Disqualified after the round...

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disqualified after the round...

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:42 pm

but seriously fuck oregon.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Leopard » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:05 pm

capital O with tears coming out the sides
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby money 21 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 pm

i play in oregon and have to ask if it was nate bush who threw the fit? He showed up at random double in my home town one night got called for a falling putt and threw a fit, his partner was even like dude you step over the marker. What do you expect from a feldberge coached team? he is a magor whinner baby. But please no fuck oregon stickers fuck the ducks would be better.
Last edited by money 21 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby zj1002 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:57 am

money 21 wrote:i play in oregon and have to ask if it was nate bush who threw the fit? He showed up at random double in my home town one night got called for a falling utt and threw a fit, his partner was even like dude you step over the marker. What do you expect from a feldberge coached team? he is a magor whinner baby. But please no fuck oregon stickers fuck the ducks would be better.

ding ding ding
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby kern9787 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:31 pm

I was happy about this thread, then suddenly sad. I'm a huge Oregon football fan... :*( Could the fuckaduck stickers be specific to disc golf at least? ;)
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JHern » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Wow, I didn't know about this Oregon drama...it sounds like a huge embarrassment for their coach.

You see these kinds of personalities in just about every sport, but I think it always detracts from everybody else's experience. We really shouldn't tolerate it...it doesn't do anybody any good to let it pass.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby keltik » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:46 pm

save a duck, fuck a beaver
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:but seriously fuck oregon.

Oregon is one of the most beautiful states to live in and has top notch courses/tournaments- We have an ample supply of crybaby players though. :oops: If you play Dexter in Eugene you can literally hear people screaming in the wooded sections. Even the random draw doubles out there are crazy. There have been many instances of people missing one putt and having their partner talk shit to them during the round (It's 5 dollar random dubs for fucks sake.). I've even personally had other players try to get in my head during casual rounds when I'm shooting hot and they're not (these people weren't even in my group just a hole in front or behind me.) My ex actually quit playing disc golf because of her treatment at the courses and absolutely refused to play Dexter even when she played a lot. All of these factors and too many more to name are how I picked up the habit of wearing earbuds even during casual rounds. :)
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby money 21 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 pm

come up to the gorge the players are much cooler. i won't play south of the portland area except in tourney any more because of the cry baby crap from the eugene guys. Dexter is the worst but peir can be bad on the weekend also.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Leopard » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 am

So what, there's a market IN OREGON for my Fuck Oregon stamp? Nice.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby JHern » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm

money 21 wrote:come up to the gorge the players are much cooler. i won't play south of the portland area except in tourney any more because of the cry baby crap from the eugene guys. Dexter is the worst but peir can be bad on the weekend also.

Dexter sounds bad. I'm very happy that my local crew truly believes in Steady Ed's philosophy: most fun wins.

Pier Park had a lot of weird stuff going on last time I played there...the group ahead of us was damaging the baskets (stepping up and jumping on the basket rims, bending them). When I confronted them, their girlfriend got in my face saying I should "just chill out and get into the vibe like everybody else" and "dude, what is your problem, why are you harassing us" and that I was just "trying to start a fight." I was shocked, but my brother (Portland local) tells me that this is typical for Portland...maybe there are too many "Trust-afarians" in that town. If they had been doing that on my home course, I can assure you that there would be blood.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby mark12b » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:12 pm

I've played with a lot of super-nice Oregon golfers, and can't recall seeing any poor behavior first-hand. But, that said... something about the vibe down there has kept me away from tourneys the past few years. More serious? More competitive?
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:46 pm

all this in Oregon? really? I guess hippies breed douchebags.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Bombmk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:18 pm

JHern wrote:... and that I was just "trying to start a fight." ...

If we saw someone do that at our course I am not sure there would be any trying. Guess there could be a use for those steelrimmed katanas we have been joking about on some holes. :)

Man, I got seriously pissed just reading that...
Bombmk
Noob

Favorite Disc: Westside Swan 2

Postby money 21 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 pm

i only play pier for the big tourneys now, rose city and the NAAC. Head east tree top in The Dalles and north bonnie they are sweet and have cool dude and chics playing. if the jumping on the basket shit happened out here we would put that to an end real quick. In oregon the courses with locals to avoid are pier and dexter most of the rest don't have that vibe.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Rules Discussion