Charlotte 2012 Pro/Am Worlds courses announced. . .

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Charlotte 2012 Pro/Am Worlds courses announced. . .

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:05 pm

If the Charlotte team does indicate a new set of course combinations for divisions, it will be one of the first times it's been done before the new year. Normally, the first draft of a schedule isn't posted until March. So anything before that is bonus. If you argue that players need to know because they might be traveling there, that's not unreasonable. On the other hand, the intent is not to give locals an overly unfair advantage. So keeping some things secret until closer to the event isn't a bad thing in the interest of fair competition.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 pm

yeah can't let those locals play those courses they are gonna play anyway over the next 9 months.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Thus, the special Worlds layouts planned on some of the courses.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:23 pm

how much can they really change? honestly. and you dont think they will tell the other locals "hey this will be the set up for worlds." ??
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!

Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:29 pm

I don't know what they'll say. When we hosted Worlds we tested the layouts including alternates and then picked the best tee/pin combinations. Locals only sort of knew the possibilities. But in some cases the holes couldn't be played except when the course was reconfigured for Worlds. Several of the Charlotte courses have options and locals will play them in test events. Whether the leaders tip their hand more than a month before Worlds will be up to them.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JHern » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Chuck Kennedy wrote:If the Charlotte team does indicate a new set of course combinations for divisions, it will be one of the first times it's been done before the new year. Normally, the first draft of a schedule isn't posted until March. So anything before that is bonus. If you argue that players need to know because they might be traveling there, that's not unreasonable. On the other hand, the intent is not to give locals an overly unfair advantage. So keeping some things secret until closer to the event isn't a bad thing in the interest of fair competition.

This is not advisable. Secrecy will only continue to bring more grief and much gnashing of teeth. I know this well from experience.

Just trying to be helpful. Maybe you can pass along the word, Chuck. Information is something to be broadly disseminated, not something to be controlled and manipulated.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Regardless if the final pin configurations on some courses aren't determined until a month before the event, it won't necessarily help those who have passed thru town and the pins weren't in those positions at the time. Plus, some temp tees and pins may not be able to be put in place until the week before Worlds when the course site is reserved. It's not that info would be kept secret as much as it is a few courses sometimes not being set in the Worlds config until close to the event, independent from any effort to keep the locals from having an advantage. Not saying any of these delays would necessarily happen at Charlotte. Just that they have at various times in previous Worlds.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Tournaments