Trick for nose down? AM I CRAZY!!!

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Trick for nose down? AM I CRAZY!!!

Postby Bradley Walker » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:19 pm

These guys arent really throwing with a lot a anny... But I can still see it...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby zj1002 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Correct it's not a pure anny. It is a nose down "dump" flip where the extreme nose down forces it over. I have messed around with throwing like that before but it wasn't relaible for me, as JR said things felt too tight. I do see what you mean about it with Avery. I have a picture of Feldy basically with a driver in full pivot as it comes off his right pec. That style is ideal for his driver heavy bag. It flips them up fast. I got similar results from my "trigger pull grip" experiments last year. I'll be revisiting that theory now that I have better concept of my timing and what is needed
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JR » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 am

Bradley Walker wrote:This might also explain why Feldberg almost appears to throw reverse underhanded... Like a reverse softball throw will standing nearly sidewise...

I threw some hyser flips today that went out faster and flipped sooner (indicating nose down). The nose is immediately down in flight... I was throwing the disc almost vertical and it flipped up in a matter of of a few yards. It's not a torque either... It's something to do with the disc to body angle... I know my flex shot is finally working after years of trying to get that "push left, roller coaster right to the pan flex" flight I have seen on videos...

With which discs do you flip to flat from nearly vertical in a few feet? I threw a Z Pred with forearm twist, when i tried this. It was a regular flat throw in every other aspect and the nose down was so extreme that the disc hit the ground something like 25' of flight in a steep dive and at that speed the disc made a sound unlike anything i've heard. It was impressive and comical at the same time :-) And hardly useful in anything but skip shots under branches that are so close to you.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Technique