help me out please

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

help me out please

Postby AbelRod » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:13 pm

i did the pred drill today to work on some nose issues and i can tell that im just inconsistent
what is wrong

first 3 vids are all z preds doing that drill
last 3 are full drives

Beat Challenger, comet, buzzz

first is an xl the rest preds

all nukes
Last edited by AbelRod on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NUKE, Pred, XL, Comet, Buzzz, Challenger
AbelRod
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: comet

Re: AbelRod, what do you see

Postby keltik » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 pm

you are swooping your arm. that is what I see anyway. It also appears from the camera angle that you are throwing nose up on many throws. this may be coming from the swooping.

point of irony: you throw all discraft but wear an innova shirt.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby MDP » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:15 pm

keltik wrote:you are swooping your arm. that is what I see anyway. It also appears from the camera angle that you are throwing nose up on many throws. this may be coming from the swooping.

This is the biggest thing I see too. Are you an ultimate player AbelRod? I lot of guys who transition from ultimate have that swooping, curved pull line. It works fine for ultimate discs, not as well for golf discs.
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Strong arming, swooping, airbounces, varying pull height from reach back to rip, left leg flailing in the air not in the Feldy way, hip tilts to the right, varying distance to the chest and maybe a need to get the elbow forward more even after you manage to create a pause in the body rotation.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AbelRod » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 am

Oh and a way to help but thank you so far

I do know about the air bounce and im not really happy about it and thats why im doin the pred drill

Jr is this on every throw, are there any specific bad throws/ good throws
NUKE, Pred, XL, Comet, Buzzz, Challenger
AbelRod
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: comet

Re: help me out please

Postby JR » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Left leg flail is on every throw. Your arm pull height varies on every drive in the reach back, center of body and rip height. On some drives you were late in starting the strong arming a bit, but it wasn't a late acceleration either :-) The waist tilt was too common and i think you should practice form, when you have rested yourself to 100 %. Then tightening the hip area muscles a bit you should be able to stay upright better. The pause is lacking big time and the elbow should get further out on each throw before straightening the arm.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique