Roc's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Roc's Bag

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Here is my bag this year so far. Throwing around 400 or a little more RHBH, and a really inconsistent 350 RHFH. Have a lefty BH that can go 350+ but not sure which direction most of the time so it gets used less and less. Trying to solidify the bag some, been experimenting a bit last few months and am sorta done with it.

Max D
Z Force- Headers, hyzers, short sidearm drives, have a couple in different stages of stability but usually only carry one
Flow trying out for understable D slot, probably will be most unused disc in bag

Drivers
Z Pred- losing some of the HSS, flies great, but am adding 1-2 more to the bag

(2-3x)S PD occasionally will add the P or C to the mix but doubtful since the P overlaps with the RR and the C w/ the pred

Star Roadrunner or TD Rush, havent thrown the Rush yet, so far RR beat out champ TL and SOLS

Mids
(2-4x)DX Rocs from pretty beat to new

Drone , not looking to carry this all the time, only on the windiest of days, would rather have a Zone/Hornet or Super roc combo, and power down on pred or XXX for everything else

Utility
XXX, yes overlap with the pred, to me its like another beefy pred, its way better for longer thumbers and flexed FH approaches, other than that it only gets used in spots where my pred might not have the stability of a new pred

Putting
(2-3x)Wizard- usually carry 1 for putting and one for drives and approaches

Magic- uphill, straddle and anny putts, pretty much everything inside 25-30 ft w/out an obscene wind

Soft VP- blowfly floppy, for short approaches and putts on hills when rolling cant happen, rarely used and not often in the bag

Needed an understable driver to go with my PDs, the P-PD wasnt cutting it. Threw rivers for a year, leos also, its about the speed i want but their LSS is too much. Need something for any turnovers over 325 or so, under that a roc or a sidearm shot will work.

Discs im testing for the understable fw slot-
175 Star RR-new
175 SOLS-new, so far its more stable than i wanted
170 Champ TL- new, pretty beefy, might revisit this mold in a lighter star plastic to help bridge the gap between Rocs and PDs
172 S-TD -new, havent thrown it much gonna try it out in the near future next to the RR and see what happens.

Also if Flows dont pan out Ill either put Nukes back in or give wraiths a try.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: Roc's Bag

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Roadrunner wins, TD out
Adding a light used GL flow to go along with the new opto
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:53 am

Tourney Saturday, course is pretty short generally, but most holes are under a canopy of trees throughout the fairway. So I think ill need a different setup. Lots of low ceiling, tunnel type shots, not a lot of huge bombs.

VP, Flow, and XXX likely will stay in the car. Also the Drone will prolly not be needed.

Z force
3 S PD (likely will reduce to 2 when i get there)
Star RR
Z Pred (mebe 2)
Pro Leo (maybe)

6-8 Rocs (likely be reduced after some warmup holes)
5x DX ranchos from overstable/new to thrashed and flippy
2x KC Pro one new, one 11x beat to crap for rollers
1 super roc '11 Asia Open way overstable, almost drone stable
we'll see which ones im feelin that morning.

3 Wizards - 2 Driver/approach 1 Putter
2 magics- one new, one beat, been my go to putter lately
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:19 pm

hopefully gonna acquire some a zone or 2 and mebe a new bag pending a trade, we shall see

setup is hopefully this for this coming weekend in the Kong

2x Z Force
2x Opto Flow

3x S-PD
2x Z Pred
1x Star RoadRunner

1x XXX

4x DX Ranchos
1x Zone

4x Wiz - 1 main putter, 1 main putter backup, 2 for approaches
2x Magic- 1 SS, 1 Organic proto

will likely drop 1 roc, 1 flow, 1 wiz and 1 magic at some point
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Grip bag and some discs otw, prolly gonna be the setup when the bag is in

Firm soft wiz
SS (dx feel) Magic
2x SS wiz for drives and upshots, one stable one straight

Z comet
2-3x Roc

2-3x SPD
Star Road Runner
1-2x Z Pred

ESP Zone
Opto xXx

Z Force
Opto Flow

15-18 discs (not sure how much you can cram into a grip bag)
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Well didnt get my comet yet, and I dont think ill need it for the course ill be hopefully playing this weekend in a tourney. Lots of open field type holes, likely some windier conditions. Not a ton of terrain or trees.

1x SS Magic , straddles, understable stuff
1x Soft Wiz main putter
2x SS wiz, both firmer, one straight to understable, one stable (likely will leave the stable one and take the other one out in favor of making room)

3x-4x Dx Ranchos beat to new
Z Hornet or Drone will prolly take both and then see how the wind is, I may not need either

Star Roadrunner
2x S-PD
C-PD
Z Pred
Opto xXx

Z Force
Opto Flow
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:57 pm

The current setup, happiest i've been with my bag in awhile. Im glad i could ditch the Drone, im not a huge fan of a disc like that, something you can just manhandle and not ever think about. I noticed throwing it was messing with my form and accuracy with my other mids, so I think that ill keep it handy for only the windiest of rounds, but mostly I just never want to have to throw it again. I like the Zone, its much slower, however it skips like crazy. I like using my pred for longer approaches that i would have previously reached for the drone, just throw it 60-80% power and for shots that the pred is too fast for, the zone will do. I like the flow, not super sold on it just yet, it seems to me that they arent that consistent in their flight from dis to disc. I have 3, 2 opto and a GL. The gl is lighter weight, and flippy as shit, just completely unusable outside of maybe long rollers. Newer opto will not turn from a fairly steep hyzer release, and seems to fight the fade when thrown flat or on a slight anny, just holds the turn for most of the flight. The other opto was used and i got it in a trade and it flies very well. But same thing as the other opto, hard to get the flight i want from a hyzer flip turnover type shot i like to throw when it wont turn. The only thing im thinking of adding at the moment is a pro leopard for a midrange shot that needs a lower line, the RR might eventually be good for this but IMO the leo will handle more power, which is what i need for this specific role, but i rarely throwthe RR for anything less than 325-350 thats not a roller. My putter, Roc and or comet can do most of that role reliably until about that distance.

Playing around with the Nuke SS, so far not digging it, if the flow gets to be something i dont like, ill prolly go back to destroyers or wraiths for max D

Dual Pack

2x wiz
1x Magic

4x Dx Roc
1x ESP Comet
1x Zone

1x xXx
2x Z Pred
2x S PD
1x RR

1x Flow
1x Z Force
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Got a Chimp, for more casual rounds and smaller courses.

Right now i have

Z Force
Eco S-DS

2x S-PD
Z Pred
Pro Leo

4x DX Roc new to beat

M Magic- putt and approach
Soft Wiz- putts
Organic Wiz- drives
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby fanter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 am

Does the S-DS do something that one of your Forces won't do?
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Pwingles » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:08 pm

I was hoping it would be longer and more workable, at the moment I am wrong, but the sds is pretty new so that may factor in to its stoutness, I'm putting the flow back in next time I go to a course where ill need it. At the moment I'm pretty comfortable throwing the PD at anything 450 and under. Except for that wild throw yesterday I've been pretty consistent w/ it at a good distance
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Tourney this weekend, longer course, lots of open holes, a couple tech holes.

Flow
Force

2x Z pred 1 beat, 1 newer
3x S PD beat, stable, overstable
RoadRunner

XXX , not sure if this will be in the bag for this weekends tourney, im sure i will bring it, but not sure if itll stay in the bag
Pro Leo/QJLS using for midrange/short straight w/ little fade shots on low lines, so far leo is better, but im planning on getting a stalker for this

3x Roc, 2 DX beat, new, 1 KC
ESP Comet
Zone

2x magic, main putter lately, and a backup im beating in
2x Wiz, driving wizard, putting wizard
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Hyzerline49 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:56 am

you should really try out a hurricane as a less stable compliment to your forces. i have been loving mine for huge turnovers and tailwind drives, as well as smooth hyzerflips even with lower power.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby Pwingles » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Not quite that time yet, but im going to try and piece together my cold weather/winter bag, but the focus of this bag will be to cover all the shots i use, while using as many molds that i already use or replace them with baseline counterparts that will fly similarly but have better grip, for example EX for SPD's DX Valks for my beat PD/RR, etc

Im thinking

P PD- Distance, maybe Pro D Force, or DX Destroyer depending on how grippy the P plastic is when cold/wet
FLX Pred (beat)- Stable Distance and Low power OS FW work
FLX pred (new)- HW/Utility

2x DX Eagle X main drivers, will likely have a 2 max weight and only carry one at first, then rotate one in
1x DX Valk

Dx rocs x2 fresh, and seasoned
X Comet, might have to add a roc if the X plastic is slick in the wet/cold
FLX drone

putters?? Right now im playing w/ the ION but im skeptical of the grip in the snow and extreme cold so I may throw the wiz in the bag for days like this, even if the ION makes the bag overall.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 am

Get yourself a couple of vibram putters. I have found they work pretty solid in the colder months.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Pwingles » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 am

slightly new setup

Z Force - mostly out of the bag in the cold for grip reasons
Pro Destroyer - going back and forth with this, and flows, but max D/open D is the slot least used disc in my bag

S-PD- main driver
S-PD- worn, less stable, still has a good fade tho
C-PD- more stability, little less d, also shorter thumbers
P-PD- S shots and slight turnovers

11x FB overstable driver
Glo Champ FB- longer, slightly less hss, but oddly better in a direct headwind, prolly dont need both

Champ Banshee- Tweener, tommies, thumbers, utility
Pro Gazelle- Tweener, longer roc shots with no ceiling, control drives

DX Rocs x2-5
Comet usually just one, either a worn x, or a fairly new Z
Drone, sort of overlaps with banshee but banshee is better at the overhand stuff and more workable

Challengers x 4, 2 putters, 2 throwers
Magnet soft, approaches, understable putting
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion