Axis of Evil

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby cmrichar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Interesting, there was no difference between runs from the ones we sent to PDGA and our first runs. One thing that makes me wonder is that I measured 21.7cm (same as the Vector) to the PDGA but it was approved as 21.8cm. No big deal, just an observation.
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby turso » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:28 am

Yeah, my suspicion of PDGA measuring is somewhat validated.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Fazor » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:50 pm

So how does the axis compare to the buzzz ss ?
Boss, Firebird, SOLF, Teebird, Leopard, Z Buzzz, Warlock

Lifetime Disc Sports
Fazor
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Oshkosh, WI

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby discspeed » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:43 am

The Buzzz SS is faster and less glidey than the Axis. Overall stability is pretty similar, but I feel like the Axis has an earlier and more forward fade, where the SS fades later and pretty much dumps. The SS moves laterally quite a bit faster in flight as well.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Jewdy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Just got out and threw my 176, flat, clear Axis for the first time and I am kind of in love. It goes straight and just when you think it is gonna start to fade it goes straight some more. The fade on the disc is almost non existent. It actually just moves just slightly to the right (LHBH) while staying parallel to the ground and traveling forward. I haven't played a round with it in the bag yet so I am trying not to get my hopes up to much but I have to say that I am impressed with MVP. I cant wait for MVP to come out with a teebird like fairway driver.
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby kern9787 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 am

I haven't been able to throw much since I got my axis until this last weekend, but I have to say the domey pink is growing on me despite not being what I envisioned for an axis. Right now it reminds me of a roc that has just been used enough to start losing its LSS. Practically no turn and a nice, subtle fade. I've hardly had the opportunity to use my vector.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Abilene, Tx

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Jewdy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 am

I have had a chance to play quite a few rounds with my Axis now and get a more thorough evaluation. As the disc has broken in it has turned into almost strictly a no wind, tail wind flat to anhyzer disc. I love the glide on the disc but it is very sensitive to torque and headwinds of any kind. It is definitely staying in my bag but I think the domey pinks sound more like the disc I was hoping this one would be.
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Jewdy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:01 am

Check that. The Axis(bloody and bruised) crawled on its knees to ropes to tag in the Z Comet.
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Mike C » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:48 pm

So my new flat, red glow Axis is officially the straightest disc I've ever thrown. Throw after throw I'm able to toss it anywhere from 80-380' and have it just go dead straight. I've never had a disc that I can throw 10 times at ~350' and have it fade off the line less than 5 feet every single time with 0 turn, it's just ridiculous how accurate this disc is. It glides out so nice on a hyzer line. I've been working my glow Axis' on hyzers and haven't carried Vectors that past two days I've thrown and it's been a lot of fun.

I also noticed something about the Axis today that I've never seen on another disc. If you look on the top of the overmold there's a tiny, tiny bead. Never noticed it before but now I'm wondering if it contributes to how straight it flies.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 am
Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby discspeed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:02 am

Mike C wrote:So my new flat, red glow Axis is officially the straightest disc I've ever thrown. Throw after throw I'm able to toss it anywhere from 80-380' and have it just go dead straight. I've never had a disc that I can throw 10 times at ~350' and have it fade off the line less than 5 feet every single time with 0 turn, it's just ridiculous how accurate this disc is. It glides out so nice on a hyzer line. I've been working my glow Axis' on hyzers and haven't carried Vectors that past two days I've thrown and it's been a lot of fun.

I also noticed something about the Axis today that I've never seen on another disc. If you look on the top of the overmold there's a tiny, tiny bead. Never noticed it before but now I'm wondering if it contributes to how straight it flies.


I really liked my red Eclipse Axis last night as well...It flew a little more HSS than my seasoned FR, but without as much LSS that my FR had when new.

I'm not sure what you mean about a bead on the top of the overmold...Are you talking about where the overmold meets the flight plate?
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Apothecary » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:34 am

hey its tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum, the MVP bumpers! nice to see you guys again!

dicspeed you still think overstable mids are useless?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:35 am
Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Mike C » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 pm

discspeed wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about a bead on the top of the overmold...Are you talking about where the overmold meets the flight plate?


No, just before the two pieces meet there is a tiny little bead looking thing going around the top of the disc. Just something I hadn't noticed before, no idea if its integral to the overall design or just a by product of the way they make their discs. This photo should make it clear. I see it on FR, non FR and glow, and a slightly more subtle version on my vectors. Doesn't seem to be on my Ions.

http://i.minus.com/iyAlky7wcbipI.jpg
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 am
Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby discspeed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Mike C wrote:
discspeed wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about a bead on the top of the overmold...Are you talking about where the overmold meets the flight plate?


No, just before the two pieces meet there is a tiny little bead looking thing going around the top of the disc. Just something I hadn't noticed before, no idea if its integral to the overall design or just a by product of the way they make their discs. This photo should make it clear. I see it on FR, non FR and glow, and a slightly more subtle version on my vectors. Doesn't seem to be on my Ions.

http://i.minus.com/iyAlky7wcbipI.jpg


I see what you mean now...I never really noticed that before. I'll have to see what that's all about the next time I visit the factory.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby jwb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:35 pm

So I can't stop flippin over my axis. Poor technique?
jwb
Noob
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: MN
Favorite Disc: M Wizard

Re: Axis of Evil

Postby Timko » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Most likely.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], PMantle and 3 guests