DGA Titanic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DGA Titanic

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:55 am

DGA titanic. I saw someone playing with one and it was working. "Slightly overstable" is how its decribed online, would that mean like wizard or challenger stability? anyone know?
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:58 am

I bet it sinks like a rock. Probably not advisable to be used near water or ice.

Sorry, I had to. ;) :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Blake_T » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:57 pm

it's basically a magnet in ESP plastic.

it's similar stability to a challenger or wizard but doesn't have a whole lot of glide.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:00 pm

thats kind of what I expected, definately not a putter that would do justice for my putts.

The guy probably just knew his putter well. Something I need to start doing... (im really getting to know my bangers, but Im starting the process of switching back to wizards)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:42 am

The 150 class Titanics are killer for upshots, the fact they dont glide much makes missed upshots not to go too far, yet light enough to get 120' metal hitters easy peasy.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:09 am

I went to Play It Again Sports yesterday and picked up some used plastic...can you believe someone sold them two DX Valkyries that are about two weeks away from being great roller discs?! Now I just need to learn to throw them as rollers... :P

Anway, much to my suprise, they also had a large assortment of new plastic, including the Titanic. I was also surprised to find the disc is stiffer than I had imagined, and the plastic was almost shiny...though the disc was black, so that could be the cause of the shine. It also seemed to be of a smaller diameter, and domier than most other putters on the rack.

Just my observations, and please take them with a grain of salt, since I am teh n00b. ;)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Return to Equipment