"Disc Golf Live" on TV

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

"Disc Golf Live" on TV

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 am

So I am getting an MRI today so I had to go back to my moms house. I had an hour to kill and she just has the most basic cable plan in the world so I just turned on the tv to channel 2 and was going to go up from there and hope I could find something. Well, I accidentally hit down and she gets random local channels and on channel 994-1, which is a lake mills, wisconsin local channel, Disc Golf Live is on. I know it is just some shit local channel, but it was still cool.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: "Disc Golf Live" on TV

Postby Mark Ellis » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:58 am

rusch_bag wrote:So I am getting an MRI today so I had to go back to my moms house. I had an hour to kill and she just has the most basic cable plan in the world so I just turned on the tv to channel 2 and was going to go up from there and hope I could find something. Well, I accidentally hit down and she gets random local channels and on channel 994-1, which is a lake mills, wisconsin local channel, Disc Golf Live is on. I know it is just some shit local channel, but it was still cool.

Disc Golf Live's niche is public access cable TV stations. Local cable companies have a duty to provide these channels, with free access to programming from the community. Any disc golfer can contact Disc Golf Live and learn how to get DGL shows broadcast in their locality.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby keltik » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 am

Holy shit I just found they have it in Laurens County SC (just south of Greenville)!!!!! a;lkrjewqopijvknc,.xzmngfp184293yuhfdfs;jnvcxlkm
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Disc Golf Live » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:
Disc Golf Live's niche is public access cable TV stations. Local cable companies have a duty to provide these channels, with free access to programming from the community. Any disc golfer can contact Disc Golf Live and learn how to get DGL shows broadcast in their locality.

True dat. Drop me a line if seeing DG on your local TV station sounds good to you.
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby bcr123psu » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:55 pm

The crappy mom 'n pop cable company in my region had a "reporter" come out to a tournament I ran last April and they ran the coverage on their sports program. I haven't seen it yet. I never got around to ponying up the $15 for a DVD.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Disc Golf Live » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 am

bcr123psu wrote:The crappy mom 'n pop cable company in my region had a "reporter" come out to a tournament I ran last April and they ran the coverage on their sports program. I haven't seen it yet. I never got around to ponying up the $15 for a DVD.

What's the station? Happy to provide free DG programming if the station rules allow (many do).

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby bcr123psu » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Service Electric: http://www.sectv.com/ (Lehigh Valley Region)

I have my cable through RCN though. If you can get it on their access station, that would be awesome: http://www.rcn.com/lehigh-valley/
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Disc Golf Live » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi, BCR -

I dropped a note to the folks at RCNtv, thanks for the heads up. You might want to sent a note yourself asking about more DG coverage. DGM is already on the schedule, so they know about the sport. I gave them a link to a page where they can download Disc Golf Live at no cost if they like that option, or I'll send them DVDs upon request. I'll keep you posted i I get any feedback.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby Disc Golf Live » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 am

I've sent the latest episode of DGL to stations and local program submitters across the country. Always happy to set folks up with DVD copies or free downloads to submit for broadcast locally. Lots of local/community/public access stations out there, but we could use more golfers on the local end to submit the program for broadcast.

We also welcome video contributions to DGL, so if you have a story to share, let us know. There are great tales to be told about disc golf, and we'll share yours with millions of potential viewers across the country.

Episode 46 kicks off with action from the Capital City Renegades' 2011 CCR Open, taped at a newly installed course called the Devil's Den in Holt, MI. We'll follow the lead Open group through the final round, with a break to catch up with the top Women and Masters along the way. Action then switches to the nation's top amateurs as we wrap up our series from last summer's US Amateur National Championship from the Toboggan course in Milford, MI. Our shows are on Youtube, here are the links for this episode:

Part 1: http://youtu.be/UNpNxstNwSU

Part 2: http://youtu.be/1xO3GlggVPw

Lots of great golf off the lead cards in both events this episode, and the gals and geezers in the first bit have some outstanding shots as well, Mark Ellis and his near black ace experience included.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby BradC » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Send anything to Philly area Comcast?

I'd love to see more DG on my TV!
BradC
Noob

Postby bcr123psu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Or RCN in the Lehigh Valley?
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Disc Golf Live » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Brad, the easiest way for you to know your options is to check out your station line-up and look for information on the local access stations. Try to get a contact person or website by watching for awhile if you find a station.

I've sent info to the RCN folks, BCR. Did you follow up with any contacts? Its usually far easier to get action when someone locally gets involved.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby bcr123psu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Almost everyone I've ever had to deal with (key words, had to) at RCN has been more useless than tits on a bull. That said, I can look into it. I'll see what I can do.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Disc Golf Live » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:31 am

Disc Golf Live # 50 is in the hands of our broadcast partners and stations across the country. Below are youtube links for online viewing. This milestone episode kicks off coverage of the 2012 PDGA World Disc Golf Championship from Charlotte, NC, including early and final round action among the master and grandmaster professional women, and several junior and senior divisions. The Guardians of Recreation have provided a comprehensive tutorial called How Discs Fly, certain to entertain and enlighten. Finally, Disc Golf Me TV brings us more of the story from Charlotte and an interview with Ken Climo, disc golf's most legendary champion.

Part 1: http://youtu.be/chHBty14tLc

Part 2: http://youtu.be/dWlpCDhjlxY

If you have community or public access TV in your town, look into what it takes to get involved and provide a show for broadcast. Our program DVDs are free, as are downloads from PEGmedia.org. If you'd like to see your video creation featured on a future episode, we're happy to help you share your story with an ever expanding disc golf community.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion