Disc Golf Review Disc #3 - MVP Ions! (Order Sent)

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Golf Review Disc #3 - MVP Ions! (Order Sent)

Postby havasuDG » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Are there any of these ions left over or did I have to get in at the beginning? Not only are they beautiful but now Im falling in love with Ions.
havasuDG
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:06 pm

jubuttib wrote:@cmrichar: How the hell did you manage to get them here this fast? I wasn't expecting them for at least a week!

For my hand these are the grippiest IONs I've felt yet, slightly better than the opaque re-tooled ones. Can't wait to throw them!

How much grippier it is compared to a retooled soft 168? That should be flexier thus grippier than a full weight soft. Is it like hard P PD vs a medium hard tacky P PD? To which direction and how much does the core grippyness go from those plastics? I need a grippier Ion for the fall, winter and spring or i must switch putters to avoid 10' slips like i had in competition in pouring rain :evil: I've already used a P1 Maniac 175 and 167-169 soft APX for the laser lines that keep the height fairly well. Maniac being ok but worst in height keeping and dropping fast in the end. It is tacky enough, but the bugger is white so i need to color it for the winter. I've never gotten as much metal as i did with the Maniac on long putts in a round, but the lesser glide and harder fade meant, that none got in bah. APX is close enough in flight to the Ion i putt with, but i didn't putt as well on that day so less metal at longer ranges. If the grip is enough i think i will use the APX in cold and wet conditions unless the clear Ion is significantly grippier than my black non see through retooled soft 168 Ion.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:32 am

It's not a big difference, but it's a bit grippier than my 172 re-tooled soft.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Someth1ng » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:07 am

Skulboy wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't gotten them yet? I did the Goddamn stamp and I'm the last one to get them!

As you can probably tell the excitement of holding these bad boys is getting the better of me. That and too much coffee.

Not the only one, but I am in CA, so probably they will show up today. Dumbfounded that the overseas arrived as fast as they did, that is amazing.
Someth1ng
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Timko » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:08 am

The people who ordered more are getting theirs shipped UPS, which takes longer to get there. I got mine yesterday.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Someth1ng » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Yep mine showed up today. Beautiful discs. Thanks Timko, Skullboy and MVP for the Ions.

I am guessing yours will be there today
Someth1ng
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby havasuDG » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:25 pm

havasuDG wrote:Are there any of these ions left over or did I have to get in at the beginning? Not only are they beautiful but now Im falling in love with Ions.

Anyone?
havasuDG
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Teebird

Postby Powdertoast » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Got mine earlier in the week, love 'em. Thanks!
Cinderella story. Outta nowhere.... It looks like a mirac... It's in the chains!
Powdertoast
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Vector

Postby dgdave » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:01 pm

havasuDG wrote:
havasuDG wrote:Are there any of these ions left over or did I have to get in at the beginning? Not only are they beautiful but now Im falling in love with Ions.

Anyone?

99% sure there were only as many stamped as there were ordered.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby xare » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Leopard wrote:
xare wrote:I'm confused on why the 'disc' is the deepest groove/pit of the stamp though. Was that intentional?

it's an island on the die... not surrounded by metal like most everything else on the stamp. it gets slightly more pressure in stamping.

Thanks for the explanation, ZAM!
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Classic Cobra

Postby Skulboy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Someth1ng wrote:Yep mine showed up today. Beautiful discs. Thanks Timko, Skullboy and MVP for the Ions.

I am guessing yours will be there today

Oh Hell Yes!
Frickin' UPS guy made me wait till 6:30pm to get me my discs.
These things look and feel great. Can't wait to get them to the course. Tough decision on which one goes in the bag now.
Skulboy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: star valkyrie

Postby Beable » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Went and threw a round with the two DGR Ions I got instead of my old reliables. I'm very happy with these discs, and they were not hard to find in the woods. I especially like the blue soft I got, made several long forehand putts with it.
Beable
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Coldpunk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:05 am

Between ordering three of the dgr ions and winning the MVP facebook giveaway I decided to give them a shot at a spot in my bag. A real shot as a putter (was putting with rattlers), not just replacing my wizard which I really only carry for windy days/as a security blanket. After two rounds ions have putter duties. Maybe it's just bc the ice blue dgr stamp is magical but I was on fire with it.
Coldpunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Skulboy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 am

Coldpunk wrote: Maybe it's just bc the ice blue dgr stamp is magical but I was on fire with it.

You're welcome.
Skulboy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: star valkyrie

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 am

Played my first round with these today, instant main putting and driving putters. The stamp gives it that extra bit of mojo. Thanks Timko, guys at MVP and Skulboy.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements