ZJ9000 throws some drives

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: ZJ9000 throws some drives

Postby Bradley Walker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:24 am

Your "pre set" is perfect.

The positions you achieve in the "pre set" during your X step... PERFECT!!!

Then you never go through those positions again... Pure strong arming...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:57 am

If zj is really strong arming that much, imagine how far he could throw if he used his body more...
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby zj1002 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 pm

I guess I strong arm flat shots out 500ft
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:Your "pre set" is perfect.

The positions you achieve in the "pre set" during your X step... PERFECT!!!

Then you never go through those positions again... Pure strong arming...

No. He is not throwing 500' on a strong arm. He wouldn't have a shoulder left by now.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:55 pm

zj1002 wrote:I guess I strong arm flat shots out 500ft

Kinda what I was thinking
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 am

zj1002 wrote:I guess I strong arm flat shots out 500ft

Certainly doable... You wouldn't be the first person to throw far by throwing very hard. Some people are simply stronger and faster than others...

I was commenting on your positions, not your ability to throw far. If you compare yourself to Avery you will see that he attains positions in his throw that mimic the pre-shot in the run up (which you appear to be doing almost the same as Avery). Your throwing and hit positions are radically different than Avery's (for example)...

I'm not really understanding posting a video in the critique section and then respond to a critique by saying how far you already throw, seems counter productive to me, but to each his own!!!
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby zj1002 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 am

I do appreciate your response Brad. I was just being somewhat sarcastic with the way other people responded to your post.

I was reaching pretty far back, with Avery watching, and knowingly strong arming. My pre-shot routine is very similar to Averys. I definitely see where me and him are radically different. I have been doing a lot of working on not having my arm break downward which was causing a lot of nose up. I do agree that I rely on my personal strength because I grew up playing a ton of throwing sports.

I already know what I am doing wrong and understand it. That was the first time I had ever seen my arm breaking downward and I didn't know it was that extreme(same with my shoulder dip). I know that I don't have an active leg kick because I never worked on it extensively. I think that pretty much sums up everything I am doing wrong.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:22 pm

zj1002 wrote:I do appreciate your response Brad. I was just being somewhat sarcastic with the way other people responded to your post.

I was reaching pretty far back, with Avery watching, and knowingly strong arming. My pre-shot routine is very similar to Averys. I definitely see where me and him are radically different. I have been doing a lot of working on not having my arm break downward which was causing a lot of nose up. I do agree that I rely on my personal strength because I grew up playing a ton of throwing sports.

I already know what I am doing wrong and understand it. That was the first time I had ever seen my arm breaking downward and I didn't know it was that extreme(same with my shoulder dip). I know that I don't have an active leg kick because I never worked on it extensively. I think that pretty much sums up everything I am doing wrong.

Sounds real good!!!

Sarcasm can get lost on the Internet!!! I'm not sure what the other people were posting. I didn't go back and read those posts.

The best way to change that is to throw very smooth and hit all the positions and very slowly work back up to hard snaps. Soft arm in wrist down...
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby himynameismatt » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:03 am

Can really see the Avery influence in your form which is interesting to me. That's all I got, hard to critique someone who throws over 60-70ft further than you.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Previous

Return to Video Critique