Almost got a yellow GL instead
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Go with the FLOW

Postby JR » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Without seeing the side profile about dome height and PLH i can only second, what what said :-) Or was it whatwhatwhat from Southpark? :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ForeverBlue232 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 pm

I had a domey GL Flow that was purple in color with gray swirls in it. It flew exactly like I'd want a domey Opto Flow to season into. I really liked that disc...until I lost it. Are all of the domey GL's flying the same, regardless of color. I want to get another GL Flow, but I want to make sure it will be like the one that I had before.
JimW wrote:If the answer isn't PD you asked the wrong question.

**Flow**Northman**Amp**PD**Stag**Drone**Wasp**Mace**Suspect**Tangent**Anode**
ForeverBlue232
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Booter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 pm

I know domey white gls are beefy so thats prob not what u want
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby what'shisname » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:17 pm

My gl flows, all yellow, are perfect complements to my domey opto flows. The gl's are definitely not as domey as the optos though, definitely not as stable or reliable into a wind as the optos.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:02 pm

The domey Opto are sneaky long. They glide forward through the fade much more than a destroyer. They have more turn than a destroyer, but have enough LSS to pull out of the turn. Ton of glide too. I was throwing them again my destroyers and thinking they were close, but the flows were consistently 30ft further. I can't throw 450-470 on command anymore. I'm about 410-420 with my destroyers now, but i was pushing 440-450 with these flows.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby GripEnemyS2K » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Booter wrote:I know domey white gls are beefy so thats prob not what u want

i just got my first white GL anything (its a river) and its UBER slick. like crazy not-grippy. you or anyone else familiar with this?
Rampage/Cannon | xXx | OLF | JLS | Drone | Cobra | Focus
GripEnemyS2K
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Cobra

Postby Dag » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

GripEnemyS2K wrote:i just got my first white GL anything (its a river) and its UBER slick. like crazy not-grippy. you or anyone else familiar with this?

Replaced out a lost lightweight GL River with a white one just recently and have not noticed any grip difference compared to my other GL discs. Have you tried a soap and warm water bath to eliminate the possibility of mold release or somesuch?
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby GripEnemyS2K » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Dag wrote:Replaced out a lost lightweight GL River with a white one just recently and have not noticed any grip difference compared to my other GL discs. Have you tried a soap and warm water bath to eliminate the possibility of mold release or somesuch?

yessir, no luck. most slick disc ive ever held in my entire life - any plastic/any company. not sure if i just abuse it a little itll lose that or not but ive been thinkin about it. its also my 5th in line for my GL rivers, so its not like ill need to throw it before 2013 anyway (knock on wood).
Rampage/Cannon | xXx | OLF | JLS | Drone | Cobra | Focus
GripEnemyS2K
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Cobra

Postby ForeverBlue232 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:10 am

what'shisname wrote:The gl's are definitely not as domey as the optos though, definitely not as stable or reliable into a wind as the optos.

The purple w/gray swirl GL Flow I had was just as domey as my domey Opto. It was fantastic because it had the same glide as the Opto, but was just a little less stable. It was kind of like a de-flashed Opto that's been used for a few rounds. I may experiment until I get down to Clearwater next, sometime this summer. I've only ever seen the blue be flat. What colors are the most domey in Flows?
JimW wrote:If the answer isn't PD you asked the wrong question.

**Flow**Northman**Amp**PD**Stag**Drone**Wasp**Mace**Suspect**Tangent**Anode**
ForeverBlue232
Tree Magnet

Postby what'shisname » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am

ForeverBlue232 wrote:
what'shisname wrote:The gl's are definitely not as domey as the optos though, definitely not as stable or reliable into a wind as the optos.

The purple w/gray swirl GL Flow I had was just as domey as my domey Opto. It was fantastic because it had the same glide as the Opto, but was just a little less stable. It was kind of like a de-flashed Opto that's been used for a few rounds. I may experiment until I get down to Clearwater next, sometime this summer. I've only ever seen the blue be flat. What colors are the most domey in Flows?

I've always found my GL's to have more glide than the Optos. I'm happy to hear there are other domey GL's though. The yellow ones I have are great, but I really didn't like the flat blue one I had.

Still loving the flows overall.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am

ForeverBlue232 wrote:

Those weird purple/grey/lavender ones are the best GLs. I've tried flat blues (really flippy), medium dome yellows(pretty darn flippy), domey white (too stable and slow imo), and then the ones mentioned above. I think we still have some @cdgs.

I think those domey GLs have just about as much HSS as the domey Optos, but with less LSS.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby what'shisname » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Now I want to try these purpleygreylavendar discs. Send me two!
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MizzouTiger26 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:15 pm

discspeed wrote:
ForeverBlue232 wrote:

Those weird purple/grey/lavender ones are the best GLs. I've tried flat blues (really flippy), medium dome yellows(pretty darn flippy), domey white (too stable and slow imo), and then the ones mentioned above. I think we still have some @cdgs.

I think those domey GLs have just about as much HSS as the domey Optos, but with less LSS.

Would these be the ones listed as silver on cdgs?
PD~PD2~Quasar~Stalker~11xBanshee~Fuse~Axis~Gator~P2
MizzouTiger26
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:19 pm

MizzouTiger26 wrote:
discspeed wrote:
ForeverBlue232 wrote:

Would these be the ones listed as silver on cdgs?

I'm not positive. I'll be in there soon and I'll let you know for sure.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment