Disqualified after the round...

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disqualified after the round...

Postby Fritz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Interesting thing happen in a tournament over the weekend.

Player A, let's call him Johnny Forehand: Wins his division, happy cause it's his 3rd year in a row winning. Bragging yelling yada yada....lingering at the TD's table being rude, long story short gets in a tuff with the TD and tells the TD F him, who the F you think you are or something along those lines.

Back story for other events of the day involving Johnny Forehand. Earlier in the day Johnny Forehand was warned by a competitor for courtesy violation of foul language, which in turn causes Johnny Forehand to become made and threaten the other player, with statements like you better not miss step or break any rule, I'm watching you...you even jump once in excitement I'm calling a courtesy violation on you yada yada...Player B (Frankie Flyer) has worst round of life because he can't get it out of his head yada....Frankie Flyer turns in his card and informs TD of discretion and leaves to go home bummed out because he fell out of cash etc..

TD meets with State Coordinator, just so happens two board members of the PDGA are playing in the tournament (different divisions than Player A) they decide the DQ Player A for Section 3, 3.3 Player Misconduct. Player A, loses $725.00 winnings.

What is your take on this?
Tournament is over, cards are being counted, player gets DQ'd

Does Johnny have a case against the TD of the tournament for a wrongful DQ?

More back story, Johnny Forehand is known as a total jerk when playing and is currently on PDGA Probation.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: DQ after the round...

Postby keltik » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Does Johnny Forehand have a case for what?

EDIT: From the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about blizzards and hot dogs.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: DQ after the round...

Postby Fritz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 pm

keltik wrote:Does Johnny Forehand have a case for what?

EDIT: From the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about blizzards and hot dogs.

LOL
Sorry, Does Johnny have a case against the TD of the tournament for a wrongful DQ.

Edit: I love your Avatar!
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Re: Disqualified after the round...

Postby keltik » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks I've always liked yours as well. I never figured out how to get gifs to load.

and to the real topic: no I don't think this dude has a case. He got warned for courtesy during play and then he acted the douche to the TD and in front of PDGA board members. Douche + bad luck = FAIL
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Flipflat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:07 pm

If player A violated the rule, then what case does he have? Was he DQ'd on his reputation or how he acted during the tournament?

Harsh lesson, but sounds like he needed it.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Fritz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Flipflat wrote:If player A violated the rule, then what case does he have? Was he DQ'd on his reputation or how he acted during the tournament?

Harsh lesson, but sounds like he needed it.

Harsh and much needed lesson for sure. DQ'd per Competition Manual Rule 3.3 in Section 3. I think the TD just got fed up with his crap and made the call.

The interesting thing was it was while awards and cards were being calculated. No more players on the course.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby keltik » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

While true he did tell the TD to go F himself after all was said and done. eventually the hippies have to learn that telling "the man" to F himself will only F you in the end.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Fritz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Ron Swanson is KING!
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby money 21 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 pm

we had a guy get a sh!t hole stomped in him at are last doubles round here. let call him lefty idot. lefty is fond of screaming the f word if he screws up on the course. all the other player have warned him to stop but he does it one more time by a play ground. a guy there with his wife and kid say something to the effect of watch your mouth around the kidds. Lefty goes over and takes a swing at the dude with t kidds. left then get most of his teeth knock out by the dad. police are called and every other disc golfer stay to make sur that the police know that lefty threw the first punch. lefty is no longer welcome at doubles.

back to topic at hand if the prizes haven't been handed out then the event is still going. i wont shake the td hand, good call in my opinnion.
Last edited by money 21 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Trey133 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

But "Johnny Sidearm" didn't win 3 years in a row. He took 4th in 09 ;)
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Fritz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:32 am

Trey133 wrote:But "Johnny Sidearm" didn't win 3 years in a row. He took 4th in 09 ;)

lol.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby JHern » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:59 am

Fritz wrote:..."Johnny Sidearm"...

This story is so in-character for him...Rob was just talking about how he was going to "sue the PDGA." :lol: Seems like PDGA is often accommodating to him, after whining enough he usually gets his way. But if PDGA is really going to press this issue, they should be certain that they have their ducks in a row in terms of the official PDGA rules...I'm not at all certain that they do. And...if by "PDGA board members playing the tourney," you mean Avery, it's going to create yet another Rob-related soap opera in my neck of the woods (he recently relocated here).
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Fritz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:06 pm

JHern wrote:
Fritz wrote:..."Johnny Sidearm"...

This story is so in-character for him...Rob was just talking about how he was going to "sue the PDGA." :lol: Seems like PDGA is often accommodating to him, after whining enough he usually gets his way. But if PDGA is really going to press this issue, they should be certain that they have their ducks in a row in terms of the official PDGA rules...I'm not at all certain that they do. And...if by "PDGA board members playing the tourney," you mean Avery, it's going to create yet another Rob-related soap opera in my neck of the woods (he recently relocated here).

Avery and Peter Shive were playing.

It's always a soap opera where ever he goes. He even jumps the shit of people who were actually trying to defend him. The world is always out to get Rob.
I love how his story has no cussing and how he was a super victim etc...
He was already on the PDGA probation list for the player misconduct, so I doubt the PDGA sides with him on this.
But it's not my monkey. I played, I sucked I went home after the fireworks lol

EDIT: Good luck with him J, he's a handful.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby juju » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:26 pm

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62474

Pics of him freaking out or it didn't happen...
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Fritz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:19 pm

juju wrote:http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62474

Pics of him freaking out or it didn't happen...

I think a couple people had video. I didn't have my phone on when it happened or I woulda recorded it.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Next

Return to Rules Discussion