Clinics local to San Diego, Riverside or Orange County

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Clinics local to San Diego, Riverside or Orange County

Postby Cuthahotha » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:12 am

I've about crossed my eyes with videos.

I'm getting consistent throws with my cute little Leopard out around 300' or so. I don't have a real target, but I think i'm getting up and down (aiming at trees) from 100' with fair consistency. It's hard to tell, but probably 50% of the time.

I'd like to get into a clinic somewhere in So Cal. Is there a global list of upcoming clinics or does anyone know of any happening in the near future in So Cal. San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange County are closest, but LA would be cool too.

About a target. I've exausted craigslist for used portables, and have pretty much figured out that I need to build a couple of semi portable targets. Anyone know good plans for one. I've seen a few on youtube and the web. I think I've got a pretty good handle on how I'll build one, by combining ideas from several.

Thanks,
Steve
Cuthahotha
Noob

Favorite Disc: None yet

Re: Clinics local to San Diego, Riverside or Orange County

Postby bigrocc01 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Haven't been on here in a while, but if you need a clinic in SoCal check out Philo Barthoway he has a website or contact Steve Rico at 19th hole sports in Sylmar. Both these guys do private and group clinics and a couple times a yr at Oak grove.
bigrocc01
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flick

Postby x-out » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:01 pm

i think the la mirada disc golf club hosts clinics once a month. checkout their facebook page for details. dave d. will occasionally show up and lend a few pointers to the clinic.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby Dookville » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:48 pm

La Mirada is done with clinics for the year, they've only been running them in the summer months. Philo's classes are a good bet and they post them on the Oak Grove website as well.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby TeamPhilo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 am

Hi Steve!
Philo has a Clinic coming up in Vista, CA on March 10th.

TeamPhilo
Noob

Return to General Discussion