Ace Race Disc this year?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ace Race Disc this year?

Postby Billym » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:20 am

turso wrote:
Billym wrote:I don't get how you guys say it is stable. It is not. It was very easy to turn and had a lot of glide. To throw 200' straight I had it down on a pretty deep hyzer.
Felt like a less stable Mako in soe ways. I aced twice, chained out once and hit metal 8 other times and won the SF AR!

Your form sucks.

(or you have a less stable version of the disc)

Must be.
Last edited by Billym on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Billym » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:20 am

Billym wrote:
turso wrote:
Billym wrote:I don't get how you guys say it is stable. It is not. It was very easy to turn and had a lot of glide. To throw 200' straight I had it down on a pretty deep hyzer.
Felt like a less stable Mako in soe ways. I aced twice, chained out once and hit metal 8 other times and won the SF AR!

Your form sucks.

(or you have a less stable version of the disc)

The Peach colored Peo D one was less stable.
Last edited by Billym on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Dag » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:21 am

dgdave wrote:There were a lot of folks who were throwing it very poorly and the first thing to pop out of their mouths were "its floppy and a piece of shit!"

I've not done Ace Race in this past but this was exactly why I played this year. Lots of fun watching people who knew deep down in their hearts that they were superior players struggle with the disc. Coupla folks were so frustrated that they tossed their discs into a pond after the competition. Best part was when a young girl almost won the event, missing by only one metal.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby Billym » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 am

Dag wrote:
dgdave wrote:There were a lot of folks who were throwing it very poorly and the first thing to pop out of their mouths were "its floppy and a piece of shit!"

I've not done Ace Race in this past but this was exactly why I played this year. Lots of fun watching people who knew deep down in their hearts that they were superior players struggle with the disc. Coupla folks were so frustrated that they tossed their discs into a pond after the competition. Best part was when a young girl almost won the event, missing by only one metal.

That's it I must be a young girl or something.

Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BLURR » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:30 am

I put an ESP version in my bag yesterday. I used it for almost anything under 200 ft. and in...except when it was a headwind. It was a very easy to throw and control. Get approach disc and has tremendous glide. I parked a hole that was 332 ft. and slightly downhill. It's flight truly is slow and deliberate. I can definitely see how the "seasoned" disc'ers would like this disc :D
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby turso » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:02 am

dgdave wrote:I really like this disc. Its not making the bag, but its fun to have. I was getting them out to 280-300 with not a ton of turn. There were a lot of folks who were throwing it very poorly and the first thing to pop out of their mouths were "its floppy and a piece of shit!"

Heh yeah, it's always funny when people blame the disc when the real culprit is the way they throw, had lots of those at the ace race here as well.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby money 21 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:57 am

BLURR wrote:I put an ESP version in my bag yesterday. I used it for almost anything under 200 ft. and in...except when it was a headwind. It was a very easy to throw and control. Get approach disc and has tremendous glide. I parked a hole that was 332 ft. and slightly downhill. It's flight truly is slow and deliberate. I can definitely see how the "seasoned" disc'ers would like this disc :D

this is the case for me as well. 200' to 40' this disc is the ticket.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby money 21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 am

Any idea when this disc might get pdga approved? I have an event coming up and would like to use it.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

All the Old School golfers I've talked to really have a lot of fun throwing this disc. A local with nearly 30 yrs in the sport called it a "Throwback" and reminded him a lot of the wider diameter approach discs he started with in the late 70's.

All the players in my age bracket think it's pure junk and the flippiest piece of shit they've ever thrown. After our Ace Race there 10+ in the used bin at the Local Shop.

My conclusion is this is a probably a really fun to throw disc, that isn't forgiving of poor form.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I like it and will give it a go in the bag for anny, turnover, and flicks without fade approaches IF it ever gets approved.

My buddy and I were playing the other day and a guy and his gal that we play Ultimate with were new to Shelby Forest so we offered to show them around. She wasn't going to play having had bad experiences in the past and I suggested she play a round with my friend's ace race putter. She loved it as it was par and bogey her entire one disc round (she is a solid ultimate player BTW)! My bud sold it to her for the $7 he paid for it and by her reaction you would have thought she was giving him a reward for finding her long lost puppy. Highly recommended for Ultimate Ultrastar lid noobs... me included.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby money 21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 pm

which used bin. I didn't any at Next adventure. I have 2 esp a one d would like to pick up another d. also would love to try one in the 160s I think my wife would dig it.finess is what allows us old fart to keep up with the young bucks and this disc is all about finness.
himynameismatt wrote:All the Old School golfers I've talked to really have a lot of fun throwing this disc. A local with nearly 30 yrs in the sport called it a "Throwback" and reminded him a lot of the wider diameter approach discs he started with in the late 70's.

All the players in my age bracket think it's pure junk and the flippiest piece of shit they've ever thrown. After our Ace Race there 10+ in the used bin at the Local Shop.

My conclusion is this is a probably a really fun to throw disc, that isn't forgiving of poor form.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Nah it wasn't next adventure it was a PIAS in the 'couv. However I did see a couple at Next Adventure last time I was over that way.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby turso » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 pm

The disc is approved. The name is Zeppelin.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby jubuttib » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

turso wrote:The disc is approved. The name is Zeppelin.
It's huge, glides well and doesn't go fast. Quite fitting.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 pm

The disc is approved. The name is Zeppelin.

Zepplin according to the release document.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment