sounds awful
vonDrehle

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:05 pm

guy fawkes mask and all caps? no thanks.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby mobster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:31 am

Yeah...looks like it's going great...
mobster
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Nuke SS

Postby Apothecary » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:47 pm

they have no exposure...of course its going to fail.

anonymous is not militant enough to get a damn thing done.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby colombo117 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 pm

I like adbusters
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Apothecary wrote:they have no exposure...of course its going to fail.

anonymous is not militant enough to get a damn thing done.

when they shutdown the westboro site live during an interview was pretty funny, tho.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby JHern » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

I still remember seeing this topic appear back in September, and reading that intro web page. A lot has happened since then...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Parks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 am

Yeah, I ignored it due to the stupidity of the presentation (Guy Fawkes mask, starting the page off "Hey President Obama"), but it has picked up a lot of steam.

Not as much as the Tea Party, even though there's more Occupiers than Tea Partiers. I imagine that is because the whole no tax thing was something that big media and corporations in general could get behind.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JHern » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:03 am

Parks wrote:...the whole no tax thing was something that big media and corporations in general could get behind.

Of course its easy to pander to the rich and selfish, they're the ones who always vote, and more importantly, who fund campaigns in their own self-interest. Add to this brew the religious nutbags, the gun freaks, and the racists and haters, and you have a brief synopsis of the business model of the GOP. It's so incredibly immoral that people who recognize it can't help but cringe. Still, the GOP have no shame and even dare to hold up the banner of morality as a bludgeon upon their opponents. This is total madness. The Democrats are little better. They talk about the interests of the working people, but they fall all over themselves trying to give special favors to big industry, the big banks, and the financial sector, who are their greatest benefactors. They try to shape gov't supported private industry and finance into an agent of social change. But they fail to recognize the epic failure of this plan as the private partners were over-taken by executives who are finance wonks that specialize in extracting flesh from every native firm and putting it in their own pockets, who are very capable of plundering pension funds, who work to undermine the bargaining power of workers, who ship jobs overseas, who move their profits to foreign shores to dodge taxes and then lobby the gov't for amnesty/tax holiday, etc., etc., etc., etc., but who have no idea of how their core products are built, have no respect for the crafts their company sells, or how to make a truly quality product that their workers can be proud of...this is also total madness. Will America ever wake up from this nightmare?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Triflusal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:28 am

JHern wrote:
Parks wrote:...the whole no tax thing was something that big media and corporations in general could get behind.

Of course its easy to pander to the rich and selfish, they're the ones who always vote, and more importantly, who fund campaigns in their own self-interest. Add to this brew the religious nutbags, the gun freaks, and the racists and haters, and you have a brief synopsis of the business model of the GOP. It's so incredibly immoral that people who recognize it can't help but cringe. Still, the GOP have no shame and even dare to hold up the banner of morality as a bludgeon upon their opponents. This is total madness. The Democrats are little better. They talk about the interests of the working people, but they fall all over themselves trying to give special favors to big industry, the big banks, and the financial sector, who are their greatest benefactors. They try to shape gov't supported private industry and finance into an agent of social change. But they fail to recognize the epic failure of this plan as the private partners were over-taken by executives who are finance wonks that specialize in extracting flesh from every native firm and putting it in their own pockets, who are very capable of plundering pension funds, who work to undermine the bargaining power of workers, who ship jobs overseas, who move their profits to foreign shores to dodge taxes and then lobby the gov't for amnesty/tax holiday, etc., etc., etc., etc., but who have no idea of how their core products are built, have no respect for the crafts their company sells, or how to make a truly quality product that their workers can be proud of...this is also total madness. Will America ever wake up from this nightmare?

lol
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.