Any of you guys ski/snowboard?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Any of you guys ski/snowboard?

Postby Trey133 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:34 am

Its getting pretty close to season here on the east coast. I know some northeastern spots have already opened for weekends (Killington).

Any of you guys get into Skiing or Snowboarding during our wintery offseason?
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Any of you guys ski/snowboard?

Postby bcr123psu » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 am

This guy is. Like everything else in my life, I don't really have too much time to do it, but I ski when I can. Best ski trip I've had so far was a week in Park City. I'm definitely not saying that's the best skiing there is, but I had a blast. I'm going to be taking my two-year old skiing this winter.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Trey133 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 am

I still haven't ventured west but I would like to get up to Heavenly, or any of the resorts up that way. Oddly enough, I fell in love last year when I was living up in Boone. I am head over heels for it and although I have only been skiing east coast stuff I still can't wait for the season to start.
Trey133

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 am

I snowboard. Usually hit up Smugglers Notch / Stowe a couple times a yr. I went to school in VT for a couple yrs so I've got friends up there to crash with. Maybe a couple day trips here and there to southern vt. Magic mtn on powder days.

Just bought a new board this season. I haven't had a new board in about 5 yrs. Pretty excited about that.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby jubuttib » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:37 am

Been skiing since I was 6 years old and snowboarded for a few years on the side. Our small town had a small local ski resort (though I hesitate to use that term) a walking distance away, and I probably got in about 10 hours per week on average during the season for around 10 years. Been slow since I moved away though, it ain't exactly cheap around here, especially since I have to pay for transport now. Still love it though, especially Telemark.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Trey133 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:43 am

I'm planning a trip up to Stowe next year for my 25th!
Trey133

Postby what'shisname » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 am

Skiing has been my number one passion since I was 4 years old. I live on the doorstep of the Rocky mountains and there are plenty of great resorts around within a short drive. I've slowed down a lot since having kids, but we got my oldest girl out on skis last year and we're going to hit it hard with her this year and get her in some lessons. My youngest girl is 2 1/2 but we might even try her out on the skis a little this year as she's pretty athletic and might pick it up okay.

I've got a few trips lined up already, a family trip to Fernie and another catskiing trip lined up with a good group of buddies the week after. January's going to be great. Let the snow pile up! :mrgreen:
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby what'shisname » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 am

I actually just picked up some skis for my oldest girl yesterday. She loves them.

what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby what'shisname » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

what'shisname wrote:I've got a few trips lined up already, a family trip to Fernie and another catskiing trip lined up with a good group of buddies the week after. January's going to be great. Let the snow pile up! :mrgreen:

The cat ski trip was sofucking good. Waist deep pow and some great terrain. This weekend is the family trip and we're headed to fernie. They've just had the hugest snowfall there, 150cm in 2 days!! Crazy.

Here's a video from yesterday on the hill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOm5kSysvI&sns=em

Can't seem to embed it from my phone. Click on the link if you like snow. So fuckin sick.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.