form vid

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

form vid

Postby osborne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:17 am

Wife and I went out yesterday and played 9, got here to tape my shots. Best drive of the day feeling wise was hole 17, at about the 2:18 mark, slowed it down some for better view of the shot. Let me know what you think.

http://s454.photobucket.com/albums/qq261/osborne_1008/?action=view&current=10-28-2011BradleyPark.mp4

edited for time stamp
xd-buzzz-meteor-drone-teebird-firebird-blizzard destroyer
Smooth is Fast-Fast is Far
osborne
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: xd

Re: form vid

Postby JR » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:46 am

I can't make much at all out of this video due to the camera shaking combined with the slowing down and not knowing, what you are trying to accomplish. I noticed that your follow through step goes way right at times. More than a mirror image of your x step to plant step. Meaning lost control and not directing all of your generated power into the direction of the throw=lost power on the disc with less than optimal distance.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby osborne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Ok, lets clarify a bit, that slowed down shot is a z buzzz shot thrown about 320 dead straight. That, for me, is a full power shot. From what I can see it looks like I don't get my weight forward as much as I can, my pull line looks lower than normal and I don't think I get into the power pocket enough. I guess what I want to accomplish is to have a very efficient throw. I might not throw the farthest but I want to get what I can out of my throw.
xd-buzzz-meteor-drone-teebird-firebird-blizzard destroyer
Smooth is Fast-Fast is Far
osborne
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: xd

Postby seabas22 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Looks like you are swooping the elbow down and not getting it forward of the shoulder. Also crouching the plant leg, limiting hips. It'd help to have more views from behind to see disc flight and also views from the throwing side.
Last edited by seabas22 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby Amateur » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Bradley park. Nice. You just made me homesick.
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby JHern » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 pm

I've seen this all the time, I do it myself a lot...basically you're not accelerating through a lot of your tee shots at the very end of the throw. I sense hesitance, or taking something off the throw, just as you're going into the hit. Your brain-body connection is trying to make some minor corrections at the last split second, and that isn't a good thing. Some throws are better than others, in this regard, at least on the video you showed.

Think of the final pop as being a sort of back-fisted punch directed exactly down the line you want to throw, and force your shoulders to lead and come all the way around, which will give you a more natural follow-through. A lot of the young guns force their off arms to come around and point in the direction of the throw, this is a good aiming mechanism, and couples well with those mechanics.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Video Critique