Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Vibram Discs (NEW MOLDS PDGA APPROVED)

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Maybe......could have been (probly was) mishandling on my end but i could never get mine to work after loosing the paper, it wanted me to sign in to some google account or something that didnt exist
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby dgdave » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Oh yeah. They used a Google docs thing once. I didn't like it. The new one is through their website.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Got to throw some holes with the ibex and sole this weekend after the tourney and man I am really liking both of them. They both have a legit chance at making the bag with the sole being at like 80% in the bag
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:14 pm

It's kind of amazing isn't it? I wouldn't call it revolutionary but I just never expected something this good from Vibram. You guys get regular X links or Firms? Cause I bought a regular X link Ibex off Dana on DGCR and it feels magical, there's a serious difference between it and my V.O. Super Firms in rigidity.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby veganray » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 am

Initial reactions
Sole: Quite comfy in the hand after flashing was sanded off. Nice, straight putter with minimal fade. A lot more natural lift & floatiness than any of the other Vibram putters. Reminded me of a Goblin. Held any line I put on it with either a touchy snap or a full rip, a relatively rare quality. A few squirrely late releases (probably due to my familiarity with beaded putters). Wish I had a soft one to test.
Ibex: Very similar in flight to STAR Gremlin. More driver-like than Roc-like, needing a pretty aggressive launch speed to fly properly and not very floaty toward the end of its journey. Not useful for 60% power or less shots. On shots where I could really huck it, flight was predictably stable/overstable with gentle fade. First throw with it clanked off the cage on Loriella Park #1. Never really felt "at home" in my hand, though results were quite good.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Der Alte » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:00 am

veganray wrote:Initial reactions
Sole: ... Held any line I put on it with either a touchy snap or a full rip, a relatively rare quality...

How about driving with the Sole compared to the Ridge? I can rip Ridge really hard and it doesn't turn over. Only thing I'm hoping for from the Ridge is better glide. I wish that Sole has better glide with similar driving abilities. I have tested the new clear medium Ions but unfortunately they are not my cup of tea (too slick and too sensitive).
Der Alte
Noob

Favorite Disc: Jokeri

Postby peppermack » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:09 am

Ya, the sole is fucking awesome. It goes far off the tee. I was overthrowing holes that that I usually don't with a putter. It is by far the best disc that they have made as of yet. It is going in the bag for sure. I also love the way it his the chains and just completely dies and falls lifelessly into the basket. Both of my Soles are regular X-link. I need some firms now:)

Ibex did not excite me. It does not do anything that lots of other mids can do. It is not going in the bag.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby dgdave » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 am

I'm not really digging the sole. I cannot putt with it. I pitted for about 2hiurs with it and my made % was pitiful. I thought maybe I was just off, so I graves my KCs and was killing it. I haven't thrown them.past 230 or so and I don't see anything special. I do want to try a firm as I sure that would help some. To be honest, I'd rather toss the ridge.

Still not much time with the ibex yet.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby dgdave » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 am

My dad was putting with me and he's used to a nit softer putter and is more of a spin putter and he liked it and was doing well with it
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby veganray » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

I like the Sole for driving better than any of the other Vibram putters. Holds any line w/o threatening to flip or over-drop.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Pwingles » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:57 am

Sole sounds intriguing, are there any current putters out there that you might be able to compare its flight to, on say a 200-250ish throw? Also, how well does it float on putts w/out much spin? What are the numbers that Vibram give it?
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby veganray » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Numbers are not yet assigned. (At least they are not molded into the back of the disc.) It flies like a Goblin for me, which some folks say flies like a Dart. It is MUCH floatier than any other Vibram putter, but "How well does it float on putts w/out much spin?" is not quantifiable enough for me to answer.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:04 pm

The sole throws a lot like a magnet/aviar to me. it's got a little flip in it when throw flat but will fight back if you give it enough air. It will also hold most lines you put it on and handles wind OKish.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Flies like a Dart and feels like a putter (Dart feels like a mid more than anything)? I know some people who would be interested.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Pwingles » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

veganray wrote:Numbers are not yet assigned. (At least they are not molded into the back of the disc.) It flies like a Goblin for me, which some folks say flies like a Dart. It is MUCH floatier than any other Vibram putter, but "How well does it float on putts w/out much spin?" is not quantifiable enough for me to answer.

Ill try harder, here goes

I mostly straddle putt, from about 40 ft and in its generally a straight arm/pitch putt style w/ only really enough spin to keep the disc from wobbling, but by no means anywhere near a spin putt. Some discs work better than others for me on these types of putts. Wizards do not, but magics do. I can only putt with a wizard using this style to around 25-30 ft before the lack of glide starts to really affect how often i come up short. I have been primarily putting w/ a magic lately since its lack of fade is more conducive to my preferred/default putting style. Using the wizard for more specialty putts that require its fade, or stability in the wind, etc. I could see the Ridge/Sole combo working out well for me. I like the ridge off the tee and for approaches since its pretty close to a wizard for these shots, so the transition wouldnt be that difficult. But i hate the lack of glide the ridge has for putting, and if the Sole is that right combo of glide and straightness, I might be able to justify dumping my mag/wiz combo that has been a bit frustrating for me as of late. Mostly due to the never ending search for "the ones that feel like the ones I like" .

Cliffs*
looking for a combo of putters for driving and putting work, hates all other vibram putters for putting, praying the Sole is the putter hes been looking for, so he can get his ridge/sole on
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment