Disqualified after the round...

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disqualified after the round...

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:15 pm

money 21 wrote:i only play pier for the big tourneys now, rose city and the NAAC. Head east tree top in The Dalles and north bonnie they are sweet and have cool dude and chics playing. if the jumping on the basket shit happened out here we would put that to an end real quick. In oregon the courses with locals to avoid are pier and dexter most of the rest don't have that vibe.

Exactly. I've been in Eugene for years and I've played Adair, Bryant Park, Milo, and many other courses more than I've played Dexter(even though it's 15 miles from my house.) Cottage Grove has been pretty fun for a course close to Eugene. Sladden park in Eugene is the real hidden gem though. 8)
Challengers-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-Wraiths-Destroyers
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby juju » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 pm

I think the pDGA suspended the dude that got DQed for a year.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Fritz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:27 am

From his Facebook Page:
Robert Ryan
its official... i am suspended from pdga for one year..i could give a fuck pdga...they expect ME to publicly apologize to that piece of shit, before im allowed back....that will never happen..lol...

EDIT: Glad he'll never apologize, without that apology = no reinstatement.. He is so bad for the sport.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby pietrocrespi » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Awesome, he's my new favorite.
pietrocrespi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby keltik » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:13 pm

if he's banned can he still play lower tiered tourneys?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Fritz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 pm

PDGA wrote:Suspension:
A player who is placed on suspension by the PDGA shall forfeit all rights and privileges granted to members of the organization
for the length of term specified. These forfeited rights include, but are not limited to:
• Playing in any PDGA sanctioned events.
• Officiating in any PDGA sanctioned events.
• Directing any PDGA sanctioned events.
• Voting in PDGA elections.
• Holding any PDGA offices.
If a player is found to have violated the terms of the suspension, that player risks permanent loss of their PDGA membership.

I assume no PDGA Sanctioned tournaments and or events.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby jenb » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 am

I noticed that the suspension says they lose membership rights and priveleges, including the right to compete in pdga sanctioned events. But non-members are able to compete in non-majors if the TD allows it. In contrast, members have the right to compete, which means that the TD cannot refuse them entry if the tournament is not filled. So they give up the "right" to compete that membership conveys, but that's not necessarily the same thing as saying that a TD will be sanctioned for allowing a suspended member to compete in their B tier or C tier event. Is there another rule that specifically addresses that issue?
:p
jenb
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: judge

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 am

The suspended player isn't a non-member, they are a suspended member. Meaning they cannot play a PDGA sanctioned event. If the TD lets them play, the TD runs the risk of getting non-sanctioned.
That would piss off a lot of players. When you sanction a tournament the PDGA sends you a list of suspended players and players on probation, so the TD couldn't claim they didn't know.

Is that what you mean?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby pdiddy71 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 pm

I think the question is if the pdga member is suspended, what if they dropped their membership and tried to enter as a non-pdga member? would the suspension still be in effect if that person was no longer a pdga member?
pdiddy71
Noob

Favorite Disc: valkyrie / wasp

Postby keltik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Fritz wrote:The suspended player isn't a non-member, they are a suspended member. Meaning they cannot play a PDGA sanctioned event. If the TD lets them play, the TD runs the risk of getting non-sanctioned.
That would piss off a lot of players. When you sanction a tournament the PDGA sends you a list of suspended players and players on probation, so the TD couldn't claim they didn't know.

Is that what you mean?

yeah that's what I meant. I don't know about anyone else.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JHern » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Still, there are a lot of non-PDGA sanctioned tournaments...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Kscustom » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Him and his little dog too! Lol
Kscustom
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flash

Postby jenb » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:12 am

Fritz wrote:The suspended player isn't a non-member, they are a suspended member. Meaning they cannot play a PDGA sanctioned event. If the TD lets them play, the TD runs the risk of getting non-sanctioned.

Is that what you mean?

Where in the sanctioning agreement does it say that the TD agrees to refuse entry to suspended members? I expect there must be something somewhere, but all I've seen that the TDs are obligated to do is not refuse entry to members, send the pdga $10 for every non-member who competes in a B or C-tier, refuse entry to non-members in A-tiers, majors, and NTs, enforce the PDGA rules of play, and get the results in by the end of the year.

I guess it's just the lawyer in me, but on it's face, the rule doesn't say that the suspended member can't compete in any tournaments. It says he loses the rights and privileges of PDGA membership. So that would seem to mean that he stands on the same footing as any non-member.
:p
jenb
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: judge

Postby Kscustom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:52 am

Fritz wrote:
PDGA wrote:Suspension:
A player who is placed on suspension by the PDGA shall forfeit all rights and privileges granted to members of the organization
for the length of term specified. These forfeited rights include, but are not limited to:
• Playing in any PDGA sanctioned events.
• Officiating in any PDGA sanctioned events.
• Directing any PDGA sanctioned events.
• Voting in PDGA elections.
• Holding any PDGA offices.
If a player is found to have violated the terms of the suspension, that player risks permanent loss of their PDGA membership.

I assume no PDGA Sanctioned tournaments and or events.

I'm no lawyer. But that first bullet says it all. It does say all rights an privileges but goes on to spell out 5 of the rights. If you as a lawyer would want to argue the privileges that are not listed I would be glad to hear the case. But the quote above is clear as can be if you ask me. Loss of rights to include but not limited to playing any Pdga sanctioned event.

If its not that simple its No wondrer nobody understands law
Kscustom
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flash

Postby juju » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

I think they permaban you if you play a pDGA event while suspended.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

PreviousNext

Return to Rules Discussion